Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 19:15   #16
BHPian
 
nawabnabeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 194
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Powdercoating does not require any heating of the surface. It is just a direct spray. So far, I have not faced any problems regarding engine heating. I have gone for long rides many times (400 km in a day at 110 kmph) and never faced any excess engine heating problem. Once after riding for 150 km continuously at 110 kmph, I checked the heat of the engine and compared with a P220, which has very much hot engine then mine.

My bike is running absolutely fine.

what device did you use to measure the temperature of the two bikes?
nawabnabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 19:49   #17
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
what device did you use to measure the temperature of the two bikes?
Did I say "I measured temperature?" I think I have enough sense to check the intensity of the heat by keeping my hand near the engine.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 20:03   #18
BHPian
 
nawabnabeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 194
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Did I say "I measured temperature?" I think I have enough sense to check the intensity of the heat by keeping my hand near the engine.
what are your hands made of. i dont think that after riding the bike for 150kms @ 110kmph you can compare the intensity of the heat generated by your hands.
nawabnabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 00:21   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Powdercoating does not require any heating of the surface. It is just a direct spray.
Ravi - I don't know how aware you are of the Powder coating process but that information is incorrect. In Powder coating after the powder has been applied to the product it is baked in a closed oven at up to 240 degrees Celsius (exact depends on metal of the product) to bake the powder on to the surface. This ensures a good finish & proper bonding of the powder on to the surface of the product.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 00:34   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,507 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ravi - I don't know how aware you are of the Powder coating process but that information is incorrect. In Powder coating after the powder has been applied to the product it is baked in a closed oven at up to 240 degrees Celsius (exact depends on metal of the product) to bake the powder on to the surface. This ensures a good finish & proper bonding of the powder on to the surface of the product.
Yes. It has to be heated.

If it wasn't heated then it wasn't powder coating which was done on your bike.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 17:31   #21
BHPian
 
ravi@64bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 602
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

The person who did the work on my bike's engine, he did not heat. He just sprayed the paint directly on to the engine and left it for 5-10 min. May be, this is not powdercoating. Pardon my poor knowledge.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 6th June 2008 at 17:32.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 21:20   #22
BHPian
 
gendarmee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: India
Posts: 731
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
The person who did the work on my bike's engine, he did not heat. He just sprayed the paint directly on to the engine and left it for 5-10 min. May be, this is not powdercoating. Pardon my poor knowledge.
Where did u get it done?
King kothi?
gendarmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 21:11   #23
BHPian
 
sidd_city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Goa-London
Posts: 138
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
No dismantling of the engine. Just spraying directly on the engine.

here is a photograph
Thanks for your reply but dude I don't think what you did was powder coat it was just a spray paint. But bike looks cool with the cowl even I got one on my yellow ZMA.
sidd_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 14:11   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 203 Times
Default

I also want to paint my engine block matte black. Any specific brand to go for? I dread chipping due to the heat factor.
abhijeet080808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Paint Work On Pulsar 150 mithun Motorbikes 9 13th May 2015 11:59
Custom Paint Job For A Black Scorpio DHABHAR.BEHRAM Modifications & Accessories 172 5th December 2009 15:44
paint over paint DRC Technical Stuff 33 25th August 2006 12:05
What a paint job..S2000 with Clear Paint.. _Crazi4Speed_ The International Automotive Scene 6 20th September 2004 23:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks