Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 03:24   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 0 Times
Question Need specs of Pulsar alloy wheels.

If anyone has correct information on the specs/sizes of the 17" alloy wheels on the new Pulsars, then please post them here.
I couldn't find the same for a P200 in the owner's manual.

Want info on P150, P180, P200 and P220.

A friend mentioned the P180 and P200's alloy wheels are of a better make than the ones on the P150. (maybe wider too)
(His wheels got damaged in a freak accident but thankfully he is absolutely fine.)
He will be getting new wheels for his P150 soon and would love to get better ones instead.

So are the P200's wheels (especially rear) a direct fit on the P150?

Anyone who has done similar stuff or has any related information, please post your valuable comments and oblige.
BIKeINSTEIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 07:10   #2
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Yes P200 wheel is wider.
You can fit it on the P150.
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 15:19   #3
BHPian
 
invincible7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 643
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Guys could you please share the prices for the same.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 15:23   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

well the P200 has the alloys of better make than the p150/p180 and when it comes to size its definitely bigger, i dont have the tech specs but then they do put in 120mm side tyre on it right? so its bigger.

you can surely fit the rear alloy of p200 on the p150/p180 many here have done that its kind of direct fit.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 17:07   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thank you arpandiv and rider60.

I hope direct fit on the exiisting P150 rear axle kit- no need for modded spacers or some other stuff?
Or will i need to buy the P200 rear wheel axle kit/setup too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Guys could you please share the prices for the same.
I missed that- thank you invincible7.
Someone please post the prices too.
BIKeINSTEIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 17:14   #6
BHPian
 
noidaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida
Posts: 994
Thanked: 260 Times
Default

Do check also on the bike's height if it needs to be raised from the rear shockers in order to get a p200's tyre. else the tyre might touch the upper body of the bike in bumps.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 19:45   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
rider60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Posts: 1,619
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKeINSTEIN View Post
Thank you arpandiv and rider60.

I hope direct fit on the exiisting P150 rear axle kit- no need for modded spacers or some other stuff?
Or will i need to buy the P200 rear wheel axle kit/setup too?

I missed that- thank you invincible7.
Someone please post the prices too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Do check also on the bike's height if it needs to be raised from the rear shockers in order to get a p200's tyre. else the tyre might touch the upper body of the bike in bumps.
there wont be any necessity for any mods its a direct fit! at most you might have to get p200's bearings thats all they will roughly around 300 for the rear thats all.

@noidaboy the stock p150's tyre the 100/90-17 very much on this alloy so we dont need to worry about that part unless he plans to upgrade!

and on the prices part i am not too sure but it should be approximately 5000 bucks or less not more! i am guessing it based on the karizma's price and its any day less as its a bajaj so good luck with that!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 19:51   #8
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

it will be less than 3K :P
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 22:27   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Ya- Bajaj rates are very low- maybe due to the appalling quality.

Just few days back i was chilling out with a few close pals at a friend's garage when i spotted some guy's year old but messed up P180DTSi engine being worked upon.
Almost fell off my chair when i learnt the block+piston+rings cost just Rs.1600/-.
I don't think i can get a single set of piston rings for my Shogun for that much now. (used to be 1K odd earlier).

No one has the width sizes in inches/mm as we used to get with older bikes? :(

Last edited by BIKeINSTEIN : 4th July 2008 at 22:38.
BIKeINSTEIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 21:35   #10
BHPian
 
Manoj2268's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 183
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKeINSTEIN View Post
If anyone has correct information on the specs/sizes of the 17" alloy wheels on the new Pulsars, then please post them here.
I couldn't find the same for a P200 in the owner's manual.

Want info on P150, P180, P200 and P220.

A friend mentioned the P180 and P200's alloy wheels are of a better make than the ones on the P150. (maybe wider too)
(His wheels got damaged in a freak accident but thankfully he is absolutely fine.)
He will be getting new wheels for his P150 soon and would love to get better ones instead.

So are the P200's wheels (especially rear) a direct fit on the P150?

Anyone who has done similar stuff or has any related information, please post your valuable comments and oblige.
If I recall, the mag wheels of P150 and P180 are of the same make(Some chinese brand) save the colour(P150- silver; P180-black) but on the other hand the mags of P200 and 220 are manufactured by Enkei. I think they have wider lip than the P 150 ones to accomodate the tubeless tyres. Your friend MAY have to change the wheel bearings.

My .02$
Regards
Manoj
Manoj2268 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 19:34   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey,
I don't think one should use the stock 100/90x17 tube type tyre on a P200 rear wheel as i feel it's motsly wider.
Shifting to P200 rear wheel may need shifting to the 120/80 tubeless tyre too.
What do you guys have to say on this?

Still waiting for someone to post the actual widths of the various wheels. :(
BIKeINSTEIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 20:20   #12
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Yes shift to 120/80 you will get to go tubeless !
i am sorry i have no idea about width. rest be assured they can be fitted on the 150.
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alloy Wheels - Sai Mag Wheels (Rama Road Industrial Area) tsk13 Delhi NCR 37 30th December 2016 17:07
Machismo 350 AVL Technical Specs - Engine Oil, Clutch and Gearbox Amount and Specs imbue Motorbikes 1 26th April 2011 19:59
Do I need alloy wheels? nishantgandhi Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 26 4th April 2011 12:05
Alloy Wheels replacement for Pulsar 150 mithun Motorbikes 6 23rd July 2010 17:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks