Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 5th October 2005, 18:27   #106
BANNED

What about their families? It's the family members' responsibility then to get the person to wear a helmet.

I believe it should be a personal choice.

The government should educate people - convince them that its the smart thing to do because you have a family and your life is precious etc etc.

If you can convince somebody that it is the right thing to do, it will be a thousand times more effective.

Just forcing a law doesn't work, because people will hate it and will always look for a chance to break it.

As is happening right now.

Last edited by Boom Shiva : 5th October 2005 at 18:33.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2005, 18:44   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Forcing people to wear helmets only pisses them off. You need to educate them first. After that, if they still don't wear a helmet, well it's their problem. Die if you want to, its your own loss.
whats next?
educate people about income tax & let them decide?

goverment has made a rule
if you want to ride two wheeler wear helment
if you don't want to wear helment don't use two wheeler

the root of all cause is lack of education

Last edited by adya33 : 5th October 2005 at 18:46.
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2005, 19:33   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
What about their families? It's the family members' responsibility then to get the person to wear a helmet.

I believe it should be a personal choice
Boom - Each family will be having a member who uses his common sense and asks his family members to use helmets ! or is that asking too much ? why the HELL cant each individual understand the importance of his/her own life?

Quote:
Just forcing a law doesn't work, because people will hate it and will always look for a chance to break it.

As is happening right now.
1) Why should we give the govt a chance to force the law on us ?
2) And if the law is for our safety - why dont we follow it ?

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th December 2005 at 20:15.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2005, 19:36   #109
Senior - BHPian

Hav a look at the PIC,

Looks Funny but it makes a lot of sense.
kiku007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2005, 20:15   #110
Team-BHP Support

Some interesting FAQs from the mumbai traffic police themselves regarding the helmet usage >

http://www.trafficpolicemumbai.org/helmet.html

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 20:07   #111
BHPian

education is fine. but for those thick headed riders/pillions the fine is the best option [strictly enforced in an ideal world].soon they will get the message either way. no compromise.
air870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 23:11   #112
Senior - BHPian

Sadly the Helmet Rule has gone for a royal toss here in Mumbai. Nowadays helmets are adornments on the handle bars only.

People spend 500 bucks buy a helmet and then ride a bike with the helmet hanging on the handle bars ...I mean what kind of stupid logic do these guys follow ? if you buy a helmet , wear it for God's sake. it just might save your life. But will these jokers ever inderstand ? I guess not !
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 23:52   #113
BHPian

When are they going to make it compulsory in Chennai...sigh!
less than 20% people wear a helmet on chennai roads, despite the ever swirling dust
abhi182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 02:56   #114
BHPian

The simple fact of the matter is that people will not listen. No matter how much you tell them or educate them.

Its a real pity that they have to get into an accident and then realise the necessity to wear a helmet. i.e. IF they survive.

I've been one of them. Started to wear seat belts only after I almost went through the wind sheild of my cab and had to carry around an ugly patch above my left eye.

I always make sure that I wear my helmet. It took a lot of convincing and in the end compelling from my dad for me to wear a helmet. There is not a day that goes by that I do not thank him silently. I've had 2 accidents and the helmet has saved me from serious harm. I always advocate wearing a helmet. I've even gone to the extent of buying 2 of my friends helmets. They still dont' wear it complaining that they just gelled their hair and wearing it will give them helmet hair.

Simple fact is people who say that they don't need a helmet when riding are total retards. No amount of education is going to make them change their view.

In the end its their head not mine.

Thankfully I have realised it before it was too late. Pray that the other retards realise this before its too late for them.
TheCockroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 03:18   #115
BHPian

What's the big deal, this law has been in force in calcutta from the past god knows how many years... Try riding a bike without the pillion wearing a helmet there and be sure to shell atleast 300 bucks.. As a matter of fact if ur helmet is not covering ur ears or if ur wearing a cricket helmet, u still get caught and booked!!
Cheers
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 03:52   #116
Senior - BHPian

For those who dont use helmets they only have two reasons

1) It doesnt look cool on a bike. According to me they dont look smart but fools without donning 1.
2) Its tough to carry. how much time does it take to hook the helmet up on the bike? I didnt want a hook and I was more than happy to carry my gloves and helmet with me wherever I went.

But one big advantage in Ahmedabad is that its too good to have a helmet in the smoky environ of the city

Last edited by devarshi84 : 31st March 2006 at 03:53.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2006, 13:42   #117
BANNED

Thread restarted.. lets get new opinions both pro and con.. Im TOTALLY for people wearing helmets on whatever 2 wheeler they ride.. motorised naturally.
Cyclist's do not count..
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote