Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 11th August 2008, 21:29   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Here you go its 28.4mm. i was told that rd carbs jet size is 140
Pradeep did you measure the inside diameter at the engine side and got the reading as 28.4? I find it hard to believe. RD carbs are 28mm but this is not an RD carb. RD carb have a different float mechanism and a tube (hole) to connect the choke circuit in two carbs because only one carb has the choke lever.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 22:31   #167
BHPian

Pradeep,

I have no idea from which bike that carb has been taken but I can assure you that

4TL4 00/01 is the RX135 4speed/RXZ 4 speed carb
4TL4 20 is the RX135 5speed.

4speed/RXG has 165 mainjet
5speed has 135 main jet

Anything other than this means you are polly having a unique carb
Sandeep_K_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2008, 10:42   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Pradeep did you measure the inside diameter at the engine side and got the reading as 28.4? I find it hard to believe. RD carbs are 28mm but this is not an RD carb. RD carb have a different float mechanism and a tube (hole) to connect the choke circuit in two carbs because only one carb has the choke lever.
Chetta, i am sure i measured it correctly or else was the vernier caliper showing wrong reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep_K_Ram View Post
Pradeep,

I have no idea from which bike that carb has been taken but I can assure you that

4TL4 00/01 is the RX135 4speed/RXZ 4 speed carb
4TL4 20 is the RX135 5speed.

4speed/RXG has 165 mainjet
5speed has 135 main jet

Anything other than this means you are polly having a unique carb
Ya it seems that i am polly having a unique carb, will be installing this carburettor during the next service. let me know when can i get the cdi kit installed.

Guys i bought the cdi kit from sandeep will be installing the same in few days time.

Team-BHP Classifieds - RDD Digital CDI - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2008, 11:10   #169
BHPian

Let us know how it runs after installing the CDI kit
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 23:20   #170
BHPian

hi this is my friends rx 135 5 speed.its a 2003 model. as you can see he has kept the bike really well. pampers his bike extra lot
Attached Thumbnails
Living with my dream my RX 135-pic1865.jpg  

Living with my dream my RX 135-pic1866.jpg  

Living with my dream my RX 135-pic1869.jpg  

Living with my dream my RX 135-pic1870.jpg  

pulsarmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 13:07   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
hi this is my friends rx 135 5 speed.its a 2003 model. as you can see he has kept the bike really well. pampers his bike extra lot

I can vouch for it its not a 5 speed its a 4 speed.
Old 15th September 2008, 13:14   #172
BHPian

Quote:
I can vouch for it its not a 5 speed its a 4 speed.

There was no 4 speed in 2003. 4 speed stopped production in 2001 i think.

I may be wrong though. Also look at the exhaust its not the rx 135 exhaust.
hemanthisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 14:39   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
There was no 4 speed in 2003. 4 speed stopped production in 2001 i think.

I may be wrong though. Also look at the exhaust its not the rx 135 exhaust.
Who said it was stopped mine is a 4 speed 2005 feb model.
Old 15th September 2008, 15:01   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Who said it was stopped mine is a 4 speed 2005 feb model.
Then i might have got confused, because when we bought in 2000, they were going to stop rx 135 and start with rxg which was 5 speed. Because of the failure of rxg, they got back the rx 135.
hemanthisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 15:08   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Then i might have got confused, because when we bought in 2000, they were going to stop rx 135 and start with rxg which was 5 speed. Because of the failure of rxg, they got back the rx 135.

For your info Rxg was also 4 speed it never came with 5 speed.
Old 15th September 2008, 15:52   #176
BHPian

hey praJEEP nice bike u got there. so have u started messing with RX as of yet ? i believe u have . saw the pictures of the carb etc. lol. the carb looks very much like an RD carb and even if it isnt i doubt there will be any major difference in performance since both are round slides and the venturi size is almost the same. RDs run on 140 mains (stock).

since u are based in blore i would suggest u stick with the 4 speed block piston , port it and build a pipe according to ur porting.

in a city like bangalore a ported 4 speed barrel is all u need. ported 5 speed barrels are more of an overkill.

wrt carb u have i wouldnt suggest u go with it since u will loose low end with an RD or an RD like carb. bike will move nice in upper midrange and top but low end sucks. if u aint got lowend u aint got nothing in namma bengaluru. here ur sure to hit a crater or a speed braker every 5 meters , top end makes no sense. for initial response wrt
carb flatslides and PWKs are the way to go IMO.

