Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 30th May 2008, 12:45   #16
BHPian

Thumbs up

Best thing is a pair of FASTRACK almost clear lens, with a light tinge of brown in them. I use one myself & they're one of the best I have seen so far. The price too is not high it costed me about Rs. 900 - 1000/=

CHEERS,
G D
P180V1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to change my lenses and I'm having short sight and I use both bike & car at night.

Any cost effective recommendation for me ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 12:16   #18
BHPian

even i have been looking for one for sometime now, i understand after searching the net ,amber lens is effective in reducing UV / glare,however they are not prescribed as night driving lens and maybe be useful only in lit roads and not advisable for dark /highway runs .There is not much of style options also available .

more info is welcome
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 19:47   #19
BHPian

i wear cheap safety glasses. they are clear. they are sold(at least in the usa) at hardware stores/home improvement stores. they are used for when you use power tools to saw wood etc.
about us$6 in usa. i bought them on chowringy road in kolkata so i know they are available in india. they are more protective than sunglasses as they hug your eye sockets to keep out the dust.
on my helmet i use a clear visor.
i DO ride with the visor/'mouthguard' portion up during the day. the worst effects are that the helmet then becomes a scoop for leaves and bugs which always seem to crawl into my ear requiring me to stop sometimes to get it out before i go crazy!
mitchontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 09:48   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
T

The problem with the helmet visor it gets scratched frequently. Also, I feel suffocated with the visor closed.

Valuable suggestion--
if you value your life dear brother, please wear a helmet(and not glasses, they aren't even substitutes) and strap it while riding, nothing comes close,
and no neither will the visor get scratched in day to day use and nor will you feel suffocated and on a signal you can always flip your visor up,

i am appalled to see no one even suggesting a helmet, may be except one or two guys,

visors can be changed every 3-6 months depending on brand and usage,

a note to others too-- even if you go grocery shopping on puny scoots please make sure you are wearing your helmet and it is strapped,

life never gives a second chance
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 15:05   #21
BHPian

i always wear a helmet and assume all here would too. but...
it only takes a short time to get used to it. then you feel naked/vulnerable without one.
blue pulsar, i tried yellow tinted and blue tinted and notice no big difference in clear ones. and, they still have a glare at night form oncoming vehicles. but not as bad as the visor on my helmet. maybe due to the curve?
if on my trips through india, if i am forced to drive at night i will just pull over and wait if a long line of vehicles are coming at me. i cant see a thing thru my visor. like looking at the sun!
i know this doesnt make sense to you guys who drive every night home from work and out at night. but, on the highway with whoknowswhat in front of you, i find it a safer alternative.
my 2 cents
mitchontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 15:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
...i can tell you that the helmet with a visor is the only option. when it gets scratched, you change the visor. not using a helmet because you *feel* suffocated is a very bad idea...

Best post on the thread.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 16:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Best thing is a pair of FASTRACK almost clear lens, with a light tinge of brown in them. I use one myself & they're one of the best I have seen so far. The price too is not high it costed me about Rs. 900 - 1000/=

CHEERS,
G D
Fast track is all bling. Have never seen one single model with quality lenses.

Move on, as Fast track rightly claims. My apologies if I sound offensive but that is not my intent and I just want you to wear good lenses.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 13:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Valuable suggestion--
if you value your life dear brother, please wear a helmet(and not glasses, they aren't even substitutes) and strap it while riding, nothing comes close,
and no neither will the visor get scratched in day to day use and nor will you feel suffocated and on a signal you can always flip your visor up,

i am appalled to see no one even suggesting a helmet, may be except one or two guys,

visors can be changed every 3-6 months depending on brand and usage,

a note to others too-- even if you go grocery shopping on puny scoots please make sure you are wearing your helmet and it is strapped,

life never gives a second chance
You are absolutely right. But, you misunderstood me. I said that I want to wear spectacles with a helmet, with the visor up, strapped.
blue_pulsar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 16:19   #25
BHPian

Default Re: Spectacles/Glasses for night riding

Waking up old thread.

Received Night Driving Glasses from EBay (Rs. 275/-) today. They have White & Yellow variants and I choose White.

Will ask co-passenger to test it for couple of days and update.
Attached Thumbnails
Spectacles/Glasses for night riding-wp_20140410_15_42_00_pro.jpg  

Spectacles/Glasses for night riding-wp_20140410_15_42_32_pro.jpg  

Spectacles/Glasses for night riding-wp_20140410_15_42_56_pro.jpg  

Spectacles/Glasses for night riding-wp_20140410_15_43_35_pro.jpg  

Spectacles/Glasses for night riding-wp_20140410_15_45_54_pro.jpg  

500ContyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 15:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Please do not get offended. That is not my intention.
This will not help you driving at night. This is very low quality made HK stuff.

There are no lenses as of date that can completely (100%) cut out the blinding lights from on coming traffic. Surface treatments on the lenses can only minimise glare and reduce the time to regain normal vision when you are blinded.

These days you get wrap around frames, almost same style made out of acetate, not plastic like the one featured above. Plastic will loose sheen, color and flex with body warmth.
Fix Drivewear lenses. These are Green (like the Mauijim HT color.) indoor and at night and turn brown when you are out in the sun. This is polarised too.

This is good for driving at dawn and dusk conditions.

I have fixed these on my Okaleys fuell cell
beejay is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 17:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Please do not get offended. That is not my intention.
This will not help you driving at night. This is very low quality made HK stuff.
Thanks beejay. I understand it.

Since it was costing very less, wanted to try it out.

As you mentioned, YES, it does not really help.
500ContyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 15:09   #28
BHPian

BHPians - Any suggestions for a good quality Night driving glasses ?
sbala is offline   Reply With Quote