Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th May 2008, 17:14   #106
BHPian

There is a small problem in the bike ? i had been to sarjapur on sunday the route i took is the inner ring road via marathalli, to and fro i was maintaining a steady speed of 60/70km while coming back near hebbal lake the bike stalled as if it is out of fuel and came to halt . i started the bike and observed no problems at all. everthing was fine the engine was running smooth as it was earlier.

My doubts :

Did the bike came to an hault ( over heating ) coz i was running continously non stop from sarjapur without any stop or breaks.

When we ride the bike on the highway should we add 2T in the petrol directly ? if yes how does this procedure help ?

This problem is quite new to me as i am used to 4stroke bikes a lot.
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 19:18   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
When we ride the bike on the highway should we add 2T in the petrol directly ? if yes how does this procedure help ?
Did the bike stop all of a sudden or did it lose pickup and then stalled gradually? Did it get heated more than normal? Check the oil delivery from the pump. Is it even? I just suspect some dirt in the fuel lines.

I have ridden 85+kms without stop. So that shouldnt be an issue. Adding a little 2T in the tank doesnt hurt. About 20-30 ml for a litre of petrol should be ok. Will give a smoother ride and keep the tank from rusting, but expect more smoke.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 11:30   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Yes true. But till he starts modifying the engine and take it outside the stock operating RPM and powerband range there's no real need for an advanced digital cdi.

It's a necessity once the engine has been worked upon and starts going way beyond 8krpm.
makes me wonder from where people come up with theories like that

Quote:
There is a small problem in the bike ? i had been to sarjapur on sunday the route i took is the inner ring road via marathalli, to and fro i was maintaining a steady speed of 60/70km while coming back near hebbal lake the bike stalled as if it is out of fuel and came to halt . i started the bike and observed no problems at all. everthing was fine the engine was running smooth as it was earlier.

My doubts :

Did the bike came to an hault ( over heating ) coz i was running continously non stop from sarjapur without any stop or breaks.

This problem is quite new to me as i am used to 4stroke bikes a lot.
If you tried starting the bike immediately and it started, then extremely funny.
Probably a the carbs need servicing. Check if the breather pipe is clogged.
Happens a lot with Karizmas. Bike starts and dies down/refuses to start.
Open tank, shut it again and it runs great.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 11:33   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Did the bike stop all of a sudden or did it lose pickup and then stalled gradually? Did it get heated more than normal? Check the oil delivery from the pump. Is it even? I just suspect some dirt in the fuel lines.

I have ridden 85+kms without stop. So that shouldnt be an issue. Adding a little 2T in the tank doesnt hurt. About 20-30 ml for a litre of petrol should be ok. Will give a smoother ride and keep the tank from rusting, but expect more smoke.
Ajo i was cruising at 60/km the bike jerked as if it was out of fuel and came to an hault. engine was not overheated. the oil pump is fine i even cross checked it. it is been set to either low or high ( midrange ) .

In highways more smoke doesn't matter it just vanishes away, wheras in city every chap will be staring at me at every signal... cursing me is this guy nuts why cant he turn off his bike

@ scary what funny do you feel, will get the carb cleaned and keep you posted.

Last edited by praJEEP : 21st May 2008 at 11:36.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:05   #110
BHPian

Carefully observe how he's cleaning the carb. Buy a basic tool kit and start to do wrenching yourself.
I refuse to believe that anyone can have a good 2 stroker untill the guy can wrench himself. Or even a good 4 stroker.

Buy a good carb cleaning spray. Never let the mechanic clean emulsion tube etc. with wire/something sharp.

Start saving up for an aftermarket ignition if you really want the bike to run nicely.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:32   #111
Senior - BHPian

How many kms did you run the bike in for after that new piston was installed?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 13:58   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Carefully observe how he's cleaning the carb. Buy a basic tool kit and start to do wrenching yourself.
I refuse to believe that anyone can have a good 2 stroker untill the guy can wrench himself. Or even a good 4 stroker.

Buy a good carb cleaning spray. Never let the mechanic clean emulsion tube etc. with wire/something sharp.

Start saving up for an aftermarket ignition if you really want the bike to run nicely.
Even i think of it doing myself, for time being i clean the airfilters and other small things myself. i will carefully observe how he cleans and do the same myself from next time. i may sound dumb may i know what is emulsion tube ? what after market ignition you are reffering to ? is it RD chenoy from rd dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
How many kms did you run the bike in for after that new piston was installed?
950kms speeds maintained 40 to 50 km/hr.
Old 21st May 2008, 23:35   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Even i think of it doing myself, for time being i clean the airfilters and other small things myself. i will carefully observe how he cleans and do the same myself from next time.
Good Job! My best wishes

Quote:
i may sound dumb may i know what is emulsion tube ?
No question is dumb. You are infact smart to come forward and ask.
First understand Emulsion.
It is a mixture of two things, petrol and air (which do not fully mix) in the carb before it is discharged and atomized.

