Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 19:14   #331
BHPian
 
MurtazaGhiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 219
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Thanks a lot for your reply!

It doesn't have any reflective piping though. Is that a matter of concern. I guess the best looking of the lot is the Akito Edge.
Also, they haven't mentioned what grade of polyester (600D, 450D) is used in the shell. Now, I have no idea whether this is even important! :P

Please some more guidance!!

Hmmm... That is indeed a concern but not sure if it is more important than protectors. Also, if you like the Akito Edge, get that one and get the protector kit which can be worn inside the jacket. Something like Alpinestars Bionic 2 Protection Jacket - Rs14,490.00

Experts please comment!
MurtazaGhiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 19:23   #332
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default



I have a budget of 6k for the jacket!

And it does come with elbow and shoulder protectors, does it not? Would I still need additional support?
Using it for touring, I would like it to be comfy too.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:16   #333
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 213
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Cortech GX Sport Series 2 Jacket that I'm looking to buy is selling for 158$ + 35$ shipping. This has very good review in all the forums and if you watch the sportbiketrackgear review, you will know that it has feature that some brands give for 250$s. 158$ would be close to 7 thousand + plus shipping.

The closest to that is Shift Avenger for 199$ @ STG.

Secondly, don't buy Alpinestar Bionic 2. Get the Knox Aegis which is the best at 158$ again. I'm getting that after a lot of research in last couple of weeks.

Knox Aegis 7 & 8 Plate Back Protector from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post


I have a budget of 6k for the jacket!

And it does come with elbow and shoulder protectors, does it not? Would I still need additional support?
Using it for touring, I would like it to be comfy too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Hmmm... That is indeed a concern but not sure if it is more important than protectors. Also, if you like the Akito Edge, get that one and get the protector kit which can be worn inside the jacket. Something like Alpinestars Bionic 2 Protection Jacket - Rs14,490.00

Experts please comment!
Good Jacket, but not good ventilation. Let's not forget that Textile jackets are for summer and ventilation is very important, especially in India which is much hotter than western countries.

Size issues as well. & this jacket is 500D polyesters. Besides, all of the good ones come with CE certified armor. This one has Knox but then others are good too. Coverage does vary though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
If you ask me, I would go for the Weise Hawk Jacket - FREE UK DELIVERY
This one has back, chest and elbow protectors which I believe none of the others have.
And why extend budget by 75$ when the benefit is not as much. Any reasons?

Quote:
My verdict would be Cortech GX Air Series 2 Jacket if you could extend you budget a little bit.

Last edited by given2fly : 9th March 2010 at 21:24.
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:25   #334
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Zulfi from Bachoo Motors claims he will give discount on the DSG and Alpinestars jackets that are left with him since he is getting down RJays. He said he would provide free shipping too
amit7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 11:20   #335
BHPian
 
MurtazaGhiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 219
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post


I have a budget of 6k for the jacket!

And it does come with elbow and shoulder protectors, does it not? Would I still need additional support?
Using it for touring, I would like it to be comfy too.
There seems to be some confusion my friend. I asked you to get the protector armor in case you are getting the Akito Edge jacket which doesn't have any protectors. And the link I gave was an example. Did not mean to tell you to buy the expensive one. Look for something similar.


Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Cortech GX Sport Series 2 Jacket that I'm looking to buy is selling for 158$ + 35$ shipping. This has very good review in all the forums and if you watch the sportbiketrackgear review, you will know that it has feature that some brands give for 250$s. 158$ would be close to 7 thousand + plus shipping.

The closest to that is Shift Avenger for 199$ @ STG.

Secondly, don't buy Alpinestar Bionic 2. Get the Knox Aegis which is the best at 158$ again. I'm getting that after a lot of research in last couple of weeks.

Knox Aegis 7 & 8 Plate Back Protector from SportbikeTrackGear.com





Good Jacket, but not good ventilation. Let's not forget that Textile jackets are for summer and ventilation is very important, especially in India which is much hotter than western countries.

Size issues as well. & this jacket is 500D polyesters. Besides, all of the good ones come with CE certified armor. This one has Knox but then others are good too. Coverage does vary though.




And why extend budget by 75$ when the benefit is not as much. Any reasons?
Well I am no expert when it comes to jackets. From the list that you posted, I found the Cortech GX Air Series 2 Jacket to be good. You can always remove the inner lining for summer rides. This one is an all weather jacket. Just my personal opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit7788 View Post
Zulfi from Bachoo Motors claims he will give discount on the DSG and Alpinestars jackets that are left with him since he is getting down RJays. He said he would provide free shipping too
Thats cool. Might visit him over the weekend to check if he has some good DSG's left.
MurtazaGhiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 18:45   #336
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 213
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
There seems to be some confusion my friend. I asked you to get the protector armor in case you are getting the Akito Edge jacket which doesn't have any protectors. And the link I gave was an example. Did not mean to tell you to buy the expensive one. Look for something similar.
Not taking a pot shot here, but EssYouWee, what bike are you looking to buy it for. If this is an Indian bike/bullet, you can do with DSG or Cramster, though I don't know the cost. Now the one I'm looking to buy (i.e. Cortech Sport S-2), that is almost comparable in cost with DSG Nero/Maze (@ 5250/5999) @ 158$, but one has to pay for shipping @ 35$ from STG. But then, if you are looking to ride with an SBK, I suggest definitely going for Cortech or any other good brand amongst what they have there in STG, and they have definitely some really good collection (Thanks to Kunal for telling me about that site).

Quote:
Well I am no expert when it comes to jackets. From the list that you posted, I found the Cortech GX Air Series 2 Jacket to be good. You can always remove the inner lining for summer rides. This one is an all weather jacket. Just my personal opinion!
Sport S-2 is also an all weather jacket and the liner is fully removable along with armors. There isn't much difference between the Sport and the Air series and that's why I asked you about any specific reasons not to go for that. Never mind if there aren't any. No personal offense bud.
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 19:27   #337
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Not taking a pot shot here, but EssYouWee, what bike are you looking to buy it for. If this is an Indian bike/bullet, you can do with DSG or Cramster, though I don't know the cost. Now the one I'm looking to buy (i.e. Cortech Sport S-2), that is almost comparable in cost with DSG Nero/Maze (@ 5250/5999) @ 158$, but one has to pay for shipping @ 35$ from STG. But then, if you are looking to ride with an SBK, I suggest definitely going for Cortech or any other good brand amongst what they have there in STG, and they have definitely some really good collection (Thanks to Kunal for telling me about that site).
That did not even look like a potshot :P

I will be riding a Bullet. I visited both Dream bikes and Cramster, I did not particularly like either jacket. Cramster's summer jacket was nice, but it did not come with a removable lining.

I have someone coming in from UK, hence shipping won't be an issue. I am looking for <=6000 bucks only. As these jackets fall under that same category, I was thinking of perhaps going for a slightly better (?) built quality than Cramster/DSG.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 12:53   #338
BHPian
 
MurtazaGhiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 219
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Not taking a pot shot here, but EssYouWee, what bike are you looking to buy it for. If this is an Indian bike/bullet, you can do with DSG or Cramster, though I don't know the cost. Now the one I'm looking to buy (i.e. Cortech Sport S-2), that is almost comparable in cost with DSG Nero/Maze (@ 5250/5999) @ 158$, but one has to pay for shipping @ 35$ from STG. But then, if you are looking to ride with an SBK, I suggest definitely going for Cortech or any other good brand amongst what they have there in STG, and they have definitely some really good collection (Thanks to Kunal for telling me about that site).



Sport S-2 is also an all weather jacket and the liner is fully removable along with armors. There isn't much difference between the Sport and the Air series and that's why I asked you about any specific reasons not to go for that. Never mind if there aren't any. No personal offense bud.
Point noted. No offence taken

Buddy, the sport S-2 costs 158$ which could be a little over 7K INR + the 35$ shipping cost. It is no way comparable in cost with DSG or Cramster. It could possibly be better in terms of quality compared to these Indian brands. Btw, is the shipping going to be the same if there are more than 1 jackets ordered. Then you can probably find anyone who may be interested in buying from the same site, so the shipping gets reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
That did not even look like a potshot :P

I will be riding a Bullet. I visited both Dream bikes and Cramster, I did not particularly like either jacket. Cramster's summer jacket was nice, but it did not come with a removable lining.

I have someone coming in from UK, hence shipping won't be an issue. I am looking for <=6000 bucks only. As these jackets fall under that same category, I was thinking of perhaps going for a slightly better (?) built quality than Cramster/DSG.
Did you consider looking at Cortech RCX Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore This one is under 6K INR. If cost is an issue look for closeout deals too.

