Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 8th July 2008, 07:35   #91

Hey.. what changes did you do to the exhaust..???
synergizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 11:34   #92
BHPian

congrats bro for getting the R15
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 11:50   #93
BHPian

congrats buddy please post the pics soon
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 21:13   #94
BHPian

yah.... hey ashrafaliek, what kind of modification you did to the exhaust?? or did you change the original exhaust itself? Also,when you are upsizing the tyres,are you going for the same compounded one itself or to zapper series??
wischvuanaudh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 21:19   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
congrats buddy please post the pics soon

we need pics plzzzz...
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 00:02   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopakr View Post
ohh My God . !!! This is Ridiculous.Looks like one side of the fairing has completely melted.How can this happen by its own?

can this be a case of spontaneous human combustion (SHC)

spontaneous human combustion
Old 9th July 2008, 01:02   #97
BHPian

Ashrafaliek, Congrats on your R15. Black color rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
can this be a case of spontaneous human combustion (SHC)

spontaneous human combustion
Ruffryder, this would be a case of an external combustion engine and hopefully the rider was not as badly scarred as his ride.
Tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 02:33   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
Ashrafaliek, Congrats on your R15. Black color rocks

Ruffryder, this would be a case of an external combustion engine and hopefully the rider was not as badly scarred as his ride.
hope this is a one is a trillion case as iam also planning to buy an R15..
Old 9th July 2008, 03:14   #99
BHPian

Can someone please clarify the reasons for the bike being charred? That is truly shocking , horrible to see the bike in that state *gasp*. Also can someone shed some light on the low-end pickup of the R15? Thanks.
Amien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 04:34   #100
BHPian

@ Tumbler/ ms001 : congrats on the new machine. i just have one question here..

I have booked the Yam Black color, however after the bike was released i took it for a test drive.. and while doing a u -turn i really bent a a lot for it, on that i hear some sound , im not really sure wheather it was the fairing or the exhaust that touched the ground.. im sure it sounds quiet odd but however i did this the second time just check wheather its my mind or the bike in that same turn, here we go again.. same sound. I didnt really bother to check what got scratched after test riding it. so my booking has been canceled for it presently.. I just need to if you have faced any such sounds/ scratch sound while taking a deeep bending u-turn....
nosfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 05:55   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrafaliek View Post
hi guys ,
took the delivery of black R15 on 4th july in bangalore, did a little mod to the exhaust and the note is much deeper and better now, changing the rear tire to 120/80/17 as the swingarm does not permit anything broader than a 120, doing subtle changes in the bike , shall post the pics when it's ready.
Please don't do this to the bike

1. Don't change the rear tyre with a 120 because

a) The factory fiitted tyres are special soft compound tyres which deform more to give more grip albeit with a slight reduction in their life

b) They are tubeless unlike the majority of the indian bike tyres which are of the tubed type.

c) A wider tyre would also lead to a decrease in performance besides being more prone to aquaplaning.

2. What changes have you done to the exhaust ? Have they been done by a pro ? because in the case they haven't been done by a pro you risk having burnt valves. Moreover in any case your you have voided your bike 's warranty after this mod.

Last edited by revvedup : 9th July 2008 at 05:57.
revvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 08:34   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This could be because the owner over revving the bike. In the break in/running in period, one has to be very careful. During this period, the engine will also heat up more because of friction. I dont see this as a part of manufacturing defect or poor quality control unlike the fire incident.
When they opened the engine, they found just around 100 ml engine oil and fuel filter is missing. The latest update now is, yamaha agreed to change the engine it seems. Source xbhp (steve).
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 09:33   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
@ Tumbler/ ms001 : congrats on the new machine. i just have one question here..

I have booked the Yam Black color, however after the bike was released i took it for a test drive.. and while doing a u -turn i really bent a a lot for it, on that i hear some sound , im not really sure wheather it was the fairing or the exhaust that touched the ground.. im sure it sounds quiet odd but however i did this the second time just check wheather its my mind or the bike in that same turn, here we go again.. same sound. I didnt really bother to check what got scratched after test riding it. so my booking has been canceled for it presently.. I just need to if you have faced any such sounds/ scratch sound while taking a deeep bending u-turn....
nosfreak, even if you did slant 45 degrees, its impossible to scratch the faring or silencer. It must be something else. I have never faced this problem before.
Tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 15:09   #104
BHPian

I second Tumbler on that, its impossible to scrape anything on the bike with that angle and one more time I saw the bike is awesome! Just got the chain cleaned and lubed today thanks to the rainy and muddy roads here.
Veelubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 15:35   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
I second Tumbler on that, its impossible to scrape anything on the bike with that angle and one more time I saw the bike is awesome! Just got the chain cleaned and lubed today thanks to the rainy and muddy roads here.

we waiting for some pics from your side Veelubai..