Emulsion Tube
is the perforated, hollow, round bronze/brass coloured tube (normally). Air is introduced into the mixture through holes to help atomize it and correct excessive richness at higher engine speeds. The Emulsion Tube mixes air from the air corrector jet with fuel from the main jet, and controls the mixture from the discharge nozzle at all engine speeds that the main jet is working.

Quote:
what after market ignition you are reffering to ? is it RD chenoy from rd dreams.
Yes. The same one. The fact that there are no substitutes to this kit that I know of, makes me suggest this even more firmly.

Quote:
950kms speeds maintained 40 to 50 km/hr.
At those constant speeds all the time, the cylinder walls are only getting glazed. Nothing else. Do push the bike in small bursts of speed periodically (before settling down to a cruise again) so that piston rings exert proper force on the cylinder walls and seal up well in the process.....

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 21st May 2008 at 23:38.
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:07   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
At those constant speeds all the time, the cylinder walls are only getting glazed. Nothing else. Do push the bike in small bursts of speed periodically (before settling down to a cruise again) so that piston rings exert proper force on the cylinder walls and seal up well in the process.....

This is what i've been trying to tell you Pradeep and everybody else who buys a new bike and systematically do the run in according to the manual. And the grievous mistake is made when you take the bike to 100kmph on the 1001th kilometer.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 16:02   #115
BHPian

UPDATE:

The rear tyre has been changed back to MRF Moto D 3.00 x 18 intially had the zapper q 100/90 in mind but it was scrapping the chain cover. hence went to moto d. so no more harsh ride the ride quality is butter smooth now.

I am using Motul 800 ester synthetic 2t oil from past 400kms. nothing much to say about it. its doing its job really well for the price what i have paid for !!

just got this.

Name:  IMAGE_268.jpg
Views: 1537
Size:  20.5 KB

Just need a feedback from you guyz, has anbody used the RD chenoys CDI kit on your bike. i need a feed back from you all. waht is the overall difference between the stock one and the chenoys cdi kit ?

@scary i have a doubt after cleaning the air filter foam how much ML of 2t oil should be added on the foam.

Last edited by praJEEP : 11th June 2008 at 16:04.
Old 11th June 2008, 17:28   #116
BHPian

How much did the NGK cost ?
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 17:34   #117
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:

Just need a feedback from you guyz, has anbody used the RD chenoys CDI kit on your bike. i need a feed back from you all. waht is the overall difference between the stock one and the chenoys cdi kit ?
I have the CDI with me, will be installing it in next couple of days, then i can comment. Overall i have heard good reviews about it, and its considered to be the best thing for a 2 stroker bike. I believe there are quiet a good numbers who have installed it and rave about it, so definately it should be a good product to say the least.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 18:04   #118
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:

The rear tyre has been changed back to MRF Moto D 3.00 x 18 intially had the zapper q 100/90 in mind but it was scrapping the chain cover. hence went to moto d. so no more harsh ride the ride quality is butter smooth now.

I am using Motul 800 ester synthetic 2t oil from past 400kms. nothing much to say about it. its doing its job really well for the price what i have paid for !!

just got this.

@scary i have a doubt after cleaning the air filter foam how much ML of 2t oil should be added on the foam.
Prajeep,

Since you are from Bangalore, you may test ride my bike to see the difference, I have the RDD CDI kit along with the UNI air filter, and it does make a lot of difference.

Regards,

Srisha
srisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 20:59   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
How much did the NGK cost ?
I got it for 530/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
I have the CDI with me, will be installing it in next couple of days, then i can comment. Overall i have heard good reviews about it, and its considered to be the best thing for a 2 stroker bike. I believe there are quiet a good numbers who have installed it and rave about it, so definately it should be a good product to say the least.
Thanks invincible, please do share your reviews if possible with some pics looking forward for it very keenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
Prajeep,

Since you are from Bangalore, you may test ride my bike to see the difference, I have the RDD CDI kit along with the UNI air filter, and it does make a lot of difference.

Regards,

Srisha
Thanks shrisha, will do that you have a pm please reply back..
Old 11th June 2008, 21:06   #120
Senior - BHPian

My K&N filter is giving me a lot of problems in the rain. It sucks in the overnight moisture when I start the bike and then I have to flush the carb before I ride it. But if I ride it in the rain continuously there is no problem. I'm going to install the stock filter assembly asap.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote