Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2008, 19:14   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Don't worry, I'll get one. I've bought all this in anticipation of one in the first place. So which one are you planning for?
Yaar I have my heart on the yamaha R6 or the 600RR just started collecting some monies rest trying my luck to get it sponsored from "pitaji"
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 19:27   #17
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

My gear:
Helmet: AGV helmet(2nos) visor - black for day use, clear visor for night time.
Jacket: Cramster Meteor,Custom made Leather Jacket.
Back Protection: Wear on Spine protector.
Gloves: Cramster Gloves, Fieldsheer Race fury gloves,RST gloves
Knee guard.Army issue camouflage pants.
shoes- DMS army issue.
Backpack: Nikon camera backpack, Cramster Laptop bags(one with helmet holder,one without)
Waist pouch: Waterproof waist pouch from AVI(mumbai based co.)
Hydrapak: Bell
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 19:33   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Yaar I have my heart on the yamaha R6 or the 600RR just started collecting some monies rest trying my luck to get it sponsored from "pitaji"
Go for the 600 RR. The R6 is a track bike and useless on the streets. It doesn't make any power below 8000 RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
My gear:
Helmet: AGV helmet(2nos) visor - black for day use, clear visor for night time.
Jacket: Cramster Meteor,Custom made Leather Jacket.
Back Protection: Wear on Spine protector.
Gloves: Cramster Gloves, Fieldsheer Race fury gloves,RST gloves
Knee guard.Army issue camouflage pants.
shoes- DMS army issue.
Backpack: Nikon camera backpack, Cramster Laptop bags(one with helmet holder,one without)
Waist pouch: Waterproof waist pouch from AVI(mumbai based co.)
Hydrapak: Bell
Where did you get the custom made leather jacket from? I always wanted one but, didn't know where to get a genuine one from so asked my friend to get one from the US.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 19:38   #19
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

From pune. A friend got me in touch with the owner of a leather jackets/ clothes manufacturing firm. which is a 100% Export firm. They did a one-off thing for me.
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 19:41   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
From pune. A friend got me in touch with the owner of a leather jackets/ clothes manufacturing firm. which is a 100% Export firm. They did a one-off thing for me.
Cool. Does it have protective armor inside?

Hein Gericke Jackets were manufactured in Goregaon. One of my friend knew the manager there. Not sure if they still manufacture there. Heard about this 2 years back.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 22:10   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I'm soon buying Cramster Jacket and Gloves.
I suggest you buy the 'RAPTOR' jacket from them.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 22:34   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,047 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I suggest you buy the 'RAPTOR' jacket from them.
I was thinking about getting the Breezer mesh jacket. It gets hot and stuffy here in the south. Breezer comes with an external rain coat to be worn over.

In touring jackets could you please tell me why you suggested Raptor over Meteor? It would help me with the decision making process.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 22:43   #23
BHPian
 
Ho0ligaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Helmet - GPR
Jacket - DSG Spike red
Gloves - DSG somethine(forgot :P)
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-dscn2296.jpg  

Ho0ligaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 22:56   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I was thinking about getting the Breezer mesh jacket. It gets hot and stuffy here in the south. Breezer comes with an external rain coat to be worn over.

In touring jackets could you please tell me why you suggested Raptor over Meteor? It would help me with the decision making process.
The Breezer is ok for summer, but the build quality is not as solid as the Meteor or the Raptor. I have tried it on. Even the sizing on it is a bit weird. The medium is equal to a large. It will not be effective in the winter.

The Meteor and the Raptor have removable "Thinsulate" thermal liners and trust me when I tell you, that liner is much better than any of my Joe Rockets(except the one with the fleece liner). It really keeps you warm. When the liner is removed, the vents(front, back & sleeves)work very well too in the heat and both the jackets are waterproof. To add to this, they have more reflective piping than any of my Joe Rockets as well. The Raptor is their latest, hence I suggested that one..
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 14:27   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,789
Thanked: 1,218 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
The only thing I don't have is riding pants/knee protection.
Try Draggin Draggin Jeans - Manufacturer of motorcycle jeans and clothing, Kevlar lined jeans, jackets and cargo pants. - features kevlar fabric on the inside of the seat of your pants and knees with pockets for knee protector inserts. Very highly recommeded - the "CEO" features in promo video where he's being dragged by a car down an asphalt road on his rump, wearing these jeans. I have their riding pants and a Kevlar undershirt, but they're not usable in extreme heat.

They ship very promptly - I received my pair in Dubai within a week of making payment, all the way from Australia.

Last edited by Steeroid : 6th July 2008 at 14:31.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 21:37   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Try Draggin Draggin Jeans - Manufacturer of motorcycle jeans and clothing, Kevlar lined jeans, jackets and cargo pants. - features kevlar fabric on the inside of the seat of your pants and knees with pockets for knee protector inserts. Very highly recommeded - the "CEO" features in promo video where he's being dragged by a car down an asphalt road on his rump, wearing these jeans. I have their riding pants and a Kevlar undershirt, but they're not usable in extreme heat.

They ship very promptly - I received my pair in Dubai within a week of making payment, all the way from Australia.
Thanks. I'll check them out. How was the sizing?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 22:17   #27
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,496
Thanked: 2,964 Times
Default

Here's my "gear":
a. Studds Bravo helmet - free gift from previous company. Been meaning to long upgrade to a AGV but with current lack of riding even in city - this does just fine
b. My jackets are primarily for riding to work. No pseudap neither poser value:
FieldSheer Titanium mesh jacket for summers.
Cortech Drax jacket for winters. Lovely except the neck closure, or lack thereof.
c.Tourmaster "Jean" textile pant for winters.
d. On tours, Karrimor KSB ankle support shoes.

PS: And yes - I actually wear all that to work, except the shoes
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 22:23   #28
BHPian
 
heelntoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: navi mumbai
Posts: 240
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Wow, nice gear you guys have. Am surprised (and happy) that riders in India wear good gear. But dont you guys feel uncomfortable in that gear, vis-a-vis a pair of jeans, a windcheater, lightweight gloves and sports shoes?
it's certainly more comfortable than peeled skin...


my current gear includes a studds bravo helmet and gloves that i bought from the local TVS dealership. i'll buy more before i but a bike though.
heelntoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 12:46   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,789
Thanked: 1,218 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Thanks. I'll check them out. How was the sizing?
Pretty good. I am very much on the 'healthier' side and my regular trouser size seems to fit well, though I cant put on any more if I intend to continue wearing these.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 21:19   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 139
Thanked: Once
Thumbs up

I currently use a pair of CRAMSTER gloves, not sure of the model though. How good is the DSG Nero jacket, I've placed an order and am yet to recieve the same ?

CHEERS,
G D
P180V1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guide: Buying, shipping and customs for imported riding gear bik1906 Motorbikes 33 11th September 2016 00:53
The Riding Game Thread manson Motorbikes 21 17th September 2009 18:51
New Riding Sports Gear outlet in Mumbai devil_in_flesh Motorbikes 12 3rd April 2008 11:26
Single gear riding iamkapilb Street Experiences 5 31st August 2006 12:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks