Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 21st September 2008, 22:51   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Pradeep,
In due course of time i suggest you do this:
1) Replace the current stamped metal upper triple clamp with the older type much better cast aluminium unit.
2) Change the headlamp ear clamps to the older type.
3) Put lower triple tree chrome caps along with the above suggested mod.
4) Change the round meter console to the old three piece unit.

Do all that and your bike will have that real RX charm. Yamaha made all these changes to the later model RXes to economise and share parts across other models. When they did that it lost a little bit of character of the original RXes. Looks wise the sore parts are the round pod meter and the stamped metal upper triple clamp. I hope you take this in the right sense. Your decision to fix the older type indicators is good! And the bike is shining!
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 17:48   #182
BHPian

Cool number plates.

Where did you get them made and how much ?
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 22:49   #183
BHPian

hey prajeep! i wanted to know how much those rx indicators cost you? we found the duplicate one in nagpur for 120 rs but couldnt get the original ones. thats what is missin in our bike i guess. but your bike looks cool man. and yeah even i want to know how much those number plates cost you... will get one for my pulsar but in a different font maybe...
pulsarmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 00:24   #184
BHPian

I recently got the RX indicators for 45 each, original is 100 each. But the 45 ones are not bad, they are of decent quality.
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 06:54   #185
Senior - BHPian

I got myself 4 original indicators and 4 original RD red lenses have to put them on...
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 09:30   #186
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Nice bike praJEEP. Didnt like the instrument console though. No offence meant, just my opinion. Any idea where in Bengaluru/Hyderabad I might find original RX100 butterfly crashguard?
NitinGirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 11:42   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinGirish View Post
Nice bike praJEEP. Didnt like the instrument console though. No offence meant, just my opinion. Any idea where in Bengaluru/Hyderabad I might find original RX100 butterfly crashguard?
i agree with you man.the only thing missing seems to be the rectangular console of the rx135.and shift the toolbox below the battery to the other side.the acid leaks common in the rx may spoil all the documents you keep in the box
pulsarmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 12:10   #188
BHPian

Sorry for the late reply guyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Cool number plates.

Where did you get them made and how much ?
It costed me 550 for a pair

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
hey prajeep! i wanted to know how much those rx indicators cost you? we found the duplicate one in nagpur for 120 rs but couldnt get the original ones. thats what is missin in our bike i guess. but your bike looks cool man. and yeah even i want to know how much those number plates cost you... will get one for my pulsar but in a different font maybe...
300 for 4 indicators, number plates 550 for a pair this is the standard font available afaik there are no other choices available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I got myself 4 original indicators and 4 original RD red lenses have to put them on...
RD lenses yen guru adhu !! brief explanation needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinGirish View Post
Thanks nitin try JC road, RX 100 original i am trying from ages let me know if you find one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
i agree with you man.the only thing missing seems to be the rectangular console of the rx135.and shift the toolbox below the battery to the other side.the acid leaks common in the rx may spoil all the documents you keep in the box

Thats not reqiuired i am using a dry amaron battery, so no acid leaks

EDIT : P.S Above the tool kit there is airfilter the battery is on the left side, i wonder what you are talking about !!! huh

Last edited by praJEEP : 11th October 2008 at 12:23.
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 16:05   #189
BHPian

*Bump*

Could any one tell me what model is this unknown filter its lying around with me since 1 year ( i have lost the box and forgotten the model number ) so planning to use it. need inputs.

A pic of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Living with my dream my RX 135-pradeep_030.jpg  

Last edited by praJEEP : 12th November 2008 at 16:13. Reason: Edited after sankar said its not a K&N thanks sankar.
Old 12th November 2008, 16:07   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

It's not a K&N filter Pradeep. it is a steel mesh filter with no cotton layer in between. It looks similar to the HP steel mesh filter i had on the Bullet.
Old 12th November 2008, 16:27   #191
BHPian

Thanks for clarifying sankar, can i use this filter ! sorry if i sound dumb
Old 12th November 2008, 17:00   #192
Senior - BHPian

You can mate but be careful with high flow air as it leans the mixture and the engine life will compromised, do a plug chop to see that if its makeing the mixture lean and milage is increasing after that do the jetting part with some expert if you cant on your own.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 18:12   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't use it mate, go for UNI or K&N. The filter won't filter well and will screw up your engine.
Old 13th November 2008, 10:41   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
You can mate but be careful with high flow air as it leans the mixture and the engine life will compromised, do a plug chop to see that if its makeing the mixture lean and milage is increasing after that do the jetting part with some expert if you cant on your own.
thanks for clarifying ajay, its better i don't use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Don't use it mate, go for UNI or K&N. The filter won't filter well and will screw up your engine.
Which K&N model to be used ? any idea about the prices, its better you give me some 2 or 3 options.

Regarding sound does uni sound less than K&N.
Old 13th November 2008, 16:00   #195
Senior - BHPian

I am getting 5 speed RXZ in couple of days and very first thing is going to be Uni filter, upjeting and CDI, porting, chambers, new piston with con rod after some time.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote