Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 5th July 2011, 23:00   #616
BHPian

Default Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post

I had ordered one about 6 months ago. $25 flat is true. No additional charges. But some told me there might be additional charges if it crosses a limit and I don't know that limit. Pls call or email them. I received mine in exactly 2 weeks.
Thanks JVH.I was looking for someone who's actually bought gears from RD and you replied so quick.Thanks again! May I ask you what did you order from them and the quality of the stuff?

I will snail a mail to the customer support for further queries.
Shivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 11:14   #617
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Thanks JVH.I was looking for someone who's actually bought gears from RD and you replied so quick.Thanks again! May I ask you what did you order from them and the quality of the stuff?

I will snail a mail to the customer support for further queries.
I had ordered the below items and it was shipped together in one box. Pretty good service.

Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 Jacket - RidersDiscount.com

Thor 50/50 Boots - RidersDiscount.com

Alpinestars Smx-2 Air Carbon Gloves - RidersDiscount.com

Mods - Hope posting the links are OK.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 12:43   #618
BHPian

Quote:
I had ordered the below items and it was shipped together in one box. Pretty good service.

Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 Jacket - RidersDiscount.com

Thor 50/50 Boots - RidersDiscount.com

Alpinestars Smx-2 Air Carbon Gloves - RidersDiscount.com

Mods - Hope posting the links are OK.
Thanks again,JVH.I was also looking for the same jacket sometime before.Hows the fit and everything? It's either going be the same JR Atomic jacket as yours or the Icon Hooligan 2 here- http://http://www.ridersdiscount.com...men/105251.php

Meantime,I did enquire about RD's services to India.The courier charges are flat$25 but they are not responsible if local customs slap any taxes on it.I guess,you didn't pay any customs.Right?

Last edited by Shivank : 6th July 2011 at 12:45.
Old 6th July 2011, 12:54   #619
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hows the fit and everything? It's either going be the same JR Atomic jacket as yours or the Icon Hooligan 2 here- http://http://www.ridersdiscount.com...men/105251.php
I use size 40 shirt and had ordered M. The jacket is slightly on the loser side. What it would mean is it'll slightly flap during excessive highway speeds because of which I only do city rides in this jacket. And for that, it does the job very well. JR also claim that its a waterproof jacket but it hasn't been tested in rains, so cannot comment. Stitch quality is OK for that price. No idea about Icon Hooligan, sorry. BTW, its made in China if you are particular about it ;-)

Quote:
Meantime,I did enquire about RD's services to India.The courier charges are flat$25 but they are not responsible if local customs slap any taxes on it.I guess,you didn't pay any customs.Right?
Nope, I did not pay a single paisa. They mark the package as gift. Looking at the size of the parcel, my local post office called me to check if it indeed is really a gift. That's all.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:34   #620
BHPian

Quote:
I use size 40 shirt and had ordered M. The jacket is slightly on the loser side. What it would mean is it'll slightly flap during excessive highway speeds because of which I only do city rides in this jacket. And for that, it does the job very well. JR also claim that its a waterproof jacket but it hasn't been tested in rains, so cannot comment. Stitch quality is OK for that price. No idea about Icon Hooligan, sorry. BTW, its made in China if you are particular about it ;-)

Nope, I did not pay a single paisa. They mark the package as gift. Looking at the size of the parcel, my local post office called me to check if it indeed is really a gift. That's all.
Well,one final BIG thanks to you.

You have helped a lot.I shall be ordering the jacket in a few days time.Don't know whether it's going to be JR or Icon but now I know how to deal with my local post office.

Regarding the bolds,which jacket is China made? JR or Icon? I couldn't get it.

Last edited by Shivank : 6th July 2011 at 16:40.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:43   #621
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regarding the bolds,which jacket is China made? JR or Icon? I couldn't get it.
Glad to be of help

JR is made in China. No idea about Icon.

And finally, you can check Manish's pic here on how the JR looks though it won't give a clear idea. Only aesthetically.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2385327
Post-2893

Last edited by JVH : 6th July 2011 at 17:56.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:55   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Glad to be of help

JR is made in China. No idea about Icon.

And finally, you can check at Manish's pic here on how the JR looks though it won't give a clear idea. Only aesthetically.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2385327
Post-2893
OT: You got a Monster!

Darn! How would I look like wearing the same jacket riding a RTR?
Old 6th July 2011, 19:05   #623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Darn! How would I look like wearing the same jacket riding a RTR?
you'll be alright. i wear a Nero and ride CBZ (my picture is here a few pages back)
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 21:49   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
you'll be alright. i wear a Nero and ride CBZ (my picture is here a few pages back)
Oh,LOL..That's not the case.As long as your riding it doesn't matter.But as soon as you stop comments come pouring in.Like,when I got myself riding gloves,everyone at traffic lights used to look at me as if some alien has just landed.My pals used to joke around saying-Desi Rossi aa gya?

As I am looking for riding jackets now some of my friends still feel the ones I am very particularly interested in (JR and Icon) are a bit too 'flashy' for Desi-bikes..Can't help now as I have already made my mind.
Old 6th July 2011, 22:08   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh,LOL..That's not the case.As long as your riding it doesn't matter.But as soon as you stop comments come pouring in.Like,when I got myself riding gloves,everyone at traffic lights used to look at me as if some alien has just landed.My pals used to joke around saying-Desi Rossi aa gya?

As I am looking for riding jackets now some of my friends still feel the ones I am very particularly interested in (JR and Icon) are a bit too 'flashy' for Desi-bikes..Can't help now as I have already made my mind.
At a given speed, your flesh and bones will incur same amount of damage regardless of whether you crash from a 1000 CC bike or 100 CC bike.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 22:19   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

lol! every alternate week, i take the bike to office and yes, i do wear the Nero. i used to get stares (even from some very senior managers), but after a few times i got used to it.

the trick is believe you are Rossi

when i went to purchase the Nero, there were a couple of teenagers hanging around the shop and asked if i was going for a race. when i told them it was for daily wear, they dismissed me and walked off like i was nuts!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 6th July 2011 at 22:21.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 00:26   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
At a given speed, your flesh and bones will incur same amount of damage regardless of whether you crash from a 1000 CC bike or 100 CC bike.
Yes,I already know that bro..It's others who don't listen and for that I can't help but lend least surviving ear to their comments.I was trying to differentiate between an expensive 'flashy' jacket and a normal jacket.(read:in either case I am favoring safety gears only).I have had experienced some insane falls from the bike.From 20kph to 90kph and I know each one hurt equally bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
lol! every alternate week, i take the bike to office and yes, i do wear the Nero. i used to get stares (even from some very senior managers), but after a few times i got used to it.

the trick is believe you are Rossi

when i went to purchase the Nero, there were a couple of teenagers hanging around the shop and asked if i was going for a race. when i told them it was for daily wear, they dismissed me and walked off like i was nuts!
No,no,no don't believe you are Rossi! I have felt like him a couple of times and I know how I was trying his M1 antics on my RTR last year.Some scary things happened and I am lucky enough to come out safe..;-)
Old 7th July 2011, 01:15   #628
Senior - BHPian

You can also have a look at the Jackets from Cramster and Planet DSG.
Pretty decent and i find them VFM.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 01:36   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
You can also have a look at the Jackets from Cramster and Planet DSG.
Pretty decent and i find them VFM.
Of late,I have heard not-so-great reviews about Cramster products.Quality is deteriorating from what it used to be.

Planet DSG jackets are no doubt brilliant.Everyone across the country uses them.Seems they are the most trusted brands here.When I started saving for riding gears I had the DSG Nero in my mind but somehow my savings over shot my expectations.And I am here with a few thousand bucks more in my pocket now.Plus,I find the Nero too common at my place.So,I was thinking to be a little bit different when I have the moolah to spend.

If somehow I find too many niggles in shipping the product from RD(which as of now seems is not the case) I am definitely going the DSG way.Or the Rjays.Heard them to be good and lightweight as well..
Old 10th July 2011, 15:01   #630
BHPian

Default Riding Gears for my new CBR

Here are the riding gears for my new CBR
1. DSG Nero Jacket
2. DSG Acqua Gloves
3. DSG Moto Mesh Gloves
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-dsc02480.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-dsc02483.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-dsc02485.jpg