Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 25th November 2008, 21:56   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post

3) Paint the front mudguard white (like the rest of the bike) , should've done that when you were painting the rest of the bike. Sandblast/ buff front forks and/or both brake drums/ wheel hubs . Reason being the whole front end is black and monotonous with no break in colour and hence nothing catches your eye except for the front mudguard. While at it , a second hand Pulsar front end with a disc brake would do wonders to this build as well .

4) You could also sandblast the chrome off your headlight and the ears that hold them and paint them in the same tone of white that was with the rest of the bike. Other options are a yezdi dome which i think is plastic and using after market aluminium ears. Look pretty neat as well. The basic point would be to keep the main flow of colour at all the right places.

with 2strokejunkie... Waiting for the RD Cafe Racer
vinzrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 22:12   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

V12, the RX looks really nice. I particularly like the color combo on the front drums and rims.

if I were you I would lose the stickers, they look kiddish.
get a round RVM that matches the round headlight.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 22:42   #213
BHPian

Great job and a mission well accomplished

BTW, howz does the RX ride ?
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 01:37   #214
BHPian

Thumbs up

Woow V12 thats a Project very well done... I have to agree with 2StrokeJunkie regarding the front mud guard, white would suite the bike much better... How does the ride feel?

cheers:
YamahaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 10:52   #215
BHPian

Very nice bikes there you got.

Am also in the process of building a streetable cafe/track RXZ.... its almost complete, will post up sometime.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 15:54   #216
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mpower, Shakensoul, crazydiablo, 2StrokeJunkie, YamahaBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
V12, the RX looks really nice. I particularly like the color combo on the front drums and rims.

if I were you I would lose the stickers, they look kiddish.
get a round RVM that matches the round headlight.
Which stickers?! The Gabriel ones? or the engine ones? Will try putting on round RVM and see how they suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Great job and a mission well accomplished

BTW, howz does the RX ride ?
The RX rides well. As most cafe racers, most of your weight is on your palms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaBoy View Post
Woow V12 thats a Project very well done... I have to agree with 2StrokeJunkie regarding the front mud guard, white would suite the bike much better... How does the ride feel?

cheers:
Didn't choose white for the mudguard, since we thought it'd be a complete wash-out of white and would look boring and ugly. I've seen a white RX100 in my area with a white mudguard and it looks too dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Very nice bikes there you got.

Am also in the process of building a streetable cafe/track RXZ.... its almost complete, will post up sometime.
Thanks crazydiablo, Awaiting those pics.

Quote:
Nice work there guys . I have a few suggestions . Hope u dont get offended since this is your money and your blood , sweat and tears . Here they are anyway :

1) Powder Coat your Proton black including ur bend pipe. Really stands out like a sore thumb right now. You could also look into getting ur barrels ported and building a custom chamber for it powder coated in Bangalore. Dont think it would cost more than around 3k @ most of the good workshops.
Thinking of giving it a coat of paint. The bend pipe shall remain chrome. Proton seems fine for the moment. Will try upjetting and an open air filter later.

Quote:
2) Use better quality rearsets which are chrome / metallic in finish. I would suggest picking up Yoshimura Brand rear sets , available in plenty in the far east. You will find them with anybody who sells any sort of imported parts / accessories and someone who gets parts from Bangkok etc. They look fantastic , are very functional and are pretty cheap too. Basically right now in the pictures you can hardly even notice that you have rearsets and they don't stand out or look good either.
I actually considered picking up another bikes rearsets, particularly the R15. But only if I couldn't make my own rearsets. I've perfected the gear rearsets and they work very very well. The brake rearsets are a little tricky though.

Quote:
4) You could also sandblast the chrome off your headlight and the ears that hold them and paint them in the same tone of white that was with the rest of the bike. Other options are a yezdi dome which i think is plastic and using after market aluminium ears. Look pretty neat as well. The basic point would be to keep the main flow of colour at all the right places.
We bought a chrome headlight for exactly one reason, its chrome. Didn't want everything to have paint on it. A little detailed chrome does look good.

Quote:
5) How about doing away with the front indicators ? or finding another place for them like where the reflectors are under your tank are right now ? you could also keep just one horn and install it on the chassis downtubes right behind and under the headlight , so it is hidden from view. That is where the stock horns are installed i believe . Also why only a left RVM and no right or only Right RVM ?
The front indicators are placed below the tank itself na. Will try relocating the horns though. Left RVM?! Same as the Enfield Cafe Racer.

Quote:
I love your seat ( how comfortable is it ? ) . Love the simplicity of the front console (any plans of adding an RXZ tachometer ? ) . I also love the way you have kept the stock decals and merged the shapes of the tank with the side panels and the side panels with the cowl. I think the cowl and the seat are the best parts of the bike ( anyway you could camoflage those 2 screws on your cowl ? ) . The rear indicators look neat as does the cutout for the brake light ( the underside of the latter needs to be covered , guess ur number plate will do that )
No plans on adding a RXZ tachometer. Yup, the number plate will hide the underside.

Quote:
ps: You need to replace the red cafe-d Bullet with a Cafe-d RD350
Yup, would love to make an RD350 cafe racer. A friend of mine is interested in doing it. We'll see what works out. Right now, I've spent enough on the RX. If I ever sell it, the next project will probably be a RD350.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 22:48   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post

Which stickers?! The Gabriel ones? or the engine ones? Will try putting on round RVM and see how they suit.
the gabriel and the proton. The engine one is painted right? The exhaust should be all black

Also I think it would be better to remove the chrome cap on the rear shock so that only the spring is seen. You can photoshop it and see if you like it.

Last edited by Mpower : 26th November 2008 at 22:50.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 17:17   #218
Senior - BHPian

The Proton doesn't have a sticker. Its a plate on the silencer, would like to keep it since it'd look like a local silencer otherwise. The engine ones have stock Yamaha and YEIS stickers. Giving the proton a coat of black and getting the bottle buffed.

Had planned to remove the chrome shock caps, thought it'd have looked good if the springs were chrome. Will give it a try though.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 00:58   #219
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, the RD350 would be the next project. But I caant afford to keep and maintain 3 bikes. So the RX Cafe Racer will have to go incase I get a good RD.

And considering the amount we've spent on the RX, its definitely not gonna go cheap.

Anyways heres are some behind the scene pics of the stage between 26th June and now

My Yamaha RX100 Cafe Racer modification thread! Dec 09 - back to stock!-11.jpg

The bike as it was originally purchased.
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 11562
Size:  67.2 KB

"Clubman" handleabars fitted for measurements.
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 11673
Size:  62.5 KB

Khalil-bhai and his guy working on the elongated tank. His job is the best.
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 14744
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 11553
Size:  92.1 KB

Both the Enfields were used extensively to ensure that the RX was ready in time.
Name:  13.jpg
Views: 11952
Size:  59.7 KB

The bike with the "Clubman" handlebar, shortened seatbase and elongated tank.
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 19148
Size:  72.6 KB

The bike fitted with a temporary seat.
Name:  5.jpg
Views: 11668
Size:  59.0 KB

Imran (Andheri East) working on the seat. He's one of the best guys for the job
Name:  6.jpg
Views: 11287
Size:  52.1 KB

Meanwhile the rest of the bike is assembled. The bike was assembled at 3 different places. The engine, wheels were assembled at one place, electricals at another and body parts at another. All 3 mechanics were complaining that it would have been easier and faster had all the work been done by one guy. Have to agree 100% with him.
Name:  14.jpg
Views: 10963
Size:  54.9 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 12229
Size:  55.8 KB

While the other parts are sent for painting
Name:  8.jpg
Views: 10659
Size:  53.7 KB

The bike getting assembled.
Name:  9.jpg
Views: 19512
Size:  47.5 KB

Cafe Racer Part 2 completed...not yet!!! Silencer, brakes and Registration still pending.
Name:  10.jpg
Views: 37638
Size:  65.4 KB

The disastrous first photoshoot. We wait for a mechanic to come and take our bike.
Name:  17.jpg
Views: 12967
Size:  58.1 KB

And then we watch as a mechanic takes our bike away.
Name:  16.jpg
Views: 10538
Size:  51.8 KB

The bike being towed from Bandra to Santacruz.
Name:  15.jpg
Views: 10357
Size:  36.2 KB

Last edited by v12 : 30th November 2008 at 01:13.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 09:07   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Lookin at the before and after photographs i have to say Awesome!
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 10:05   #221
BHPian

This photo feature was very nice. People seldom realize the effort that goes into a build like this.

Better to keep this bike man, you will never find a buyer for the efforts you have put in. Bikes like these are keepers.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 14:48   #222
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

You have a point there crazydiablo, but lets see how it goes.

Anyways here's the other seat. Its not yet ready so looks a bit wierd and empty from behind.
Attached Images

v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 10:12   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Although the brakes and number plates are not yet ready here are the latest pics of the bike :
Awesome effort there V12.

How does the longer tank affect your handling?

Bike looks terrific.
the_trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 10:11   #224
BHPian

Can you drop me the seat mechanic's number ?
vikrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 15:00   #225
BHPian

I am not that active from quite some time now (thanks to my odd job timings), any way was very much impressed. The kind of hard work, effort, time is very much appreciable. One has to realize that the kind of talent is amazing, any way the point is that the hard work has paid off and you deserve a lot of respect and applauding for it.
ArmourOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote