Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th September 2008, 20:40   #331
BHPian

get Motul chain lube and cleaner it works well comes for 400 odd each.it comes in spray cans easy to apply , only problem is the missing center stand.
Where are the pics buddy?
ms001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 04:42   #332
BHPian

Its was raining all day here in mumbai
Will take more Pix with my Digicam later till that time enjoy Pix taken from my cell phone
Attached Images

dreamz_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 10:05   #333
BHPian

WOW red looks awesome
ms001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 12:03   #334
BHPian

yah red really looking good.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 14:16   #335
BHPian

The red looks good, but i feel it does not suit the bikes sporty image, it should have been a few shades brighter.
I too have a R15 bought it approximately 3 weeks ago and have already managed to crash it.
xtremeshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 17:28   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
The red looks good, but i feel it does not suit the bikes sporty image, it should have been a few shades brighter.
I too have a R15 bought it approximately 3 weeks ago and have already managed to crash it.
Bingo, even I feel a shade brighter would have looked super...something like the Red of the ZMA (Candy Blazing Red) would have been perfect.

But its a good move by yamaha to introduce more colours, blue and black tend to get boring after a while.

Hoping that they introduce the red and white R1 scheme too....(High Hopes! )
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 19:36   #337

hey guys was reading about R15 in orkut communities... there almost all members having R15 are complaining about the rust getting in on the chian, cowl bolts, fuel cap and frame welding joints; and alloy wheels getting deformed on small pits... don't know whether it is true...was thinking to buy one, now I am confused can't believe it but still cant put the money without cheking...
hv_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 22:06   #338
BHPian

guys i heard that the bike looks awsome but the sound is like a normal indian bikes , is there any similar SBK silencers available in the market to make the bike more sporty ? anyone tried changing the tired in to more wide? i m living abroad but i m thinking to buy one for my brother , pls let me know is there any modifications can be made to look more sporty
thank you
rio
smart2smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 14:20   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv_iitd View Post
hey guys was reading about R15 in orkut communities... there almost all members having R15 are complaining about the rust getting in on the chian, cowl bolts, fuel cap and frame welding joints; and alloy wheels getting deformed on small pits... don't know whether it is true...was thinking to buy one, now I am confused can't believe it but still cant put the money without cheking...
Ya even my roomies R15 had a bent rim, air doesn't hold in the tubeless tires with the rim bent.. the rim's quite cheap around 2500 but bad quality... the black paint on the rim is also peeling off.. Also the tires are not suitable for every day ride, they r quite soft he's already had around 4 punctures!!
solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 15:56   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly View Post
Ya even my roomies R15 had a bent rim, air doesn't hold in the tubeless tires with the rim bent.. the rim's quite cheap around 2500 but bad quality... the black paint on the rim is also peeling off.. Also the tires are not suitable for every day ride, they r quite soft he's already had around 4 punctures!!
2500 for the rim to bloody cheap...just shows how yammy has cut corners, even the P220 rims cost 4.5K and the ZMA ones cost ~5K AFAIK. Being a light weight rim doesn't mean that its structural integrity should be low. But it needs to be found out the conditions under which the rims are actually bending.

Black paint should'nt peel off unless you have been getting the tyre off and on from the roadside wala mechanic.

The compound being soft is in no way related to the ease of which a tyre can be punctured. It could be just that your friend is plain unlucky in this case. I din't have a single nail on my 220's tyre for close 16K kms. In a span of 2.5K kms, my rear tyre has sucked up four nails.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 17:33   #341

I also agrees with praful, to reduce weight you don't have to reduce the thickness, instead you have to put better and lighter alloy.
And suppose yamaha has used good material, than also it is not necessary that it should cost too much, this depends on company stretagy.

And if yamaha has really done mistakes w.r.t. material and paint used than we will see all other manufacturers celebrating cheers: this year the death of yamaha motors india

Even smallest level manufacturer thinks of all these aspects, and bikes specially are made such that they can be ridden on any terrain irrespective of their type, like you must have seen few people on world tours riding R1 or BMWs.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th September 2008 at 19:29. Reason: Only Two smilies per post are allowed
hv_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 19:23   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Black paint should'nt peel off unless you have been getting the tyre off and on from the roadside wala mechanic.
The paint is actually pealing off not any scratches... Even the OD guys had a bent rim and puncture during their R15 ride!!!
solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 22:08   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly View Post
Also the tires are not suitable for every day ride, they r quite soft he's already had around 4 punctures!!
Yes they are and they're pretty light too and sidewalls were very flexy flexy. In short it's not of a durable construction and since the punctures aren't very surprising. The tyre was on sale at the MRF shop here i had a nice look and feel of the tyre when i went there to get my rear tyre installed.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 20:04   #344
Senior - BHPian

I'm at present 77 kgs. Am waiting to get to 69 Kgs and then maybe i will pick up the R15 for myself. Its an awesome bike, something you can cherish for a long long time. Can't belive the Overdrive guys put it through so much and the bike came out on top. Saw one on the highway today doing crazy speeds. But it looked too much to have 2 fat people on the bike
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 20:45   #345
BHPian

Angry Yamaha R 15..to be or not to be..

Guys,
IMHO R15 is just a bike that is a bit diff from other bikes that the Indian Market has seen and again point to ponder on is that it is just a mechnical object, which will like any other bike have its share of problems.
According to me the bike was hyped way too much and people mistook it to be a fool proof bike with zero problems and errors..well this is life..you dont get everything in life do you??
If you like the bike and have the moolah to buy the bike, buy it dont depend on people with thousand diff views..for me my satisfaction would matter and not my roommates who is damn unlucky and had four or five flat tyre in a span of a month or whatever..
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote