Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 25th October 2008, 09:32   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Now I am wondering whether the bike will come with temp registration. All dealers will get the bike temp registered right prior to the real one right ?
That's dealer's temp registration, i doubt if the dealer would allow you to use that for a week.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 14:22   #257

Finally, some hands-on info about the FZ after all the brochure-based speculation! I should be getting my FZ in a week or so, and I'll be back with my $0.02 once it arrives.

@rranjith_kum: This information is a little dated, but when I bought my Pulsar a few years ago, the dealer took care of registration and the bike was delivered with the RC book. All I had to do was get the stickering done on the numberplates.
fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 14:35   #258
Senior - BHPian

Default FZ 16 Delivery woes....

We booked FZ16 on 19th of September and our booking number was 11(We wanted to be the 1st but because of the stupidity of the dealer employees, it was delayed) and the color booked was Orange. We were ready to pay a down payment of 40K and the rest we wanted from the Bussan Auto Finance(BAF). On the day of the booking the finance guy was not available and we were asked to come later.

Since there is lot of time for the deliveries to begin, I did not rush the things but still I visited the dealer again two more times and again the concerned person not available and I was asked to come again for the processing and to get the financing details.

Finally the date for deliveries(24th) was coming close, I visited the dealer on 23rd regarding the Financing. Again same thing, the concerned person not available. Finally a showroom executive gave me a rough calculation and EMIs and asked me to get the documents and submit, since it was already late in the evening I submitted the documents on 24th morning(guess what the finance guy still not available), the showroom executive being nice guy pushed the finance guy to process my loan application so that the bike can be delivered atleast by 25th evening.

The first lot of bikes have come and there were only two Orange bikes and after seeing the Orange one, most of them were eyeing the Orange one and few were ready to pay an extra 5k so that they get the Orange one instead of the Red one they booked. Sensing the situation we pestered the showroom guys to hold the Orange one for us as our's was the second Orange bike booked. We did not get a commitment from them.

Worst today in the afternoon, we were told very rudely by the sales incharge Mr. Venkatesh that the bike will only be delivered to us in the first week of November as the they have not recieved the Delivery Order from BAF. Even if the Delivery Order issued by the BAF by monday he said can only deliver us the bike in first week of November though there is another lot of bikes coming to their showroom tonight and it doesn't matter to him whether our booking number is 11!!!!

And the icing on the cake:
When we insisted that the delay in getting the finance approved is because of un-availabitly of the concerned person we got a shock of our life "You should be doing the follow-up more intensely"

Does it mean to him that the Customer Service means the customer provide service to the dealer??? Isnt the follow-up should be done by the dealrship folks.

Yamaha wants to change their Image but with such kind of people working with them I seriously doubt their Image will get better any time sooner.

Adding insult to the injury, the Contact Us option in the Yamaha India website is difficult to locate and even if one is successful in finding it, it doesn't work.

Does anyone have their contact info? We want to escalate this matter. I agree there was a delay from ourside in submitting the documents but how could they respond in such a un-professional manner.

PS: Earlier, I didn't go for the Gladiator and bought Suzuki Zeus because of the poor image of Yamaha in 2007. I was expecting a better approach from Yamaha dealers this time, I think they have a long way to go ahead.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 25th October 2008 at 14:36.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 15:07   #259

Angry

I am a little miffed at the sales guys at the dealer I booked my FZ through (Scarlet Yamaha, Mysore) myself.

The guy in question is a friend of a friend, so we were hopeful that the booking, albeit a little late, would result in the bike being delivered with the first batch. After I paid him five grand to book the bike, he told me that he would knock one of the people who'd booked the bike on the same day - this guy would be paying in installments, however - down a few places so that I would get my vehicle first. Approximate ETA was the 20th of October, he said.

When the time came, he said there was some delay in the bikes being shipped and that I would get it before today (25th October). When I went to the showroom yesterday, the director, a Mr. Pawar, informed me that they had been misled by Yamaha into thinking that there would be a large-scale rollout of bikes only to end up with a dozen or so units. So, now, the approximate ETA is November 3rd, and since I'll be out of town until the 10th, I'm not going to hold by breath this time.

I'm not sure if this has happened to other prospective buyers, but it doesn't sound too far fetched to be plausible, does it? All in all, the less I see of Scarlet Yamaha, the happier I will be.
Old 25th October 2008, 15:45   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

kkrk2: If i were you i would shout at them, cancel my booking with that dealership, get my booking amount refunded and buy the bike from another dealer. Dealers should understand the fact that Customer is the King, dpn't let any dealer take you for granted.

TVS dealer here at Tvm played a major role in making me change my mind and go in for the Karizma, and i am thankful to them

What's BAF? That's an indonesian bank isn't it? Bussan Auto Finance
Why don't you try an Indian bank/Finance institution? I got my bike financed by HDFC, and they processed the my application very fast and i find their service good.
Old 25th October 2008, 16:58   #261

I just got two text messages from Yamaha:

Quote:
Due to huge demand of FZ16,delivery period isbetween 4-6 weeks,we sincerely apologize for the delay.
and

Quote:
We are increasing the production to meet the demand.We are sure,the ownership experience of this Dream Machine will compensate for the waiting period.
It looks like I am going to have to grit my teeth and wait this out. The second message made me , literally.

