Team-BHP - R15 Ownership Experience
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   R15 Ownership Experience (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/41943-r15-ownership-experience.html)

Thank you all for your greetings. I have now clocked over 100kms and here is a brief experience report.

The Bike rests on a side stand and so the lack of a centre stand gives it an askance look which is very inviting. Once you step inside and switch on the bike, it does a self check (very cool) and has a hum to it. The size of the bike is contrary to the imposed weight as it is quite light.

Turn on the ignition and the bike transforms to a beast waiting to be goaded. Turn on the gas and the bike glides into motion. The gear shifts are smooth and, yes, I have tried it all the way upto 6th (and could have gone higher too as the engine urges). Wisdom prevails, and I stay within the 5K RMP during the run-in period (1000kms). The only challenge is having to put your shoes under the gear lever to shift up which damages your shoes, so I must get a pair of riding boots, assuming they make any difference.

After reading the numerous posts, I maneuvered the curves with trepidation, only to be further encouraged by the excellent road grip of the tyres.

A few glitches like the seat/glovebox needs a tight slap to get closed, premium parking is required as the side cladding will have a tendency to get scratched easily, saree guard is an eye sore and no kick start.

Having said all the above, I must confess that I’m a person in love and on the honeymoon, so will have to wait until we have the first breakdown and the visit to the in-laws (service center). Until then, I keep riding all the adulation.

hey Tumbler, nice report, are you planning to keep the front number plate or replace it with stickering?
i am planning to take it off and paste radiom/stickering on the visor or mud gaurd

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms001 (Post 889979)
hey Tumbler, nice report, are you planning to keep the front number plate or replace it with stickering?
i am planning to take it off and paste radiom/stickering on the visor or mud gaurd

ms001, I have left the number plate as is as. The dealer did say he could get it done, but advised me against it as stickering would invite attention from the cops, so why court trouble :Frustrati. I agree its a sour eye, but hey, we all need a lemon (or pumbkin) tied in front of the vehicle in true Indian style, so this is it :uncontrol. Im only glad that the front number plate is not the size of the rear one.

Nice review Tumbler, quoting the whole post for the convenience of others. And, dude, where are the pics???

Congratz Tumbler on the purchase, do post some pics also.

Congrats Tumbler.!! I'm waiting for some pics..

Tumbler:
Congrats on your acquisition AND your review. Here's wishing you years of pleasure from your Beast.
Ride safe, mate.

RG

ps. I hate to say what many must already have, but PICS PLEASE

Congratulations Tumbler,
That was a compact but polished review. Ride safe buddy,

And yeah. me too, Pics Please!

Congrats Tumbler on your purchase and a neat and nice report. If am not wrong its a mono suspension is it? From your review you seem to be happy and i can feel many more folks jumping to this ride instead of the CBZ's and Karizma .

Tumber; whats the mileage!

No Indians in here or what :D

Congrats on the buy.

Congrats. Hope you've got the riding gear with you.

Hey Tumbler and ms001. Congrats on being among the first in the country to get your hands on the R15. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, do post some pics soon! Cheers...

Congrats on the buy!
Looking forward to pictures.

BTW, what is the fuel efficiency ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 890687)
Tumber; whats the mileage!

No Indians in here or what :D

Congrats on the buy.

well we are not quiet done looking at the bike and performance so we will surely come to that part after the bike visits the in-laws place!:D

pics, other pros cons and further experience please!

Nice review tumbler. Post some pics mate. Waiting to see it