Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 4th August 2008, 12:33   #61
Team-BHP Support

v12, don't you think it's high time to take some PROPER shots of your beautiful machine.

There's no dearth of help as Gordon is there with you.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 16:24   #62
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for having so much confidence in me. I just try my best would be better somehow if I had a more professional camera.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 4232
Size:  116.8 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 4155
Size:  104.2 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 4116
Size:  135.8 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 4195
Size:  115.6 KB
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 16:29   #63
Senior - BHPian

AWESOME........
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2008, 22:06   #64
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

A few pics of the photoshoot done by Gordon's friend. Thanks Gaurav :
Attached Images

v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2008, 18:41   #65
BHPian

Simply superb looking machines, i liked the 2nd, 3rd & the last one a lot.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 23:34   #66
BHPian

hey gordon and v12! congratulations on the successful completion of this project. i read somewhere that you guys picked up a yamaha rx100 as the next caferacer project, so how is that going on. sorry couldn't find that thread. can you please post the link of that one?
pulsarmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 14:53   #67
BHPian

Hey v12 can i ask u only 1 question

1)Are the silencer and handle bars available in market or where they custom made.
reddy6980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 17:26   #68
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hey gordon and v12! congratulations on the successful completion of this project. i read somewhere that you guys picked up a yamaha rx100 as the next caferacer project, so how is that going on. sorry couldn't find that thread. can you please post the link of that one?
Thanks and Here you go - > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...on-thread.html

Quote:
Hey v12 can i ask u only 1 question

1)Are the silencer and handle bars available in market or where they custom made.
The silencer is a Goldstar one which has been upswept. The handlebar is custom made.
Old 21st November 2008, 03:15   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Dear V12 / Gordon, could you please tell me a little more about the silencer?
I want to fix a goldstar silencer like the one you have to my Thunderbird.
My mechanic told me it needs to be ordered 2 weeks in advance, comes filled with glasswoll and costs about Rs. 3500.
Is your silencer from an original BSA Goldstar or has it been locally manufactured.
Reading your post makes me say I feel exactly like you do about the exhaust note hence want one exactly like you got.
yasirsait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 13:43   #70
BHPian

Great job V12 and Gordon! I read all 13 pages of your post with great interest. You guys sure did some high quality work. And you documented it all so carefully - awesome.
I am also embarking on my own cafe racer project with my Enfield 500. It will look quite different to yours though. I'm going more for the continental look.
One thing we do share is the Gold star exhaust. I am putting a swept back bend pipe onto the exhaust header.
I think this means I'll have to get rear-sets for the bike. Any ideas where I can get rear-sets for a RHS gear shift bike? You mentioned [FONT=Arial]Bitee Bikes [/FONT]in Bombay - where are they located?
500modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 16:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

All the best for your project 500modder

The Continental too is basically a cafe racer. Difference is that it has clip on bars instead of a clubman handlebar. The 500 already has a sharper bend pipe, but not swept back. Are you fabricating a bend pipe?!

My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-royalenfieldcontinentalgt1966.jpg

No one makes Rearsets for Bullets. Bitee Bikes is just an Enfield Spares Shop in Mahim. They have shut down and shifted to another location. Me, V12 and my friend are already working on the rearsets of my friends Electra 4s (RH shift). Things are going slow since we are trying to develop rearsets that can easily be installed and uninstalled, apart from the lack of time. We generally work only on weekends. When we have them ready, you can pick a fresh one from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirsait
My mechanic told me it needs to be ordered 2 weeks in advance, comes filled with glasswoll and costs about Rs. 3500.
You don't get BSA Goldstar Exhausts. Its a fabricated Goldstar silencer from Pune.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 15:33   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
All the best for your project 500modder

The Continental too is basically a cafe racer. Difference is that it has clip on bars instead of a clubman handlebar. The 500 already has a sharper bend pipe, but not swept back. Are you fabricating a bend pipe?!

No one makes Rearsets for Bullets. Bitee Bikes is just an Enfield Spares Shop in Mahim. They have shut down and shifted to another location. Me, V12 and my friend are already working on the rearsets of my friends Electra 4s (RH shift). Things are going slow since we are trying to develop rearsets that can easily be installed and uninstalled, apart from the lack of time. We generally work only on weekends. When we have them ready, you can pick a fresh one from us.
Dude that's awesome - it would be great to get the rear-sets from you. Any ideas where I could get nice clip ons too? Here's a picture of the bike in question - a friend of mine and I made these mods years ago. Note the rust It's time for a complete over haul.

My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-bike1.jpg

The bike already has a shaved and ported head. I have ordered a chromed cafe tank (couldn't find an alloy one unfortunately), Goldstar exhaust, swept-back bend pipe (a standard pipe that's bent to a 70 degree angle an re-chromed), head yoke with smith meter, single cafe seat and fork gaitors from Royal Motors in Delhi (some pics below). Also getting a K&N type air filter and 30 mm Keihin-type flat-slide carb from CMW in the US. Want to put on the T-bird rear subframe, Samrat alloy rockers, light weight pushrods and a higher capacity oil pump (maybe from the 535) and knock off the tool boxes. Looking for 19" alloy rims too.

Will post pics soon as we're through, think it might take a couple of months - fun, fun.
Attached Images

Old 22nd November 2008, 22:58   #73
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

POST BY Gordon
I personally didn't like the Royal Motorcycles Cafe Seat. The tank is good though. Quite a list for the cafe. I guess keep the spoke wheels, they are more retro than alloy wheels. Waiting for the updates....
Old 23rd November 2008, 02:24   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirsait View Post
Hi: Go to Muneer Bhai in Thimaiah Road. He charges Rs. 2500 for a goldie repro. Also these were calibrated or designed for the 500 engine, so consult with someone who knows about it before fixing it.

Also you will see a "Flying Flea" cafe racer there, owned by one of my friends. A really amazing machine.

Cheers
TuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:09   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
POST BY Gordon
I personally didn't like the Royal Motorcycles Cafe Seat. The tank is good though. Quite a list for the cafe. I guess keep the spoke wheels, they are more retro than alloy wheels. Waiting for the updates....

Hey V12, agree with you about the spoked wheels. But was hoping I could find 19inch spoked wheels with alloy rims to keep the unsprung weight lower. Heard they are available at chor bazar from time to time. Any other ideas where I could find them out there?

Will see how the seat works before i try to cut the existing one into shape.