the stock 4 speed carbs are good for a stockish city setup.. frm what ive heard the pre cat con 4 speeds had almost the same carbs as the cat con 4 speed only diff being the air jet on the cat con models are smaller . so try and source a pre cat con 4 speed carb.

filter well ive run both K&N and UNI and i believe UNI's are better. however on an RX u cannot install either straight onto the carb since there is a chasis tube that comes right beind the carb and then there is the airbox which u will have to cut if u want to keep the battrey or do away with completely . intall requires a lil innovation and juggad on ur part. and u need to upjet as well.

as for lighting there are two kits for the RX . the ravi nagesh kit and the RDDreams kit. both are basically the same i.e. both provide 90/100 lightining. both are good but cost quite a bit. so it depends on ur budget , and what u want. ur bike wont run any faster with either electrical kits . atleast not in city conditions which is what ive
been given to believe but that headlight beam is to die for esp if u use to RX to ride long distance in the night like i used to.

for garages and guys to tune RX's there are loads in bangalore. vijayanagar is a hot spot. i donno if joe still does RXs since his boys treat RDs like thrash lol. motokraft ,
hanuman motors , DTW , checkpoint , dam motors and nisar motorworks are places to go to. all depends on where u stay , which is more convinient for u and who u have a good rapport and feel comfortable with. most bikes tuned by these guys move and i mean really MOVE.

love the RX lots of options , least hassels. the ultimate fill it , shut it , powerwheelie it indian motorcycle. just be a lil careful of ur oil pump . lots of people including me recommend pre mix , if u dont find it practical for a daily commuter get a transparent 2T pipe frm ur pump to the carb so u can see if the oil is being pumped or not.

another thing u MUST do is get a good expansion chamber on ur bike, preferable something with good lowend and midrange. 2 strokes arnt true if they arnt piped.
addictive feeling and a great rush.

all the best with ur bike. ride hard , ride safe.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 21:48   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go its 28.4mm.

i was told that rd carbs jet size is 140

@sandeep this is what is imprinted on the carb 2YA00
28.4mm? not the correct way to measure. just measure the thichness of the slide. you are supposed to measure the diameter of the bore aka the hole where the slide goes in, not the venturi.

2YA00. RX125 VM26. would have shown pics, but my whole parts catalog collection went down the drain with my HDD crash.
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 19:04   #178
BHPian

I think its time to update this thread, i have changed the indicators to the older series Rx type 98/99 these new indicators suck big time, in a span of 1 week four indicators were damaged and i was not able to change the stay coz its not available anywhere, i was so fed up that i changed them to the older type and yes we get stays for this type of indicators.

From some time now i wanted to change front mud guard to RXZ one but i was not able to find a genuine one any where, finally after a long wait i got hold of one yesterday and changed it accordingly.

On a lazy sunday what else one would do rather than fiddling around his bike and i did the same, change the airfilter sponge, drained the old gear box oil out refilled it with motul 15w50 which lying around in the store for some time now. chenged the spark plug to mico coz my iridium plug was damged from so called a expert mechanic and there was lot of misfiring removed the carburettor and cleaned it, oh my there was some huge amount of dirt in it. removed the chain and cleaned it with WD40 and dipped it in homely made grease for a good 20 mins time and put it back. took the bike for a nice bath with sonax shampoo and gave clean coat of waxpol after it.

Some pics after a long time .
Attached Thumbnails
Living with my dream my RX 135-dsc_0057.jpg  

Living with my dream my RX 135-dsc_0056.jpg  

Living with my dream my RX 135-dsc_0049.jpg  

Old 21st September 2008, 21:39   #179
Senior - BHPian

should have stuck witht he chrome front fender. front looks like a crux now
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 21:52   #180
BHPian

sorry guys. my friend's bike is 4 speed not 5. but ya, the silencer is of the rx 135 AFAIK. thats a power silencer. the chromed cover on the silencer has been removed since it had scratches all over and lukd very bad. i have seen many rx 135 in nagpur wid power silencer. i don think all of them changed to the same kind of silencer, must be the stock one.and ya the model is 2003
pulsarmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote