Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th August 2008, 23:51   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, you have a point there! (no flame )

The problem is that they will involve others in the deaths...
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 08:27   #47
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I feel If people are stupid, and Die as a result of them willfully disobeying laws and not using devices put into place to protect them, they deserve to die.

I mean, why mess with evolution ?
</flamebait>
I agree with you . give them the Darwin award and be done with it.
the problem arises when they involve others like thad said.

people have to be responsible and intelligent enough to look after themselves. passing a law for every everything just makes the cops and lawyers richer.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 08:44   #48
BHPian

Why don't they make saree guards compulsory on bikes?
I gues on scooters its not much of an issue of sarees getting entangled in wheels.
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 14:29   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Why don't they make saree guards compulsory on bikes?
I thought they are already? (with the exception of maybe the likes of 'Dhoom' bikes! )
Ive seldom seen any bikes here without them on. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by Stanher : 27th August 2008 at 14:31.
Stanher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 18:06   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I however notice that while the Bajaj Pulsar 220 does not have a full chain cover, the Karizma sports one. Wonder what the logic is.
Pulsar 220 has an O ring chain, Karizma unfortunately still have the plain jane chain, but it's made by DID. I want to get rid of the chain cover, but only after i manage to get an O ring 520 type chain.

Stanher, sari guards are cumpolsory even for the Dhoom bikes Yamaha could only get road worthiness from ARAI after they adorned their R1 with a sari guard and front number plate

Last edited by Sankar : 27th August 2008 at 18:08.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 20:07   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Why can't they come up with a rule saying 2-wheelers without full saree guard (both sides) can't take saree clad women or lungi clad men. Then everybody should be happy.
I agree with what you say. I also don't like how the $%^&#$% govt. pretends to be like one's mom, worried about ppls safety and all. if saree clad women JUST DONT WANT TO wear anything else but a saree and go pillion on a bike its their choice !
highwayblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 20:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I feel If people are stupid, and Die as a result of them willfully disobeying laws and not using devices put into place to protect them, they deserve to die.

I mean, why mess with evolution ?
</flamebait>
I agree. Let the authorities educate people on the dangers of riding pillion on 2-wheelers by sitting sideways, and with flowing/un-secured clothes. No use making a law out of it -- if they won't wear helmets (despite knowing the dangers), I bet they won't bother with this one.

Cavalier attitude? Yes. But I'm sure if you are 18 and can drive, you should be sensible enough to take care of yourself, to know what is good and what is bad. (That too, without a law having to be made out of common-sense things such as this.)

Maybe stupidity is nature's way of controlling the population. So be it.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 01:54   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Why is the suggestion impractical? Is it more practical to get people killed on a daily basis?

I personally think this is a good idea, but good ideas never get implemented here - there will be some political party that will want to capitalize on this and they will start agitations to protect Indian culture and the right of women to remain "decently dressed".

It will never get implemented, but at least someone had an open enough mind to suggest it.
Sir, do you expect middle aged women who have been wearing sarees for all their life to change to Salwar or jeans inorder to ride a two wheeler.please try to understand that it is not only difficult but impossible. Forget about political parties even a commoner will not agree to this nonsense rule.
rajivr1612 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 09:02   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Kerala High Court moots Banning Sarees on Two Wheelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Sir, do you expect middle aged women who have been wearing sarees for all their life to change to Salwar or jeans inorder to ride a two wheeler.please try to understand that it is not only difficult but impossible. Forget about political parties even a commoner will not agree to this nonsense rule.
Impossible is a strong word and for those adamant ones, yes, its impossible.
People should have the mentality to evolve, understand and join the flow. After all its for one's goodness.

And, by the way, is this rule another joke?

I see people without helmet, bikers on mobile, cars with sunfilm.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 10:26   #55
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Kerala High Court moots Banning Sarees on Two Wheelers

instead of all these rules how I wish the govt could find out and ban 'stupid' people from riding and driving. Almost 80% of the mango people wouldnt be able to drive and roads would be so safe!!! Wishful thinking

One cant really enforce a ban on what dress to wear when riding/driving. The saree guard is a good safety device for carrying saree clad women pillion, surprising to see its not enough safety for the honorable court
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 11:03   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Impossible is a strong word and for those adamant ones, yes, its impossible.
People should have the mentality to evolve, understand and join the flow.
Easy to say. Imagine some lady of my mother's age (55yrs) having to wear a Salwar inorder to be able sit as pillion on a bike. Do you expect at such an age " A mentality to evolve".
rajivr1612 is online now   Reply With Quote