Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 2nd July 2015, 15:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: TVS Suzuki Samurai - No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrsooraj View Post
I am riding close to 400 kilometers on a single say this coming Saturday. We'll see if the bike is still a no problem bike even after 20 years of age.

Cheers.
Two-three things you need to carry; A spark plug, the plug spanner, a spare throttle cable and a clutch cable. Carry some 2T oil as well. Put some extra oil while you refill petrol and if you are using 2T pump, make sure you do a bit of premix as well.

Ensure you take a 10 - 15 minutes, break every 1 hour/50 KMs, this would ensure periodic cooling. These steps/precautions are not mandatory, but can save you a lot of heartburn if your bike decides to throw some tantrums.

Pramod
pramodkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Two-three things you need to carry; A spark plug, the plug spanner, a spare throttle cable and a clutch cable. Carry some 2T oil as well. Put some extra oil while you refill petrol and if you are using 2T pump, make sure you do a bit of premix as well.

Pramod
1. I wouldn't have thought of the throttle and clutch cable. I have already stocked the rest of the items you have mentioned. Well, to be honest, it was my dad who did the stocking. He always has a spare of each (for the last 20 years).

2. It a No Problem Bike (I hope, I really do).

3. Should the clutch/throttle cable give me any trouble, I wouldn't however know what to do with the spares that I am carrying. We'll see. I might as well learn something while I'm at it.

One thing's for certain, this is going to be a very different experience.
msrsooraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrsooraj View Post
1. I wouldn't have thought of the throttle and clutch cable. I have already stocked the rest of the items you have mentioned. Well, to be honest, it was my dad who did the stocking. He always has a spare of each (for the last 20 years).

2. It a No Problem Bike (I hope, I really do).

3. Should the clutch/throttle cable give me any trouble, I wouldn't however know what to do with the spares that I am carrying. We'll see. I might as well learn something while I'm at it.

One thing's for certain, this is going to be a very different experience.
Finding a road side mechanic in case of emergency is not an issue, finding a spares shop which has spares for the samurai is impossible during need.

Pramod
pramodkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Finding a road side mechanic in case of emergency is not an issue, finding a spares shop which has spares for the samurai is impossible during need.

Pramod
Words of Wisdom. And besides that, I am taking all precautions that I'll need if it should rain. Its all right if it rains. My bike will then become liquid cooled.
msrsooraj is offline   Reply With Quote