Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 13th November 2008, 16:07   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
I am getting 5 speed RXZ in couple of days and very first thing is going to be Uni filter, upjeting and CDI, porting, chambers, new piston with con rod after some time.
Ya read it on RDD congrats , whats the model number of uni filter and cost.
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 16:36   #197
Senior - BHPian

Dont know but after getting the bike will buy them must be around 17-1800 as have one pair for RD and costed 3600 for the pair.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 13th November 2008 at 16:51.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 16:40   #198
BHPian

Ajay where do you get/order the uni filters from, just cuirious to know.
Old 13th November 2008, 17:19   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, why don't you just import it from UNIFilter of Australia/UNI of USA?

Find out the OD of your carb mouth. The filter flange ID has to match/should be close to the carb mouth OD. About the length and diameter of the filter, you first have to see how much space you have in the bike, then make a decision based on that.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 12:47   #200
BHPian

An Update:

The last rebore which i got it done was pathetic i don't want to drag this further, rings sound at high rpm's, so decided to do a rebore job and some mods to the barrell so got the RZ reeds and sent the head and barell to a friend of mine in mumbai.

Mods done
1) stage 2 porting.
2) RZ reeds.
3) VM 26 carb.
4) customized foam filter.
5) RXZ 5 speed speedo set up.

In line is a sigma and a disc upgrade to gladi or RTR, have to work out the budget and finalize the things. stock clutch is not supporting this set up so need a better upgrade, kindly suggest something.

Runnin or rather breakin completed haven't had a chance to test its capabiliteies. only thing i have tested bike bike pulls clean like a slate in all gears 3rd gear maxing out at 90kmph and revs till 7500rpm witha stock pipe will be taking the bike for a short run to nice road preferablly this weekend, the stock BPR7HS plug was running too hot so using mico W5BC now. haven't done the compression check yet will update here.

Jetting the bike was a major challenge for me finally got the jetting right needle at the bottom most position 20 pilots and 175 mains. i want to clear this doubt the carb which i am using is thailand make so its not good as the original VM26 buttttt still its performance is amazing will opt for the original carb when my budget permits.

All said and done i couldn't have given myself a better birthday gift than this, i have been in & out of the forum nowadays will be back sooner will update you guyz with pics and reports prefarbly this weekend.

Cya

Pradeep
Old 11th February 2009, 14:24   #201
BHPian

Congrats pradeep, thats a beast in the making. Even I'm thinking of going for a rebore from someone professional. Though my bike is running without any problems, there is no engine compression and the bike doesn't want to run beyond 70kmph
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 15:14   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Blore guy getting the bore rebored in Bbay. Now that's a first!

Blore has couple of good places for getting reboring, i'm sure you know it. I used their services for my Rex and Bull and i was satisfied.
Old 11th February 2009, 19:47   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Congrats pradeep, thats a beast in the making. Even I'm thinking of going for a rebore from someone professional. Though my bike is running without any problems, there is no engine compression and the bike doesn't want to run beyond 70kmph
Thanks, how much is the compression now ? find out the max revs in all gears taht would give you a clear picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Blore guy getting the bore rebored in Bbay. Now that's a first!

Blore has couple of good places for getting reboring, i'm sure you know it. I used their services for my Rx and Bull and i was satisfied.
i would have got the rebore done myself only if was able to procure my hands on the micrometer but the damn thing costs a bomb I have simply lost the confidence here,It all started after i got the reeds, i had been to couple of places in bangalore for fixing up the reeds by seeing the workmanship i simply grabbed my barells and ran away as fast as i can, and then i courierd the whole stuff to mumbai.
Old 11th February 2009, 20:13   #204
Senior - BHPian

Congrats So enjoying the bike eh?
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 23:45   #205

glad to know you're finally enjoying the bike. just make sure you run the right 2t oil in the right amount and you will have trouble free miles and good ownership experience out of the motor. Also, a good reed valve setup is helping the bike perform better.

just make sure you run in well and do a post 1000km inspect of the liner and compression. Then we can go ahead and plonk a Motorpipe on that thing just like sunny

cheers and happy riding
atul_astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 07:58   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
i would have got the rebore done myself only if was able to procure my hands on the micrometer but the damn thing costs a bomb I have simply lost the confidence here,It all started after i got the reeds, i had been to couple of places in bangalore for fixing up the reeds by seeing the workmanship i simply grabbed my barells and ran away as fast as i can, and then i courierd the whole stuff to mumbai.
As long as it's done right and you're happy, well and good. Post the reviews once you have everything set up mate.
Old 12th February 2009, 10:10   #207
BHPian

can you pass the info of mechanics who can do these mods in blore if u know one ?

Quote:
An Update:

Mods done
1) stage 2 porting.
2) RZ reeds.
3) VM 26 carb.
4) customized foam filter.
5) RXZ 5 speed speedo set up.
smart2smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 10:11   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, how much is the compression now ? find out the max revs in all gears taht would give you a clear picture.
Eh, how do I find that out ?
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 12:00   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Congrats So enjoying the bike eh?
Ya man wish you were here, yesterday night sandeep took it for a spin and he was able to rev till 8500rpm in 3rd gear,see if you can help me out with 9hs or autolite plugs using W5BC now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul_astro View Post
glad to know you're finally enjoying the bike. just make sure you run the right 2t oil in the right amount and you will have trouble free miles and good ownership experience out of the motor. Also, a good reed valve setup is helping the bike perform better.

just make sure you run in well and do a post 1000km inspect of the liner and compression. Then we can go ahead and plonk a Motorpipe on that thing just like sunny

cheers and happy riding
Right now using power1 jetx, i am just waiting for more carbon deposit to get the compression check done. will keep you updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
As long as it's done right and you're happy, well and good. Post the reviews once you have everything set up mate.
Tahnks will do that sankar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart2smart View Post
can you pass the info of mechanics who can do these mods in blore if u know one ?
Pm atul astro on the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Eh, how do I find that out ?
Remove your spark plug place the compression meter tube in the head open throttle fully and start kicking the kicker 5 to 6 times you will get the compression reading on the meter.

Check the speeds on each gear 1st 2nd 3rd 4th on all these gears max out dont short shift you will know the result.
Old 18th February 2009, 15:44   #210
BHPian

This is how the custom made filter looks.
Attached Images