And guys please let us know what you choose, and if possible get pics of your stuff. Thanks.

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 11th March 2010 at 12:54.
MurtazaGhiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2010, 16:53   #339
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 213
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I agree on the shipping and quality parts, but the catch here is you can club other things in the same order. That's why the site and the shopping. Besides, There are not too many websites that ship to India. Motorcycle Superstore doesn't. Some others do, but their shipping charges are astronomical compared to STG, primarily because they use UPS and other private courier cos. instead of USPS.

At this point, STG has one of the best pricing and most economical shipping, so they get my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Point noted. No offence taken

Buddy, the sport S-2 costs 158$ which could be a little over 7K INR + the 35$ shipping cost. It is no way comparable in cost with DSG or Cramster. It could possibly be better in terms of quality compared to these Indian brands. Btw, is the shipping going to be the same if there are more than 1 jackets ordered. Then you can probably find anyone who may be interested in buying from the same site, so the shipping gets reasonable.
Checked this jacket. It looks like a rainy season jacket. Wouldn't fit in my scheme of things. And saving a couple of grands for comfort wouldn't be fair in the long run.

Quote:
Did you consider looking at Cortech RCX Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore This one is under 6K INR. If cost is an issue look for closeout deals too.

And guys please let us know what you choose, and if possible get pics of your stuff. Thanks.
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:26   #340
BHPian
 
Leepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Maharashtra
Posts: 366
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Armoured jackets

After buying a 'real good' helmet -- Aaron Hybrid, I am thinking of buying a good armoured jacket, preferably leather. Guys any suggestions?

Last edited by aah78 : 24th March 2010 at 02:03. Reason: Thread merged with existing.
Leepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:48   #341
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

There is a vendor in bangalore who does these outfits. Very popular with the RE gangs. Goes by the name of Cramster. I think the website is Cramster® - India's Favourite Riding Gear and Motorcycle Luggage: Saddlebags Tankbags Jackets Gloves for Touring Racing Motocross on Royal Enfield Pulsar Bajaj Karizma. They also do delivery.
v-drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:30   #342
BHPian
 
Leepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Maharashtra
Posts: 366
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Hi, I know about Cramster -- my saddle is from that firm. But they don't have leather jackets with armour. Here is a sample pic I found on the web. The leather is important. Help me out guys!!!
Attached Images
 
Leepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 07:41   #343
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,628
Thanked: 3,820 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
After buying a 'real good' helmet -- Aaron Hybrid,
Aren't you having any problems with its visor?
it has power in it, like the way spects have, i tried it once and was about to crash the motorcycle and the same feeling was echoed by many who tried various helmets in different colors of aaron hybrid
Quote:
I am thinking of buying a good armoured jacket, preferably leather. Guys any suggestions?
Stick with a mesh, leather would be too hot for pune
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 19:48   #344
BHPian
 
Leepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Maharashtra
Posts: 366
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Aren't you having any problems with its visor?
it has power in it, like the way spects have, i tried it once and was about to crash the motorcycle and the same feeling was echoed by many who tried various helmets in different colors of aaron hybrid

Stick with a mesh, leather would be too hot for pune
Yup, Aaron's visor has power. So the trick is to not use them

For Pune nights, leather jacket is a must man. Try riding through Empress Garden, Wanowrie route after 11 pm if you don't believe me!!!
I don't like mesh jacket man cos it doesn't gel with my Bullet. I hate the racer look, I prefer the tough biker gang look, but I don't want to compromise on my safety that's why I am on the look out for an armoured leather jacket
Leepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:39   #345
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,649
Thanked: 671 Times
Default

Has anyone used Aaron Helmets? I happened to see a few helmets today, would like to know a few things about Aaron helmets-
1. What quality is it, good or bad?
2. On a scale of 1-10 how much do you rate it (when compared to other Indian brands)?
3. Is the air vent useful or is it just for show?
4. Is the visor scratch resistant?
5. Would you recommend this?

Also what are the good options at a price range of 1500-2000 Rs.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guide: Buying, shipping and customs for imported riding gear bik1906 Motorbikes 33 11th September 2016 00:53
The Riding Game Thread manson Motorbikes 21 17th September 2009 18:51
New Riding Sports Gear outlet in Mumbai devil_in_flesh Motorbikes 12 3rd April 2008 11:26
Single gear riding iamkapilb Street Experiences 5 31st August 2006 12:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:21.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks