Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 15th April 2008, 12:18   #1
BHPian

Default Kinetic Flyte experience :first Service report(now 10000 Kms in Odo) !

@Mod: Please move this to a different Topic if i had created in a wrong place

First let me go with the requirement that I had and the reason for buying Flyte:

Iím living in northern part of Chennai (Madhavaram) and I need to travel to southern part of Chennai (Guindy) daily to my work place. This is almost 25 KM one way! And the traffic in the route is very huge (Anna Nagar, Koimpedu Vadpalani, Ashok Nagar, Kasi Theater). I have one of my friends staying very next to me, who work with me in the same office.
So I wanted a light gearless bike (Due to heavy traffic), with enough power to carry two of us (85 Kgs each) and enough storage space so that we can have our lunch pack inside the vehicle. I and my wife do grocery shopping weekly and wanted some space to carry them
I and my friend started looking at collecting gearless scooters available in Indian market (and this is how I started active in this forum). We short listed Honda Aviator, Honda Activa, Suzuki Access and Kinetic Flyte.
We called up D.V Motors (Ambattur) Ė Kinetic, Swapna Enterprises (Anna Nagar) Ė Access and JSP Honda (Anna Nagar) Ė Activa / Aviator to bringing us a vehicle for test drive.
Kinetic dealer was quick he brought the vehicle to our office on the same day; I and three of our friends did a test drive. Other than then smoothness of the engine we all very satisfied with Flyte with all its goodies, As I opted for a black vehicle, he said that he can deliver the vehicle within two days (with registration) if we can pay in full . Other dealers called us to their showroom for a taking a test drive, so I and my friend went to Honda first, the reception from the dealer was not good, we test drove Activa & Aviator. We were OK with the response and the engine but had limited option on carrying luggages. So we went to Suzuki dealer and asked for a test drive, he said he didnít have a vehicle for test drive and showed us a vehicle which was parked out the show room (Owner had come for Servicing) and told that the deliver would take 90 Days for delivery.
Then we both sat on internet for a complete day and narrowed down to Flyte & Access. After going to different reviews we finally chose Flyte (including TBHP review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...sym-flyte.html).
Then finally the luggage space, front mounted tank and small hooks for carrying luggage made us to choose Flyte. (other aspects Access & Flyte looked similar to me)

Now comes the buying Story:

On 7th March we paid Rs 42,500/- and booked a black color Flyte and the dealer promised to deliver us on 10th Monday with registration done (I also insisted on 10th as 11th March was my sonís birthday.). On my 8th March my wife wanted to see the bike before buying, so I called the dealer and he promptly brought the vehicle to our home (should be 18KMS drive for him) and took it back. When I followed up on Monday for the vehicle to my surprise it was not sent for registration and not ready for deliver. After speaking to the manager he promised to deliver the vehicle with registration (by sending the vehicle for registration in the morning). Then finally we received the vehicle in the evening of 12th March (it was delivered at our home) without registration number (but had gone to Register office in the morning).
I, my wife and my son went for a long drive & shopping and came back after driving 150KM in that day alone (without registration). Then next day got the number and did number platting. When I took the vehicle to office for the first time I hit a speed break very badly (it was purely my miss judgment!) and then I started to drive carefully.
Recently gave the vehicle for my first service when the odo showed 540KMS reading. It was found that the left indicator light has fused! After the first service vehicle seems to be soother than before and didnít get a chance of measuring the mileage that I get. Hope to update those very soon.

Experience:

Good :
I didnít not have any major issues (though it is a very short duration to comment but still). The vehicle is running smoothly and the vibrations while doing 40-50KMPH amost nill. When I tested full tank to full tank filling I found that Iím getting 40-42KMPL. I fill petrol strictly from Shell only (though it is Rs.58.80 per liter) due to not so good experience in other petrol bunks!
The luggage compartment carries two lunch boxes, one water bottle, vehicle document and tools kit with ease (these are daily things that I carry).
Accompanies

Not-So-Good:
Had to visit petrol bunk very often, as the fuel tank capacity is less (my daily running distance is ~50KMS).
Left indicator light was fused and replaced during y first service.

