Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 16th July 2010, 19:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@alstonvaz - what're the spring sizes of HH? Do they match to the size of 135 or 100s? Pls shed some light here. Tks.
The HH springs are a little longer than the RX, not sure how much exactly because i did not measure. There is no need for any modification, its just that you remove your old spring and replace it with the HH spring. I am using this on my RX for the last 2 years and have found it good as compared to the stock setup.
alstonvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 19:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Longer? Well, then it will be hard time to fit the stud bolts along with the spacers isn't it. How much does those springs cost & what about the fork oils? Can they be from Endurance or any other specific makes?

Ps - I wish you'd told me this about a month ago & I would've avoided buying the OE springs.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 08:48   #18
BHPian

Just confirmed with my mechanic what he had exactly done, he cut off about 1.5 cm of the spacer in the fork and then put in the new spring. As for the fork oil he uses Castrol, guess he used the same for me. The springs cost me somthing like 250, 2 years back. I don't bother questioning him much because I trust his work and his charges are not much either.

Last edited by alstonvaz : 17th July 2010 at 08:50.
alstonvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 13:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he cut off about 1.5 cm of the spacer in the fork and then put in the new spring
This is what I call Indian juggad work that I don't like.

Quote:
As for the fork oil he uses Castrol
What??? Castrol for fork oil? This is news to me as I'm under the impression that Castrol makes only lubricants for engines.

Quote:
I trust his work and his charges are not much either
you're in the learning curve I guess
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote