Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd July 2008, 16:24   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
I think there has been some confusion.

i usually let the bull warm up and start my drive to office.

Normally i am driving around 80+ and sometimes if i feel the urge and find an open stretch,i cross 100.

but still after 15-20 mins of driving,i feel the engine is hot.

Now as per your comments,i will change the head gasket and get the spark plugs checked and lets see how it goes.

Thanks all for their inputs
Driving at 80+ on Noida raods is suicidal and since you ride it for just 15-20 mins i dont think that you use the DND flyway for ur 80+ stretch since it takes atleast 15 mins to reach DND no matter where ever u stay in Noida!!
Dude drive safe
nickoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 18:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey deep, mate get those solid brass badges( http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com...larges0137.jpg) from Hitchcocks for the side boxes, they look really nice was planning to get a pair for myself but then it didn't materialize!!
Hey Nikko seems that you from Noida. actually i dont fancy these monograms but if you want them i can help you to buy them from delhi itself. same stuff but you just may need to file them a lil bit to get a amazing finish. even though the would be in a same state as the ones from Hitchcoks are.

Quote:
That 350cc barrels are being made in India... lol Indians pay through their nose in Pounds to get those back to India. Somebody should put Samrat over their lap and start spanking.
Don't spend too much money on the high volume oil pumps.. it's not worth it unless the Bull is extensively modified for more power
Hey Sankar How you doing mate. i know that the Barrels are being made in india but the question is where and how can i get one. and do i have to pay the preimium of the export stuff or just would be able to sort my self with indian prices.

and that twin plug thing is still being worked out just took out the decompressor and closed it with a small custom nut and it is too hard to start the thing without it. will need to sort out some thing with the exaust valve to get the decompresor working.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
i went to sanjay once just for oli change since the agency was closed!! Didnt find him worthy of paying...just got the engine oil changed and got the locks changed...tht fool doesnt even knw that one should buy the lock of the same series..since the battery lock is not with the after market OEM lock set!!

Rehman is decent...but dnt let Subhash touch your bike. he screwed me badly once and i had a seizure, that was the last time i went to Mahadev ppl..the uncle is every ready to rip off ur wallet and the mota also believes in drilling a hole but in a very sweet way!! I once got crank bush rebuild and had to pay the, around 4K for the same..a total rip off i must say. They dont open thier shop before 10.30-11.00 and then by 6 they wind up their stuff. Never ever leave the bike there for getting it serviced. I have witnessed it in front of my eyes..they just replaced the engine oil+ oil filter for a guy whom they had promised to deliver the bike in the evening courtesy Subhash!! I had twice complained about them to RE and only when their service engineer came they rectified the issue. Once they gave me a duplicate foot rest rubber for the price of the original i took the bill and after that..told them to remove the rubber sign it across and give it to me so that i can show the RE people! Second time there was some problem with the shocker (under warranty) and uncle was not willing to replace the spare part, i again called the RE guy and then he replaced it.
I no longer visit them, only in the case of emergencies and for minor repairs do i go there!! I have been going to ESS AAR motors at paharganj for the last 2.5 years and believe me if you go there on a working day, you'll come back satisfied although for simple servicing you can go on Saturdays but only with prior appointment.

I am just narrating my personal experience if you are satisfied with the kind of work they do please ignore what all you have read!!
Thanks for that info Nickoo, i have not been to mahadev myself as i feel the authorized RE workshops just like to rip you off in general as i had been using Lamba at tilak nagar , but will try Ess ARR this time and let you know how it was. any body in particular that i should ask for??
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 20:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

Even i have Heard very good things about ESS AAR at Jhandewalan Extn.

Just a bit far from noida but looks like it will be worth a visit.

Thanks
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 09:07   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Thanks for that info Nickoo, i have not been to mahadev myself as i feel the authorized RE workshops just like to rip you off in general as i had been using Lamba at tilak nagar , but will try Ess ARR this time and let you know how it was. any body in particular that i should ask for??
ask for Vijendar or Tau devi laal or Miyan!!!
Old 27th July 2008, 01:09   #51
BHPian

Ok guys from NCR - need help. Who is the best when it comes to classic's and vintages in Delhi. Have a 57 and a 59 model and am not comfortable giving it to just anyone for servicing. I stay in Gurgaon and dont mind a radius of 75 kms but need someone who understands SR magnetos, Amals etc.
Sheshagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2008, 10:20   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Don't spend too much money on the high volume oil pumps.. it's not worth it unless the Bull is extensively modified for more power.
Right.....but certainly more worth than going for Engine case mod to fit the newer Timing Covers , never had any problems with the stock oil pumps in the 7 bullets I have had until now. Just cut a deeper groove on the rocker for better oil flow and clean your engine cases when rebuilding your Engine. I used to make fun of Muneerda earlier but now I know how important it is to have clean Engine cases.

Ok - heres a funny story and I know people are going to pounce on me, but its true.
A couple of years back, I was riding a 1960 Bull from Bangalore to Tumkur to see a Triumph Twin. The Bull had a new piston and Bore and I guess the clearance was a little less and the engine seized mid way.

My pillion was a mechanic (No names) and he suggested adding cocunut oil to the petrol. I was very reluctant but agreed after a couple of seizures. He goes to a nearby shop and gets a bottle of parachute and pours it straignt in to my petrol tank and voila! the bike never seized after that. I hated the smell from the exhaust but the bike worked brilliantly after that. It is still running well in Florida (sold on Ebay for 3000 usd about 3 years back)

This is the whackiest thing I have ever done with the bull.
Old 27th July 2008, 12:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheshagiri View Post
A couple of years back, I was riding a 1960 Bull from Bangalore to Tumkur to see a Triumph Twin. The Bull had a new piston and Bore and I guess the clearance was a little less and the engine seized mid way.

