Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th October 2008, 17:34   #31
BHPian

Sriram, I just noticed the date after reading your post a sigh of relief for me too...
Gregory there are so many models that haven't been lauched I remember the TVS developing a motocross bike but it didn't make it to road.
But I feel some one out there is burning the mid night oil to counter attack the yamaha 's R15 and FZ's its going to come with big engines and things like that. So Sriram I think our days will be quiet short
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 22:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

People will always say that thank god that this isn't launched.Just because they have bought a bike recently.and then they crib that big bikes are not launched in india.

this isn't the right approach.progress has its share of losses as well.anything you buy now will become old sooner or later.this should not be the cause of delaying progress.

point is i'm not saying that its because of you guys wishing it.but its in the mentality of the bike makers as well.if they start making better bikes who will buy the smaller ones.their manufacturing and assembly lines for the smaller bikes will get useless.

the biggest example of this is out own Hero Honda.they're selling the same bike since '87.cd100,sleek,splendour,splendour +,passion,passion+
then came cbz,cbz+,kari(same platform,larger bore and stroke)

we have to get the bigger better bikes into india.
start mass production of the yamaha r15 in india with full localization and you'll see a price drop to 80 grand.
start producing the 600cc bikes here and you'll see a price of close to 2.5-4 lakhs and you'll have lines in front of the showrooms.
see the sales of the official R1's.they're selling very well to say the least.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 23:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
People will always say that thank god that this isn't launched.Just because they have bought a bike recently.and then they crib that big bikes are not launched in india.

this isn't the right approach.progress has its share of losses as well.anything you buy now will become old sooner or later.this should not be the cause of delaying progress.
Chill Dude! There was nothing serious about our posts! You are reading more into it than any of us meant!

I am sure no one from the auto industry is reading my post and delaying launch of a powerful bike because I just spent my hard earned 1.1L on some other bike

I'll be glad if they launch a 600cc bike in the range 3 - 4L!
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 23:21   #34
BHPian

Navpreet : I would be very happy see the powerful bikes launched. I had mentioned a similar hint on my previous post.

In fact I am expecting one from TVS, its been a long time since the flame but developing a bike seems to take a lot of time in India.
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 18:09   #35

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwyn View Post
in my opinion this will be the biggest monster to hit indian roads!!!!! its in diret comtition with the comet 250 but the price will get this baby places. TVS hats of to u dude
dude, do you think a 250 cc comes with 4 nos of exhaust
haryrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 18:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Gregory, you gave me a heart-attack by digging up this thread
ROFL. Even I couldnt believe my eyes. Loved the meaty, muscular naked look but 4 cyclinders and just over a lakh? I'd buy two of these if so. But then this thread is 5 years old. Bah !!!

Nevertheless they have made a good design and impression even in a concept. Most usually go overboard and they look wierd but this looks practical and realistic enough. Dual disc's are an overkill though. Even my ninja 250R has a single disc with dual pistons and only two cylinders for 3.2Lacs. But i got a rear monoshock though.

@navpreet - just joking man. dont take offence. If this actually hits the road, it'll be my daily ride.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote