Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 19th July 2010, 16:40   #376

Didn't the RX 135 and 135 Tiger come with engine kill switch?
turbolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 20:17   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomus123 View Post
To my best knowledge, RX100 never came with engine kill switch, though the same period Rajdoots were having engine kill switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
no, never. but you can use one from KB or RD
Guys, thanks for the info. I wanted to add an engine kill to my RX 135 but I'm reconsidering this as I don't want to meddle with the existing set up. When I spoke to my mechanic he said that KB Caliber's set up is a good option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolover View Post
Didn't the RX 135 and 135 Tiger come with engine kill switch?
Turbolover, neither RX135 nor the Tiger came with engine kill switch. I was not sure about RX100. The reply I got for my earlier posts cleared my doubt.

Thanks,
Jose.
josejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 07:32   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
I don't want to meddle with the existing set up.
Hey is it not possible to just put a switch to the CDI unit. It will stop the engine. NOt much meddling is required for that. Dont know if it has any negative aspect.
Chipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 23:37   #379
BHPian

Month/year of purchase: 1998 December 31st
Original colour: Black with Red decals
Kms done: 43500
Period of ownership: Brought brand new
Mods done if any: Loaded clutch plates, Shogun handle bars, Yezdi rear rims, Entizer rear tyres . Shogun front shox boots

Here's my black lab:
Attached Images

aa_asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 09:35   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Month/year of purchase: 1998 December 31st
Original colour: Black with Red decals
Kms done: 43500
Period of ownership: Brought brand new
Mods done if any: Loaded clutch plates, Shogun handle bars, Yezdi rear rims, Entizer rear tyres . Shogun front shox boots

Here's my black lab:
Wonderful....Got to see wonderful RXZ after so many years...I have seen all badly abused RXZ.Kudos for your efforts.However,why not keeping it stock? Why shogun handles and all ?? NOM please

But now people are slowly realising the value of RXZ because of scarcity of two strokes.
siddharthp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 09:46   #381
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Looking beautiful Asif; Yes, why not keep it in stock? Anyway, its far far better than most abused RXZ. Keep it shining & glowing everyday, 'cause the parts are very very rare, especially for RXZ.
aargee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 09:46   #382
BHPian

Nice bike Asif! Very decently modified. If I had this rxz I would simply sell off my gladiator and ride rxz more often than car.
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 10:01   #383
BHPian

my RX-135, with expansion chamber designed by BG Srinivas & barrel ported by ATUL HALDANKAR ..... plus variable timing CDI(running max advance of 18.5 degress) from RAVI NAGESH & brilliantly tuned by Mr.ANTHONY of DAM motors...( ditched the crap digital CDI which makes the bike move like a 4-joke)...

thick spark from the CDI... see for yourself ...

it goes FAST & FASTER....
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-picture-447_2.jpg  

sanjaymugur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 10:16   #384
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Hope you're running on 2.75 in the front tyre & plastic mudguard in the rear fenner instead of the standard chromed one.

If it goes faster & faster, why not opt for a disc brake?
Old 6th August 2010, 10:30   #385
BHPian

i am running 2.45*18 at the front & 3.00*18 at the rear...

both mudguard are chrome... but the rear one is powder coated....

drum is enough for me.. if you set it up right then no need of disc... i have the correct fork oil level.. correct springs & the good drum & break shoe..& correct air pressure in the tyres is also a must....... i have slammed the brakes @140 with me putting my body weight slightly towards the front & it has done exceptional well... infact in some of my group rides i brake very late than those who have discs....
sanjaymugur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 10:40   #386

Fellow RXians , anyone got a well known mechanic for my RX 100 in Chennai ?. Im looking for a sensible and reliable guy who can revamp my bike.
VinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 10:47   #387
Senior - BHPian

@Vinc - what's your requirement? There're knowledgable people out there, but no one can be trusted these days. Better learn the mechanics by yourself & its easy too.
Old 6th August 2010, 15:34   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post
Wonderful....Got to see wonderful RXZ after so many years...I have seen all badly abused RXZ.Kudos for your efforts.However,why not keeping it stock? Why shogun handles and all ?? NOM please

But now people are slowly realising the value of RXZ because of scarcity of two strokes.
Thanks alot Siddarthp. I've all the stock fittings as brand new right in my bedroom which include RXZ Engine Cowling, OEM handlebar, Pillion handle, Saree Gaurd, Crash Gaurd etc. I dont really use the bike anymore. Last one year, all I've ridden is around 300 kms. but she make sure to respond to my very first kick even if I am starting her after 3 months!
We have a good chemistry n I hope it goes on for another 20 years more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Looking beautiful Asif; Yes, why not keep it in stock? Anyway, its far far better than most abused RXZ. Keep it shining & glowing everyday, 'cause the parts are very very rare, especially for RXZ.
Hey Aargee! thanks alot man! Bike looks very much in stock condition only, and I use a stock Shogun handlbar without any cross bar welded or any funny looking paint.
I've plans to go for 18" alloys for front and back (something similar to Pulsar's alloys, its simple n sporty enough). and put 100/90 x 18 for rear wheel.. any feedback on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Nice bike Asif! Very decently modified. If I had this rxz I would simply sell off my gladiator and ride rxz more often than car.
I wish I could do that Hashim.. I wish I was still in my college too..
aa_asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 16:12   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
my RX-135, with expansion chamber designed by BG Srinivas & barrel ported by ATUL HALDANKAR ..... plus variable timing CDI(running max advance of 18.5 degress) from RAVI NAGESH & brilliantly tuned by Mr.ANTHONY of DAM motors...( ditched the crap digital CDI which makes the bike move like a 4-joke)...

thick spark from the CDI... see for yourself ...

it goes FAST & FASTER....
Your bike looks beautiful man! Congrats!

It will be better if you can share the contact details of the professionals who handled your bike's mods.
whitesquall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 16:14   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
+1 to that! The stock RXZ looks slim and sexy!
whitesquall is online now   Reply With Quote