My pillion was a mechanic (No names) and he suggested adding cocunut oil to the petrol. I was very reluctant but agreed after a couple of seizures. He goes to a nearby shop and gets a bottle of parachute and pours it straignt in to my petrol tank and voila! the bike never seized after that. I hated the smell from the exhaust but the bike worked brilliantly after that. It is still running well in Florida (sold on Ebay for 3000 usd about 3 years back)

on a lighter note i feel that down south people have coconut oil for just anything and evrything
Old 27th July 2008, 18:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
on a lighter note i feel that down south people have coconut oil for just anything and evrything
Yes, we have much more from coconut and its oil. Tender coconut, backwater fish made to curry with cocnut milk gravy and ate with boiled tappioca with scraped cocnut and chilli, or backwater fish fried in coconut oil, wraped in banana leaves with masala. Or chicken stew with thick coconut milk gravy which is ate with appam made by rice and coconut dough fermented with coconut toddy, etc
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2008, 18:37   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Yes, we have much more from coconut and its oil. Tender coconut, backwater fish made to curry with cocnut milk gravy and ate with boiled tappioca with scraped cocnut and chilli, or backwater fish fried in coconut oil, wraped in banana leaves with masala. Or chicken stew with thick coconut milk gravy which is ate with appam made by rice and coconut dough fermented with coconut toddy, etc
You made me hungry...

And oh yes we are proud of our Coconuts!
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 00:28   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right.....but certainly more worth than going for Engine case mod to fit the newer Timing Covers , never had any problems with the stock oil pumps in the 7 bullets I have had until now. Just cut a deeper groove on the rocker for better oil flow and clean your engine cases when rebuilding your Engine. I used to make fun of Muneerda earlier but now I know how important it is to have clean Engine cases.

Ok - heres a funny story and I know people are going to pounce on me, but its true.

hmm i am not surprised in punjab the mechanics do ask to use the mustrd oil durring runin. and i personally have tried it. and also 2 t oil id recomended but this is just limited to the old CI engines
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2008, 00:29   #57
BHPian

Default mechanic in Delhi-Gurgaon

Quote:
Ok guys from NCR - need help. Who is the best when it comes to classic's and vintages in Delhi. Have a 57 and a 59 model and am not comfortable giving it to just anyone for servicing. I stay in Gurgaon and dont mind a radius of 75 kms but need someone who understands SR magnetos, Amals etc.
Havent heard from anyone on this as yet, Guys plz help me on this.
Old 3rd August 2008, 14:01   #58
BHPian

Quote:
i went to sanjay once just for oli change since the agency was closed!! Didnt find him worthy of paying...just got the engine oil changed and got the locks changed...tht fool doesnt even knw that one should buy the lock of the same series..since the battery lock is not with the after market OEM lock set!!

Rehman is decent...but dnt let Subhash touch your bike. he screwed me badly once and i had a seizure, that was the last time i went to Mahadev ppl..the uncle is every ready to rip off ur wallet and the mota also believes in drilling a hole but in a very sweet way!! I once got crank bush rebuild and had to pay the, around 4K for the same..a total rip off i must say. They dont open thier shop before 10.30-11.00 and then by 6 they wind up their stuff. Never ever leave the bike there for getting it serviced. I have witnessed it in front of my eyes..they just replaced the engine oil+ oil filter for a guy whom they had promised to deliver the bike in the evening courtesy Subhash!! I had twice complained about them to RE and only when their service engineer came they rectified the issue. Once they gave me a duplicate foot rest rubber for the price of the original i took the bill and after that..told them to remove the rubber sign it across and give it to me so that i can show the RE people! Second time there was some problem with the shocker (under warranty) and uncle was not willing to replace the spare part, i again called the RE guy and then he replaced it.
I no longer visit them, only in the case of emergencies and for minor repairs do i go there!! I have been going to ESS AAR motors at paharganj for the last 2.5 years and believe me if you go there on a working day, you'll come back satisfied although for simple servicing you can go on Saturdays but only with prior appointment.

I am just narrating my personal experience if you are satisfied with the kind of work they do please ignore what all you have read!!
Nikoo, I got my Bullet 350 std from ESS AAR in 1997 and Machismo in 2007 after I sold off the first one.
I get my bike serviced from ESS AAR when ever I am in Delhi/Noida. That guy has been delivering in all these years. Somebody else had adviced me stay clear of Noida guys and rather go to Karol Bagh to the problems fixed at very reasonable rates.
susan3004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2008, 14:10   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Even i have Heard very good things about ESS AAR at Jhandewalan Extn.

Just a bit far from noida but looks like it will be worth a visit.

Thanks
Their workshop is in Chuna Mandi, Pahar Ganj.
However, I was told that they are making another state of art service centre which will have all modern amenities and it will be unparallel to any other motorblke servicing centre.
Just a caution: They donot have washing facility at Pahar Ganj. It was closed down few years back because of the anti pollution drive.
Old 3rd August 2008, 14:20   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Havent heard from anyone on this as yet, Guys plz help me on this.
Lots of old mechanics in Karol Bagh do it. I cannot name anybody as I never had a direct dealing with any of these.
Pardesi automobiles on Gurudwara road had an old mechanic earlier during the nineties...I wonder where he is now? Pardesi has got more into modification of bikes and handling foriegn clientele.
There are other shops also especially one which are dealing in vintage two wheelers only, who might have a mechanic.
I wish I was in Noida these days, I would have personally helped you searching for such mechanics.