Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th October 2008, 13:24   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Everyone who says that the FZ16 instruments are not visible in dayligth, I think the dealers disconnet the instrument panel for test rides, normal owners don't have that complaint. It seems the colour is black with yellow background, so must be fine even at noon.
Its actually orange background

@MPower: I think the YRCS is the throttle position sensor that the bike claims to be using, I dont know the exact acronym maybe its Yamaha Racing Throttle Control System, avoiding conflict with Apache RTR.
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 14:59   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
The day has arrived finally I got my FZ 16 delivered
Congrats Ranjith, Welcome to the club.
My dealer has registered the bike, but the papers are yet to come thru. I should be getting it on 28th. The bike has lived up to the promise i must say.

Were you able to sort out the false neutral issue? Compared to my CBZ, the gear shift is a bit notchy (but of course this is a new bike whereas my CBZ is nearly 8 yrs )

Happy Riding.
uday.ere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 23:46   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Congrats Ranjith, Welcome to the club.

Were you able to sort out the false neutral issue? Compared to my CBZ, the gear shift is a bit notchy
Happy Riding.
Hi yeah the false neutral seems to be matter of low RPM and I too feel the bike's gear shift is bit notchy but likewise I too thought the run in period will make it function smoother.
I am worried about the lubrication in my chain and sprocket. It seems to lack lubricant esp in our case with no saree guard this thing seems to bother me.

And wish you too Happy Riding !!!
Old 27th October 2008, 19:08   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats on your new ride. What is this YRCS that I see?
YRCS is "Yamaha Ram Air Cooling System". Fuel tank shroud that extend downward has fins that will direct the airflow onto the cylinder head. The black thingy is a shroud that channel air to the spark plug.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 19:34   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
YRCS is "Yamaha Ram Air Cooling System". Fuel tank shroud that extend downward has fins that will direct the airflow onto the cylinder head. The black thingy is a shroud that channel air to the spark plug.
Wow !! I just now realised that !! it is really some thing I didn't even have a faintest idea about

The fins though look very feeble
Old 28th October 2008, 08:33   #276
Senior - BHPian

Default delivery woes continue... part2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
We booked FZ16 on 19th of September and our booking number was 11....
More surprises were in store for us! Dumbly we were expecting the sales incharge's attitude towards customers would improve, they proved us wrong!!

Our finance processing was done by the quick action from the finance guy(though the action came be bit late). But according to the sales the incharge, they got only two orange coloured bikes(of the 20 bikes they got) while our's was third booking for Orange(our booking number is 11) so we will be delivered the bike when the orange one comes in(saturday they got another batch of bikes in which they seem to not got any orange coloured one) which they dont know when they will get one.

When we asked them how come they did not order the bikes according to the list of the colours which have been booked, the sales incharge claimed that the bikes are sent to them by Yamaha randomly, which we refused to believe. A friend who was accompanying me is working with a major auto manufacturer with his experience said the PPC folks at the manufacturer plan the bikes according to the requirement and the vehicles would be delivered as per the requirements so when we asked the same why this was not the case with Yamaha and we would talk to the Yamaha folks the sales incharge(Mr. Venkatesh) said "evvanikaina chepuko, evvanthonaina matladuko..." it means "whom ever you want go and say to them, whom ever you want go and talk to them" in a very unpolite/disrespectfull manner. There were many instances when they were shouting or talking in unpolite manner at us while its normally the customers who would be doing that.

Its unfortunate that there is no simple way we could take this matter to the Yamaha India. While we were searching for the contact info, we came across a senior person(MD) in Yamaha Motor Solutions(IT division of Yamaha) who promised us to get this matter across to all the people concerned with Sales at Yamaha. I should say a gentle man he is.

Lets hope we get the bike delivered to us in a week atleast. We dont want to wait longer thats why we dont intend to change the dealership but one thing for sure, we would not be taking the bike for servicing with them.

PS: BTW, do we have any team-bhp PDI check list for the bikes like we have for the cars?
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 15:55   #277
BHPian

KKR2k2 : I really feel sorry for you man !! I just dont understand why some people are so rude and hurt others feelings they just dont have respect for others, as a soft hearted fellow myself I just can understand how it feels to be on the receiving part.

Hope you get your dream bike soon and join me in strengthening the FZ ownership thread !!
Old 29th October 2008, 10:46   #278
BHPian

A question for those who have booked/got the FZ-16...How much time does it take after booking the bike to get the booking ID via SMS?
Hells_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 12:07   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
A question for those who have booked/got the FZ-16...How much time does it take after booking the bike to get the booking ID via SMS?
It took 10 days when I booked the bike (booked on 20/09 and SMS came through on 30/09). Got the bike on 24/10.
Old 29th October 2008, 12:15   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
When we asked them how come they did not order the bikes according to the list of the colours which have been booked, the sales incharge claimed that the bikes are sent to them by Yamaha randomly, which we refused to believe.
You are right kkr2k2, the bikes are despatched based on the colors booked by a particular dealer. After reading your post, I specifically checked with my dealer and he categorically said that the bikes are NOT sent in randomly.
But I do know that people who have made full payments are given preference over those who have made part payments irrespective of the booking ID.
Hope you get your bike soon. Good Luck
Old 29th October 2008, 12:41   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Well I booked on 25 Sept and got it on 25 Oct, I got my booking Id sms on 30 Sept.

Uday bro : Are facing problems with false neutral ?
Old 29th October 2008, 13:15   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right kkr2k2, the bikes are despatched based on the colors booked by a particular dealer. After reading your post, I specifically checked with my dealer and he categorically said that the bikes are NOT sent in randomly.
But I do know that people who have made full payments are given preference over those who have made part payments irrespective of the booking ID.
Hope you get your bike soon. Good Luck
Thanks alot Uday, this peice of information will definitely add up to the list of my weapons to gun down the stupid sales incharge.

I am sending a mail to Yamaha people today, lets see how fast they can deliver the bike of the desired color.

Raj.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 13:30   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Uday bro : Are facing problems with false neutral ?
Yep Ranjith..but it seems to be a low rpm issue like you mentioned earlier. Every ride seems to be improving my FZ driving skills .

Have you also been subjected to various queries?
- is this the 1.2 lakh bike? does the petrol tank hold 17 liters? what bhp? and almost every single guy that questioned me wanted to know the mileage..could be reason why we still dont have big cc bikes being considered in India.
Old 29th October 2008, 15:21   #284
BHPian

Quote:
It took 10 days when I booked the bike (booked on 20/09 and SMS came through on 30/09). Got the bike on 24/10.
Quote:
Well I booked on 25 Sept and got it on 25 Oct, I got my booking Id sms on 30 Sept.
Thanks for the info...I booked one yesterday.
Hells_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 17:07   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info...I booked one yesterday.
Congrats man..which dealer have you booked it from and how many days have they asked you to wait? Follow up with them constantly, otherwise you may end up waiting a lot more than necessary.