Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 17:32   #466
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,554 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Hmmm, P220 chain is an o-ring chain, isnt it? One can get new ZMA front sprockets for ~65rs or so.

How much did the P220 sprocket kit cost you?
Yes its O ring chain.(currently i am using Zma chain with pulsar sprocket)
I had to purchase the complete chain set for 1100 bucks,as OEM bajaj parts arent sold separately.Also i would need 2 extra links,and for that i would have to get another chain
akshay4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 18:04   #467
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,584
Thanked: 2,784 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

You could have added couple of link locks. I heard it works fine
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 11:29   #468
Senior - BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,052
Thanked: 769 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

Spark plug photos from yesterday below

1st photo - Iridium spark plug after removal
2nd an 3rd photo - Iridium spark plug - Side/Center electrode white color after removal
4th and 5th photo - Stock NGK Spark plug after removal

Bike is running fine since yesterday morning with Iridium spark plug.
Attached Images
     
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 20:37   #469
BHPian
 
adityasiera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 262
Thanked: 240 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Spark plug photos from yesterday below

1st photo - Iridium spark plug after removal
2nd an 3rd photo - Iridium spark plug - Side/Center electrode white color after removal
4th and 5th photo - Stock NGK Spark plug after removal

Bike is running fine since yesterday morning with Iridium spark plug.
The last two pic, show your bike running fine..
adityasiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 05:31   #470
BHPian
 
adityasiera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 262
Thanked: 240 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

2000 KM update..
Bike was running fine till yesterday.. all of a sudden it lost compression, culprit was a bent valve(i thought i bought OEM HH products :( ) in the process changed the camshaft, rocker arms and valve guides. set me back by more than 2grands :(

On the cafe racer front: Ran the bike without any plastic at the rear.. (looks neat to me)..
Need to figure out a way to hide the wirings beneath the seat.

heres a pic of the naked rear

adityasiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 08:01   #471
Senior - BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,052
Thanked: 769 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

The bike is running fine, easily reaches a speed of 125 kmph as compared earlier, have to try out on NICE road. Some issues still are cold start in the morning, vibrations between speeds of 80 to 100 kmph. The resonator box was removed when K&N filter was installed, thinking of fitting it back. My neighbor's son damaged my FZ Headlight courtesy his volleyball skills so had to fit back the fairing.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 09:24   #472
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 468 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

I suggest putting the plastics back for the time being! Its no fun trying to start the bike in the parking lot after a hard day just to realize that some nut stole the CDI!! Ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
2000 KM update..
Bike was running fine till yesterday.. all of a sudden it lost compression, culprit was a bent valve(i thought i bought OEM HH products :( ) in the process changed the camshaft, rocker arms and valve guides. set me back by more than 2grands :(

On the cafe racer front: Ran the bike without any plastic at the rear.. (looks neat to me)..
Need to figure out a way to hide the wirings beneath the seat.

heres a pic of the naked rear

james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 16:00   #473
BHPian
 
adityasiera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 262
Thanked: 240 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

Absolutely.. and these things are hard to get even after paying a bomb.. the RR unit is 1700 bucks :O.. so for the time being everything is put back..

I plan to fabricate a seat like this.
http://www.caferace.com/Merchant2/gr...imensions3.jpg

help in this ^^ regard.
adityasiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 13:34   #474
BHPian
 
adityasiera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 262
Thanked: 240 Times
Default

Sold the karizma as a starting deposit for my next ride...
adityasiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 11:27   #475
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 605
Thanked: 546 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

I just bought a ZMA and it has clocked about 700 kms now. I am planning to get a K&N Stock replacement filter for it. Is it worth buying one ??
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 12:03   #476
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I just bought a ZMA and it has clocked about 700 kms now. I am planning to get a K&N Stock replacement filter for it. Is it worth buying one ??
Cut out the paper element from the stock paper filter and put two layers of foam filter (like the UNI) there. I have used the pod and this mentioned mod in the Karizma and found that the mod worked better than the pod on the carb mouth. This mod is good for a stock Karizma and won't work well if there is a change in exhaust or carburetor.

Refer this page:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-ideas-11.html (My Karizma Mods & Ideas!)

Whats not in the pic is one long thin cable strands i put in a criss cross fashion from top to bottom on top of the filter by looping it through the raised plastic edges on top and bottom after making tiny holes in it. I guess i forgot to put the pics of that change. It was done to hold the foam in place.

Last edited by Sankar : 21st February 2013 at 12:12.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 21:19   #477
BHPian
 
Manoj2268's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 183
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Cut out the paper element from the stock paper filter and put two layers of foam filter (like the UNI) there. I have used the pod and this mentioned mod in the Karizma and found that the mod worked better than the pod on the carb mouth. This mod is good for a stock Karizma and won't work well if there is a change in exhaust or carburetor.

Refer this page:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-ideas-11.html (My Karizma Mods & Ideas!)

Whats not in the pic is one long thin cable strands i put in a criss cross fashion from top to bottom on top of the filter by looping it through the raised plastic edges on top and bottom after making tiny holes in it. I guess i forgot to put the pics of that change. It was done to hold the foam in place.
Hi Sankar. When you fitted the P200 bars, did you drill additional holes for the switchgear or you used the existing holes? And, do we need to get a longer clutch cable? My karizma's defaired with no speedo..
Manoj2268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 09:18   #478
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Hi Sankar. When you fitted the P200 bars, did you drill additional holes for the switchgear or you used the existing holes? And, do we need to get a longer clutch cable? My karizma's defaired with no speedo..
I didn't drill the handle bar, i removed the projections under the switch gear. Even without that locating pin the switch gear didn't move.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2015, 15:10   #479
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

Sankar, I am looking out for a slightly larger main jet for the Karizma. It is running a 130 main currently but the AFR feels lean and the engine overheats after I replaced the Race Concepts free low with the stock exhaust. I think 132 or 135 should suffice but wasn't sure what to buy on Jetsrus.
satyamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 16:45   #480
BHPian
 
ARAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: WB 38
Posts: 199
Thanked: 870 Times
Default Re: My Karizma Mods & Ideas!

Fella teambhpians and fella Karizma owners/lovers
I own a 2012 model and it has done 10k till now , yes its pretty mint . I would start using it fairly soon for office commute . Im based out of hyderabad and I like to know if there is any one who could help me successfully add a rear disk brake . Cost would be on the higher side given the number of parts that would need change but any knowledgeable mechanic would be very help ful.
ARAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rumour: Hero Karizma, Karizma ZMR production stopped Aditya Motorbikes 45 21st November 2016 11:36
Ford Fiesta 1.6 - Ideas for mods HRT_FPV Modifications & Accessories 109 23rd August 2012 10:12
Karizma mods suggestions epijay Motorbikes 34 3rd February 2009 21:14
Some ideas how I want to do some mods to my M-800 chokxxi90210 Modifications & Accessories 1 21st March 2008 08:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks