Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 28th May 2010, 23:56   #31
BHPian

@mail4ajo: LOL!. The braking is a bit sloppy especially when you're above 60kmph, otherwise its good, had also heard that the newer scoots some with some changes to the brakes...dont know how true that is. The ride is a little on the stiff side, will take some time getting used to, not much of a problem though.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 00:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
The ride is a little on the stiff side, will take some
time getting used to, not much of a problem though.
Thanks Ripper. On the ride part, will it take the potholes easily or will it bottom out? How the stability with a pillion on board? Some scooters tend to fly around with a pillion.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 01:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Except for the bit stiffer ride(tolerable) havent really faced any problems.The thing is stable with pillion and Potholes can be handled with ease subject to, you are not trating it like a dirt bike .Haven't really seen my access flying with a pillion, but then if you are trying bubba/evel on speed breakers....
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 07:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

It's surprising to see how nobody has yet mentioned about it's throaty exhaust note. I totally love it. Differentiates men among boys in the scoot segment.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 12:41   #35
BHPian

We have been using the Access 125 from March 2008. All free services are completed. Below are my observations:

Pros:
1. Powerful engine. No sign of stress even with pillion rider.
2. High stance and taller. Makes it good for taller people.
3. Good riding comfort. Wide seats.
4. Front telescopic suspension is good.
5. No body rattles even after 2 years.

Cons:
1. Suzuki sales and service sucks.
2. Looks (subjective)
3. A bit on the heavier side.

Parts replaced:
Battery and regulator. This is because of the incorrect diagnosis by the service people at Apple Auto, Bangalore. Since my scooter was out of warranty, I had to pay from my pocket (Around 1500 Rs.)
Overall, I am a satisfied customer.

Regards
Suhas
Blr_RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 15:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

@mail4ajo---visit the gearless scooters thread. I finally booked an Access 125 for my kids after TD'ng the Access and the Aviator. I found the Access peppier.

The positives on the Aviator were better brakes (cost 5 k more), new-fangled looks and a higher riding position.

The waiting period for both scooters in Hyderabad is around 10 to 20 days.
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 01:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Does the Access have extended warranty? Honda has one for the 3rd year.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Does the Access have extended warranty? Honda has one for the 3rd year.
Gotta check that out. AFAIK, it comes with a 2-year warranty and 8 free servicings.
Old 18th October 2010, 21:37   #39
BHPian

Friends does any one know the current waiting period in bangalore? any dealers offering discounts or low emi options, iam planning to book this bike
challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 00:39   #40
BHPian

Want to perform a outrun in signals in scooter buy a access you will not repent the decision i ride everyday 50 kms in my access excellent and powerful commuter with alot of boot space. Gives you a good mileage.
WOW what a exhaust note and butter smooth engine.
Love it for the rest of my life. my next scooter will also be access.
jhenu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

It's been around 4 months since we bought the Suzuki Access and it has around 1850 kms on the odo. It is used mainly by my kids, but I do use it on and off.

Here is a review. The pros first:-
  1. Better pickup than the Aviator or Activa. It could climb a steep slope with my wife on the pillion with apparent ease. In comparision, the Kinetic Honda that we have struggles on the slope and makes a lot of sound.
  2. Better GC leads to tension-free ride over speed-breakers. I've gone over several humps with my wife (combined weight of both of us is around 155 kgs), and not once did it scrape its bottom.
  3. Decent FE, on par with the Activa. Till the second service, it was giving a little under 40, but is now giving above 40 kmpl. I wish it had a reserve to calculate the exact FE
  4. Carries a 2-year warranty in which the vehicle needs to be serviced 12 times, out of which 4 need to be paid for.
  5. Decent room for storage under the seat.
  6. Decent ride quality on account of the telescopic front suspension.
And now here are the cons:-
  1. Brakes at speeds over 60 kmph are not confidence inspiring. But this is a trait of most scooters that I've owned---like the Lamby, LML Vespa and the Kinetic Honda. Even the Activa that I tested had similar brake feel. Only the Aviator with disc brakes all around felt good on this score.
  2. The foldable hook at the front is place a wee bit low compared to the Kinetic Honda. Therefore most plastic bags I hook to the scooter need to be placed horizontally beside the feet---only half of the bag's height is vertical.
  3. Despite front telescopic shocks, I feel the ride quality on the Kinetic Honda to be a bit smoother.
  4. No fuel reserve knob that existed in earlier scooters. This does not help in calculating FE accurately.
  5. Does not look as trendy as the refurbished Activa or the Wego. The front mud-guard reminds me of the bulky design of the Lamby's, when viewed from the side.

Last edited by vnabhi : 23rd October 2010 at 12:34.
Old 25th December 2013, 14:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

It's been ~5 years since we have the Access. It's a low maintenance bike for sure. I just change the oil every 5000kms. NOTHING ELSE. Its done 45k kms. Its definitely been low on maintenance. Compared to my Activa which gave ~27kmpl, it gives somewhere ~36kmpl. The Center of gravity is low, so body balance isn't gr8, also, it skids sideward if you brake on gravel/sand. The lower end grunt is as used to be when it was brand new, awesome. I feel Activa was more stable and had a higher center of gravity.

Never bothered about the looks as long as there's nothing pointlessly weird about the design. GC was never an issue, dunno why it should even be an issue for bikes. Overall, it's held up very well over these years and has aged WAYYYY more graciously than the Activa. Actually it's not aged at all, seems as good as a month old bike.

I just gave my bike to Authorised Service just once. Since then I didn't even use the free service coupons, that's because my trusted FNG told me they changed genuine parts with duplicate parts at company service center. Since then, I've simply been giving it for oil change every 5000kms.
GrammarNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 12:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Default re: On the Suzuki Access 125

I have an access, and it's around 3 years old. I do not use it much, as can be seen in the kms it has run so far, at around 6800. Use it primarily for weekend errands and dropping the kid to the school, which is not too far from home either.

I have mostly used Shell petrol on this scooter and have been changing engine oil at shell too. I probably used 3 services from Suzuki, as I found their service schedule to be weird. Every alternate two services were paid, and you need to complete some 12-14 services to be eligible for warranty. Anyways, cut to the chase, I was getting the scooter serviced every 6 months at a neighborhood garage and I used to get a feeling that except for washing the vehicle, they weren't doing anything as there never used to be a difference in the vehicle behavior. Hence, decided to give it to the authorized service centre this time, and got it back yesterday after the routine, engine oil, air filter, oil filter and some sundry expenses. The bill came to around Rs.1100, which i thought was a tad expensive.

The question I had was, when do I change the gear oil? I asked the SA there, he dint look too knowledgeable, as he said engine oil is 900ml and another 100ml of engine oil is used for gear oil and its changed every time they vehicle is given for service. Can someone confirm this?
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quick question, after my recent service with the Suzuki A*S*S, I hear the squeaking sound probably from somewhere near the engine. It only comes when I try to pull the vehicle from stationary or at very slow speeds. What could be the issue? The service center is a little far out and hence I want to know the issue before I head out.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2014, 13:03   #45
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Quick question, after my recent service with the Suzuki A*S*S, I hear the squeaking sound probably from somewhere near the engine. It only comes when I try to pull the vehicle from stationary or at very slow speeds. What could be the issue? The service center is a little far out and hence I want to know the issue before I head out.
I had a squeaking sound on my Access as well. Found out it was because of the bolts that hold the part under the seat (underbody) to the frame. They are those bushes with rubber heads and when you start up your vehicle the acceleration jerks cause the squeaking sound. Just check for that. Could be a reason.
the-mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote