Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 11th September 2011, 22:46   #421
BHPian

Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

@Sankar
Your posts are very encouraging and informative of what can be done to such a good bike i'd would love to see ur bike's recent pics. , pls put up some pics , if you dont mind , could u PM me your contact details

Got the parts installed on the bike.Run in started, did a 100 KM today and the bike feels fresh out of the showroom, with that fresh out of the showroom scent out of the engine.

Current plans :
Complete the run-in by next sunday, so that i can get down and dirty with Sankar's air filter mod & a TM30 flatside.

I need some advice regarding the jets.

I will put up the pics shortly..

Cheers,
Adi
adityasiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 01:28   #422
BHPian

here are some WIP pics
Attached Thumbnails
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc_0249.jpg  

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc_0255.jpg  

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc_0258.jpg  

My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-dsc_0259.jpg  

Old 14th September 2011, 03:32   #423
BHPian

All you need is a sticker! OH yes do us all proud you can do it more than anyoneelse because we all bank on you...hmmm more than one line, just get a sticker dude.
YaeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 12:39   #424
Senior - BHPian

Sankar

Thanks a lot for presenting your DIY in a very constructive way, it has inspired me to do some minor changes on my Karizma. I have already done the following changes

1. Changed OEM 35w bulb to 55w OSRAM COOL BLUE, visibility has improved
2. Removed the stock saree guard as I dont have a lady pillion rider
3. Removed the sporty cowl becoz it was getting damaged riding over the small mountains(humps) on Bangalore roads
4. Removed the fairings, to replicate your work using stock headlight
5. Changed the rear tyre to CEAT Vertigo Sport, costed Rs.1700/-
6. For side indicators I am planning to use after market side mirrors with indicators

Any suggestions from fellow members is welcome

The bike is in this condition currently.
Attached Thumbnails
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-img086.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 15th September 2011 at 12:40. Reason: Edit
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 19:45   #425
BHPian

200 KM update on the new bore

Did the FE run today on the zma, she is doing around 42 in city riding condition.. I am pleasantly surprised at this result, as it is brand new bore.. ( yes i have been very slow 50-60 max)..

>removed the Karizma R underbelly (want to put the small one from Apache RTR)
>Bikes running on a 130/80 *18 Ceat on the rear

Bike is running on Elf moto4 Gold, plan to change it at 1000kms and switch to Motul full synth

Last edited by adityasiera : 15th September 2011 at 19:49.
Old 15th September 2011, 19:58   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
@Sankar
Your posts are very encouraging and informative of what can be done to such a good bike i'd would love to see ur bike's recent pics. , pls put up some pics , if you dont mind , could u PM me your contact details
Thanks aditya. If i had the bike then i would've definitely updated this thread, but i don't have the bike anymore. The bike had to be sold.

Quote:
Current plans :
Complete the run-in by next sunday, so that i can get down and dirty with Sankar's air filter mod & a TM30 flatside.
The flatslide is worth it if you can get it dialled in properly. Once you get used to it you will never go back to stock carb.

Quote:
I need some advice regarding the jets.

I will put up the pics shortly..

Cheers,
Adi
Don't go too high, one to two step larger is all thats required. Same for the pilot jet (if you need to change it). Jets R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Sankar

Thanks a lot for presenting your DIY in a very constructive way, it has inspired me to do some minor changes on my Karizma. I have already done the following changes

3. Removed the sporty cowl becoz it was getting damaged riding over the small mountains(humps) on Bangalore roads
6. For side indicators I am planning to use after market side mirrors with indicators

The rexine cover on the fueltank. It could trap water in between and start rusting. Hows Ceat Vertigo?
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 20:09   #427
Senior - BHPian

Sankar i am sure you know that i have always been a fan of your threads. let me give you a view on Vertigo sport, it is awsome.:P
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 20:35   #428
Senior - BHPian

Sankar,

The road grip is excellent with the new tyre, the road i use for daily commuting to office has lot of rough patches these new tyres have made a difference.
Old 15th September 2011, 22:55   #429
BHPian

Quote:

deehunk: have a go at the yezdi roadking headlamp. it looks awesome on a naked ZMA. my shogun is currently running the same setup.

Aftermarket mirrors with mounted indicators may not be the best bet with bang-a-whore traffic ask your local mech for the kan pattis(thats what it is called in hyd) and you can mount the Zma rear indicators to it.

I second Sankar's opinion about the rexin cover. switch to a tankpad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Thanks aditya. If i had the bike then i would've definitely updated this thread, but i don't have the bike anymore. The bike had to be sold.
Sankar,
Thanks a ton for the advice. What happened to your ZMA ? what are you riding now?? After the project zma started for me, i did a lot of research, and it seems this is the best place for home DIY project.

This thread has the potential of being a DIY bible for india's one of the most loved touring machines ( i though want to have a cafe racer look to my zma).

Last edited by adityasiera : 15th September 2011 at 23:11.
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 09:38   #430
Senior - BHPian

Aditya, thanks for the suggestions, you have told what is there in my mind also, will do the same for sure, also will replace the tank cover
Old 16th September 2011, 10:03   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Sankar i am sure you know that i have always been a fan of your threads. let me give you a view on Vertigo sport, it is awsome.:P
Quote:
Sankar,

The road grip is excellent with the new tyre, the road i use for daily commuting to office has lot of rough patches these new tyres have made a difference.
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Sankar,
Thanks a ton for the advice. What happened to your ZMA ? what are you riding now?? After the project zma started for me, i did a lot of research, and it seems this is the best place for home DIY project.

This thread has the potential of being a DIY bible for india's one of the most loved touring machines ( i though want to have a cafe racer look to my zma).
I'm not riding a twowheeler anymore because i can't ride. The Karizma had to be sold off after extensive repairs since i met with a serious road accident while riding it. The bike was repaired back to its prime condition, but can't say the same about me.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 12:43   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Cool!

I'm not riding a twowheeler anymore because i can't ride. The Karizma had to be sold off after extensive repairs since i met with a serious road accident while riding it. The bike was repaired back to its prime condition, but can't say the same about me.
i am sure you will be fine even after this unfortunate happening in life. as you said once that you have non-stock disorder same is here with me and i can certainly tell that you can achive the non satisfaction in the 4 wheelers aswell and your suggestions are always welcome when itcomes to 2 wheels.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:54   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
i am sure you will be fine even after this unfortunate happening in life. as you said once that you have non-stock disorder same is here with me and i can certainly tell that you can achive the non satisfaction in the 4 wheelers aswell and your suggestions are always welcome when itcomes to 2 wheels.
I hope so man! Speaking about non-stock disorder i guess it came true for me too (got some extra fittings now inside me)
Thanks for the support
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 13:54   #434
BHPian

Post Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

Quote:
2. Removed the stock saree guard
Hi deehunk, can you please elaborate as to how you went about it?

I've tried many a times to remove it myself but it's been in vain. The guy's at a local mechanic shop deny to carry out such petty work!
tejus.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 18:41   #435
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the picture, am in office and no bike with me today, so used the picture from this thread itself, remove the bolts which I have mentioned, saree guard will come off.
Attached Thumbnails
My Karizma Mods & Ideas!-saree-guard-removal.jpg