Over-all Experience:
Though I own TVS Scooty , Suzuki Samurai and Pulzar (my friends) (I also own Ford Ikon 1.6). Iím happy about the ride and the luggage space that I get to do normal traveling. I enjoy every bit of the riding. I had recommended and will recommend to others who are looking forward to buy a non-geared scooter.
Iím one happy customer of Kinetic Flyte.
I would post some photos very soon
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 12:36   #2
BHPian

Default thanks

thanks for the detailed experience with flyte
i have also had a good experience with it
i was one of the first buyers & am satisfied..

couple of things i noted from yr review is that yr flyte is giving good mileage esp since the load on it is quite high - 85+85kg = 170 kg!
i drive mostly single seat, weigh 52 kg (i am female)
and getting above 50 now
second thing i noted is that your running is quite a lot. 50 km a day.

for such high use do take good care, service it on time etc.

Pl dont mind if i have said something wrong in this. actually i am just a young student, & that too a girl.. but my family has been owning scooters for long, (and the flyte is all mine! i just cant do without it) so am rather interested in this..

if u have a good helmet to recommend i would appreciate it. actually i hate helmets but everyone is insisting on it.
archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 13:02   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie View Post
thanks for the detailed experience with flyte
i have also had a good experience with it
i was one of the first buyers & am satisfied..

couple of things i noted from yr review is that yr flyte is giving good mileage esp since the load on it is quite high - 85+85kg = 170 kg!
i drive mostly single seat, weigh 52 kg (i am female)
and getting above 50 now
second thing i noted is that your running is quite a lot. 50 km a day.

for such high use do take good care, service it on time etc.

Pl dont mind if i have said something wrong in this. actually i am just a young student, & that too a girl.. but my family has been owning scooters for long, (and the flyte is all mine! i just cant do without it) so am rather interested in this..

if u have a good helmet to recommend i would appreciate it. actually i hate helmets but everyone is insisting on it.
@archie: thanks for you concern. I and My friend (both) wear helmet during our travel.

@mod: can you edit the title it should read as 750KMS and not 7500KMS. Sorry for the mistake.
Old 15th April 2008, 17:41   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie View Post
@archie ... I miss interepted your statement. any helmet with ISI mark would do. My wife has helmet which comes without jaw cover.
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:45   #5
BHPian

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
@mod: can you edit the title it should read as 750KMS and not 7500KMS. Sorry for the mistake.
thanks for the report.
7500 kms is quite a lot you have run already! wow.

we have done about 1800 kms and so far all good. no issues to report which is good.

i also found the kinetic dealers to be very helpful, courteous at time of sale & service. willing to go out of their way.

have heard that the newer flytes have better marking of fuel indicators.

cheers
brianbandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 14:30   #6
BHPian

Good to hear that they are changing the fuel indicators ! I'm not relying on the gaget any more. I fill-up petrol once it comes half-way. this way i happen to fill every 2 days :-(
Old 20th June 2008, 17:31   #7
BHPian

How is your experience with the Flyte now, mail4loys? Where did you buy it from?
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 17:46   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats for the new Bike, thats a nice review.

Quote:
Then finally we received the vehicle in the evening of 12th March (it was delivered at our home) without registration number (but had gone to Register office in the morning).
I, my wife and my son went for a long drive & shopping and came back after driving 150KM in that day alone
I know I am late but riding with 3 people that too on a new vehicle that too for 150 kms in a day is not the right thing to do.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 16:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
How is your experience with the Flyte now, mail4loys? Where did you buy it from?
Other than the mileage (it now giving somwhere between 35-40KMPL) and idling no much issue. I travel through 100 Feet Road and very often i touch 70KMH with my friend at the back, the vehicle is very stable. It is 2500+ in the Odo.

I bought this from D.V motors - Kilpauk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats for the new Bike, thats a nice review.

I know I am late but riding with 3 people that too on a new vehicle that too for 150 kms in a day is not the right thing to do.
Yup i agree . My 1 year old son was very excited to ride bike after all this days travelling in Car!!
Old 27th June 2008, 09:28   #10

Hi, For the last couple of months I have been trying to finalise a scooterete for my wife. After useful inputs from the forum, I zeroed on Flyte and visited Easwari motors at Adyar. I was turned down by their responsiveness! Various reports on the problems faced and low FE also made me hesitate. Then I thought of Access and approached the dealers. Most dealers specify delivery period of 3 to 4 months. One new dealer in the suburb offered some colours avilable immediately. On road price is about 48000. I will have to decide something quick.
You have mentioned a dealer for Flyte in Kilpauk. Is he an authorised dealer? I thought only Eswari is the delaer in city. How is your experience with the delaer and did he give any discount?
vivek_lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 11:42   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lo View Post
Hi, For the last couple of months I have been trying to finalise a scooterete for my wife. After useful inputs from the forum, I zeroed on Flyte and visited Easwari motors at Adyar. I was turned down by their responsiveness! Various reports on the problems faced and low FE also made me hesitate. Then I thought of Access and approached the dealers. Most dealers specify delivery period of 3 to 4 months. One new dealer in the suburb offered some colours avilable immediately. On road price is about 48000. I will have to decide something quick.
You have mentioned a dealer for Flyte in Kilpauk. Is he an authorised dealer? I thought only Eswari is the delaer in city. How is your experience with the delaer and did he give any discount?
The dealer from whom i have bought was D.V Motor and he is also an authorised dealer (there are actually two dealers).

The buying experience was good and they were quick in arranging TD and couple of time when i requested they brought the vehicle to my house. But initially they promised me to give indicator buzzer, crash guard and mate for Rs.500/-. But they had not done it till now (Rs.500/- is still with them).

I'm getting a mileage of 30-35KMPL mostly due to the way i drive(it is alway doubles)and it is gone for 2nd service now odo at 2700. Indicator light failed once and now the headling has failed.

The vehicle is very good and i love to ride it and that ends when i give it for service.

Kinetic Service is not good and need to improve!

PM if you need more information on D.V motors and contacts for getting a test drive.
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:16   #12
BHPian

Default 3rd Service - 3600KM odo

Completed my 3rd free service. The mileage has improved much, now i'm getting somewhere between 40-42KMPL.

Issues that appeared between 2nd service to 3rd:

* Idling was an issue and it would switch off, irrespective of how higher the idling was set.
* Mileage 25KMPL-30KMPL
* Knocking while move from stand still

Items Changed during 3rd Service

* Oil Seal (Free covered under warranty)
* Engine oil
* Clutch rubber seal (i dont know what that suppose to be)

total bill to pay Rs.194/-

New things added:

* Bumper & crash gaurd
* Mat
* Indicator Peep

The above 3 costed Rs. 999/-

Post 3rd service:

* Mileage has improved, now getting (between 40-42KMPL). Mileage after 2nd service was pathetic, i was only getting 25KMPL-30KMPL
* Vehicle is smooth! at time reach 70KMPH without major issues

The tank capacity (4-and-a-half liter) is becoming a problem due to the recent crisis on fuel availablility. Event if i do a full tank for my vehicle i have to go to the petrol bunk every third day!!!

Other than fuel tank capacity i enjoying riding the vehile.
Old 1st November 2008, 21:00   #13

After lot of deliberation, I settled down for Suzuki Access. I purchased it last week. It costs 50K on road. Bumper, indicator, addl floor mat extra accessories. First impression: Looks and feels good, stable. Pick up is nice. Seems a bit noisy.
vivek_lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 08:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

@vivek

hey, did you book access or you got it delivered the same day u paid the amount?
its because my parents booked it in sept last week and they were quoted of waiting period of around 6 months.

Can you also let me know how much the accessories cost you?

Thanks
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
@vivek

hey, did you book access or you got it delivered the same day u paid the amount?
its because my parents booked it in sept last week and they were quoted of waiting period of around 6 months.

Can you also let me know how much the accessories cost you?

Thanks
6 months is the waiting time quoted by dealers in chennai too. The reason they say is that they have to get the vehicle from factory after getting an order and demand is more !!