@Sankar: BAF seems to be the demon spawn of an infernal threesome between Yamaha, Bussan Automotive Singapore Pte Ltd. (MITSUI), and Axis Bank. From the BAF India website:

Quote:
BAF India is a new finance company for Yamaha two wheeler customers.

BAF has been providing reliable and customer oriented services in South East Asian countries and now its Indian operation is established by the collaboration of Bussan Automotive Singapore Pte Ltd. ( MITSUI), Axis Bank and YAMAHA.
Old 25th October 2008, 20:07   #262
BHPian

Default FZ 16 First Drive !!!

Hi All,

The day has arrived finally I got my FZ 16 delivered, I got a phone call from my dealer that the load has arrived. I guess it took me less than 10mins to drive to my dealership from my factory. Its usually a 15-17mins drive !! but the relativity theory made me feel like that 10 mins was some sort of half an hour I had to dodge the traffic in my old battered CT 100 which our representative was previously using.
I looked at the 3 bikes standing. The manager greeted me, the sales girl or the office girl was equally excited, ofcourse I should confess I did like her looks but right now I didn't even take the privilege to gaze her.
I moved to my big black beauty. My close well wishers would be knowing that for the past 4 years I had been asking for a bike. Being the only son it made my argument bleak.
The manager prepared the necessary documents (Delivery challan).
I was near the bike and they handed over the keys after praying. My grand father collected the same and I took the keys from him.
I sat on the bike I felt great. We rushed to the temple after the initial pooja I headed to the petrol pump. I filled it to the brim 12.69 ltrs the meter read. I didnt notice till the payment that I had attracted a huge crowd I remember the same thing happened with my scooty pep(first batch delivery). The filling brought up a big queue behind me.
Kindly bear with the images quality I don't own a digi cam. Pics are from mobile phone.

@Fang : I too got the same messages from Yamaha. I thought its was too late or may be sent to a wrong recipient with a wicked smile I deleted the from my inbox.

I feel sorry for Kkr2kr: My dealer was very friendly I liked their service. The first to take delivery in Pollachi (Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu)
The registration will soon happen after the Diwali.
I just loved the sound of the bike dont know how much man hours Yamaha had put into acoustics of the canister but its very well done.
The ride is very stable. I would have loved better hand grips esp softer ones.

Mods I would be delighted to post the first ownership review too here itself as I am wondering whether it would need a new thread. I would be happy to hear from you one this regard.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-251020081639.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-251020081640.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-251020081641.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-251020081642.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-251020081643.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-251020081644.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-251020081645.jpg  

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 25th October 2008 at 20:19.
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 20:20   #263

Congratulations, Ranjit!

I think I might have spent the first night curled up right next to the bike (you can tell that I am a tad excited, can't you?)

We look forward to a more detailed report as you add more miles to the bike's odo. Congratulations once again, and happy biking.
Old 25th October 2008, 20:34   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Congratulations, Ranjit!

I think I might have spent the first night curled up right next to the bike (you can tell that I am a tad excited, can't you?)

We look forward to a more detailed report as you add more miles to the bike's odo. Congratulations once again, and happy biking.
Fang : Thanks a ton !!! I wanted to park the bike right next to my bed in my room. But due to bad whether over here and strict cleanliness which my parents demand I left it near my car that to you can see I parked in the inner side and leaving the car to get all the drizzling from the other side. Right now I am trying hard wiping and getting all the mud and dirt out of my bike.

I feel the bike falls into false neutral, its bit of worrying me.

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 25th October 2008 at 20:36.
Old 25th October 2008, 20:52   #265

Default Problems apparent already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
I feel the bike falls into false neutral, its bit of worrying me.
IIRC, you had the same impression when you took an FZ16 out on a test ride. Does anyone else have any info on the false-neutral concern?
Old 25th October 2008, 22:16   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Ranjit! Lemme remind you that you're the first owner to post the pics of his FZ16 in Tbhp! Waiting for better pics and ownership reports!
Old 25th October 2008, 22:49   #267
BHPian

Ranjith, congrats bro, you own the hottest 150 in town!
I got to ride the FZ 16 today.
The initial response is sweet, clutch is very light( i ride a p180 he he, anything feels light after that i guess), excellent braking(270mm rotor does help).
On the downside, the pillion seat is a pathetic excuse for one and I found the display quite hard to read( rode it in daytime).
bmw_m5_titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 02:09   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. What is this YRCS that I see?

Please go ahead and start a new thread with your review.

Pics are quite terrible actually. You don't need a great camera or anything, just take pictures in bright sunlight with the sun behind you it will be fine.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 11:54   #269
BHPian

Thanks a lot. I am preparing a nice writeup and dont worry its with a pictures taken in the day light. Kindly forgive my terrible pictures in my previous post as they where taken late evening.
Old 26th October 2008, 12:32   #270
Senior - BHPian

Everyone who says that the FZ16 instruments are not visible in dayligth, I think the dealers disconnet the instrument panel for test rides, normal owners don't have that complaint. It seems the colour is black with yellow background, so must be fine even at noon.
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote