Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th February 2009, 06:02   #211
Senior - BHPian

Hey have you tried Yamalube 2T oil? I've just bought it but waiting for the Castrol oil to be consumed.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 09:51   #212
BHPian

Good stuff going on there. I have the an RX in the same colour, you are tempting me to do some stuff.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 13:49   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Good stuff going on there. I have the an RX in the same colour, you are tempting me to do some stuff.
Tempting hmmm sorry for that, wondering when can i see your rxz in flesh ! your chamber is lovely.

Yesterday was able to rev the bike till 8.7k rpm approx in 3rd gear, got hold of the uni's yesterday had to retune the carb half turn richer. i agree that uni's makes lot of difference. got a pair of new shocks too (stock).

I am sick nowadays people ask "its 5 speed aah sir" i simply nod my head telling ya ya it is and move on.
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 08:06   #214
BHPian

We can catch up sometime. I need to start a new thread for the RXZ semi cafe.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:11   #215

Excellent work on the RX Pradeep. Congratz. I especially like the round speedo meter, I think it looks way better than the normal ones.

I also own a RX135, but I'm totally new to bikes, was wondering if you could help me out a bit. Have alot of doubts and questions.
NoMan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 15:49   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMan47 View Post
Excellent work on the RX Pradeep. Congratz. I especially like the round speedo meter, I think it looks way better than the normal ones.

I also own a RX135, but I'm totally new to bikes, was wondering if you could help me out a bit. Have alot of doubts and questions.
Thanks that round speedo is replaced with rxz meters which comes with speedo and tachometer, feel free to ask anything.

Last edited by praJEEP : 24th February 2009 at 15:51.
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:31   #217
BHPian

As i write this the bike is getting an RTR disc set up planning to change the front wheel size to 17 and plonk R15 tyres and avenger rims, guyz i need inputs suggestions pros and cons from your side, i have very less time to finallize please reply asap.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:37   #218
BHPian

Bump anyone ^^waiting for your replies on the last post.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:32   #219
BHPian

@Prajeep -- excellent choice with going ahead with RTR front disc setup.

i too have the same plans, have all the stuff with me including the tyres, but not getting time to do the upgrade.

The ride quality and control will improve drastically is what i feel and have seen.

R15 tyres not sure is avaiable through open markets.

Why Avenger rims, you can go for F2 rims instead.

Last edited by invincible7 : 5th March 2009 at 12:33.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 12:53   #220
Senior - BHPian

Well Pradeep I have a rotting RX 135 5-speed at home. Guess its time to start restoring it and yes this thread has been my inspiration.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 18:49   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
@Prajeep -- excellent choice with going ahead with RTR front disc setup.

R15 tyres not sure is avaiable through open markets.

Why Avenger rims, you can go for F2 rims instead.
I got the R15 tyre through the yamaha dealer for MRP 916/-

F2 rims are 18 i need a 17 inch set up in front so i chose the avenger rim the build quality of the rim is quite nice but it costs 816/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well Pradeep I have a rotting RX 135 5-speed at home. Guess its time to start restoring it and yes this thread has been my inspiration.
Thanks ..

So when does the show begin.
Old 5th March 2009, 19:12   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
So when does the show begin.
Pretty soon, need to sort out a few things and then am good to start. Lets see how it goes.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 12:09   #223
BHPian

The set up is almost in the completion stage the R15 tyre is looking sweet on the bike and the ambassador head lamp assembly is adding for its charm, its been delayed for lack of spares need these .

A washer which comes between the dust cap and the fork oil seal in RTR.

A bush (spacer) which provides the gap between the fork leg and disc plate.

TVS parts availability suck big time i have would have never opted for this set up if i would have known the downside of it, any how contacted krishnamurthy yesterday and placed the order he has promised me he will get these spares by monday. if any body willing to do this set up kindly procure spares before dismantling the bike, TVS spares network sucks big time
Old 7th March 2009, 14:02   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
This is how the custom made filter looks.

pradeep, what is that plastic thing in between the foam filter and the carb? why is it there? why cant u fix it straight onto the carb mouth? does the filter touch the rear mudguard? i feel so.. coz it has more lenth than the UNIs. how did you fix the battery? used the strap or made a custom clamp?

I have an atul_astro filter with me too still havent installed it on my bike coz i was in bangy for somedays.. will have to work on that now..
aruncheloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 21:07   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
pradeep, what is that plastic thing in between the foam filter and the carb? why is it there? why cant u fix it straight onto the carb mouth? does the filter touch the rear mudguard? i feel so.. coz it has more lenth than the UNIs. how did you fix the battery? used the strap or made a custom clamp?
First of all too many question marks ? ?

The set up is completely different now the atul astro filter is replaced with the UNI's, now i have used a 1 inch pvc pipe mounted to the rubber. will post a snap soon to clear your doubts.the filter was not touching the rear mudgaurd.

I am not using any battery nowadays dont know why i have started to hate them the bike has a good rr current the indicators run on the same. i don't have any plans of installing a battery.