Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 11th July 2008, 00:23   #121
BHPian

isnt this bike underpowered and overpriced. i was expecting a rd 350 replacement
paras211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 01:04   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wischvuanaudh View Post
we just asked for a flower and you guys gave us an AUTUMN ??!!

sweet pics Ms001 and karthik247

karthik247 you have again put me in a "fix" by posting pics of your Black R15..as i was all set to go in for a Blue one..
black looks ravishing and on the other hand blue looks super sexy..
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 11:19   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Here are some pix... Its really nice n smooth to drive.. But boy do ur wirsts hurt a lot!!
Nice pictures Karthik , black looks mean , classy and hot,
about your wrist i think you better check your seating position , i read an aritcle about seating on SBK's and it helped a lot will try to get hold of the link and post it soon,
my palms do hurt sometimes in heavy traffic but , iam still trying to find the best seating position.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 12:42   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
isnt this bike underpowered and overpriced. i was expecting a rd 350 replacement
Yes, this bike is a disappointment for me. There will never be a replacement for the RD.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 13:18   #125
BHPian

I dont think a change in the handle is a good option.Guess you can get those soft type grip for the handle..atleast it takes in some part of the stress though not a great extend.Also the use of some quality glowes can make up things. STILL...u havning an R15....right??!! heheh
wischvuanaudh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 16:12   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wischvuanaudh View Post
I dont think a change in the handle is a good option.Guess you can get those soft type grip for the handle..atleast it takes in some part of the stress though not a great extend.Also the use of some quality glowes can make up things. STILL...u havning an R15....right??!! heheh

no pain no gain..well again you cant get everything in life can you??
Old 11th July 2008, 17:23   #127

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
Please don't do this to the bike

1. Don't change the rear tyre with a 120 because

a) The factory fiitted tyres are special soft compound tyres which deform more to give more grip albeit with a slight reduction in their life

b) They are tubeless unlike the majority of the indian bike tyres which are of the tubed type.

c) A wider tyre would also lead to a decrease in performance besides being more prone to aquaplaning.

2. What changes have you done to the exhaust ? Have they been done by a pro ? because in the case they haven't been done by a pro you risk having burnt valves. Moreover in any case your you have voided your bike 's warranty after this mod.

hi revvedup, just logged in and saw your post & by this time i have finished doing all the changes in the rubber & the exhaust, the tyre change is comfy i have used the tyre in the rear that comes in p200 as OE & the mod on the exhaust is done by an expert who has done similar mods in all my previous bikes right from rx100 to p200,
if not for the delay we would have discussed in detail regarding the mods,
anyhow wish me luck bro
ashrafaliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 17:31   #128

Default hi

guys thanks for the wishes & cheering, sorry could not post the pics earlier & what iam posting rt now are pics taken in a hurry, shall be posting the detailed pics in the next few days, expecting your suggestions for the bike

(pl do not curse me if i have spoilt it)
Attached Thumbnails
R15 Ownership Experience-souped-up.jpg  

R15 Ownership Experience-front.jpg  

ashrafaliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 18:41   #129
BHPian

I like the colour scheme Ashraf. Could you elaborate on what mods you have done to the exhaust.

Mods: There are three threads on the R15 being discussed simultaneously. Maybe it would make sense to merge all of them. Just my $0.02
PhrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 20:39   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrafaliek View Post
guys thanks for the wishes & cheering, sorry could not post the pics earlier & what iam posting rt now are pics taken in a hurry, shall be posting the detailed pics in the next few days, expecting your suggestions for the bike

not at all ashrafaliek..you have done a good job
the color scheme is perfect..cheers:
Old 11th July 2008, 22:10   #131
Senior - BHPian

Am i seeing R15 with wider tyres you bought the best of 150 but spoiled its beauti. Get rid of fat tyre as well as stikers if possible.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 22:38   #132
BHPian

Default `teflon coat

can somebody guide me to a good place to get teflon coating done for my bike in bangalore, also where can i get motul chain spray and waxpol polish?

thanks
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 09:50   #133
BHPian

ms001 - I think you will first need the paddock stand for applying the chain spray and stuffs.

ashraf - Looks like we have similar tastes.I liked the overall look very much.Pls tell me what you did to that visor to get that black look, also how much did it cost you to get that alloys painted.

Guys , pls tell me the correct grade of synthetic oil[Mobil 1] to be used.The guy is quoting Rs950 for a ltr + 100ml free as the bike requires 1.1ltr BTW is there a seperate grade for synthetic oil used for cars and bikes?.Planning to shift to synthetic oil during the 1st service[750kms] , hope it does good to the bike.

Last edited by Veelubai : 12th July 2008 at 09:56.
Veelubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 10:21   #134
BHPian

I like what Ashrafaliek has done to his bike, though my preference would have been red on black combination. But I guess it defines the mood of the person.

I hear a lot of comments on the wrist pain and it is bound to be there if one rides in the crouching position for extended periods of time. The normal driving posture is recommended and the crouching position only when intending to speed away. Also make sure you dont shift your CG too forward as that tends to put on additional weight on the palms/wrists further complicated by the accelarator twist.

Finally, to agree with RuffRyder, everything will become ok after some time; you will get used to the pain.
Tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 11:24   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrafaliek View Post

turn the rims to blue
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote