Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd August 2008, 21:22   #16
BHPian

Sankar,
If I understand you correct, then, the profile of this tyre is quite tall compared to 19" nylogrip, so that the outer diameter measures the same when the bike stands? And the ride quality would be less harsher due to existance of more rubber.
Which 18" rim do you suggest to go along with this tyre?
susan3004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:56   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes you're correct. There are only benefits if you go for this tyre & wheel size combo. Only side effects would be that you might lose a little less on FE as the tyre is wider and heavier. Let me tell you that i never had a single puncture on this tube i have on the Bullet. It's the same tube i got when i bought Moto C and now using it with Moto D. MRF dealer suggested that i don't need to change the tube. It's been almost two years without a puncture

You can go for a CBZ rear rim or old Pulsar rear rim.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 14:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
If you're willing to convert to 18" then go for MRF Moto C 4.25x18 the tyre you see in my album. I suggested this tyre to a friend who went for the Raid and his feedback was positive.

My MotoC has worn out so now i'm using a Moto D 4.25x18 at the rear.

And if you're thinking that an 18" would lower your bike then it's not the case with 4.25x18 Moto C because the overall dia of the wheel is as same as the 19" 3.5 tyre.

And for the front may i suggest you the Ceat Secura Sport. It's very good on bad/non existent roads.
Hi,
The dia of 18 inch is nearly equal to that of 19 inch. But Moto C have round profile or square profile just like 3.50? Meteor got lovely thread but it may lead to higher rolling resistance. How about duro tire availability in chennai?
vijaycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 21:53   #19
TDC
BHPian

Default 120/80 18 tyre for Bullet?

I'm thinking of an 18" rim for my rear tyre on my bullet. Does anyone know if the 120/80 18 tyre will fit the bullet without any modification to the swing arm?
Anyone done it to confirm for sure?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th September 2009 at 23:01. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, similar thread exist. Please continue here, Thanks
TDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 14:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC View Post
I'm thinking of an 18" rim for my rear tyre on my bullet. Does anyone know if the 120/80 18 tyre will fit the bullet without any modification to the swing arm?
Anyone done it to confirm for sure?

Thanks in advance.
@ Hey TDC - Try having a look at this thread. It did have alot of discussion on the 18" rims which might be helpful to you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-machismo.html (Reducing the height of Machismo)
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote