Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 29th October 2008, 20:46   #286
BHPian

Booked it at Pacer Motors. They have said that I'll get delivery after 30 days, but I will definitely keep following up.
Hells_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 14:49   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Thanks for the info...I booked one yesterday.
Welcome to Yamaha !!!
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 16:35   #288
BHPian

The much awaited FZ-16 roadtest by www.zigwheels.com is now available on the website. Check it out.
wanderlustindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 20:26   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Welcome to Yamaha !!!
This will be my second Yamaha actually...I had a YBX125 earlier.
Hells_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 20:44   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
The much awaited FZ-16 roadtest by Buy New Cars,Used Cars, Sell Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com is now available on the website. Check it out.
In this road test report they have got a FE of 58 in city and 66 on highways and an overall of 60. If this is true it would be great but I am not sure how they got such good fuel efficiency?
uday.ere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 10:40   #291
BHPian

spotted the black one today near my college.bike looks stunning in flesh. forgive me for the pics.i only had my mobile camera that time.feeling the tank of the bike,it does look plastic. the owner said it vibrates a bit at higher speeds.although his bike is a few days old,he has been ripping it from the first day itself.i asked him not to do so since he has a beauty and should take care of it.but i seriously doubt he is going to bother about what i said.some people have all the luck but no love for their machines.i felt really pity for the bike.

Last edited by Mpower : 3rd November 2008 at 22:23. Reason: await the better pics
pulsarmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:45   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
spotted the black one today near my college.bike looks stunning in flesh. forgive me for the pics.i only had my mobile camera that time.feeling the tank of the bike,it does look plastic. the owner said it vibrates a bit at higher speeds.although his bike is a few days old,he has been ripping it from the first day itself.i asked him not to do so since he has a beauty and should take care of it.but i seriously doubt he is going to bother about what i said.some people have all the luck but no love for their machines.i felt really pity for the bike.
Doesnt the bike come with a crash guard?
Just wondering as I thought that was a mandatory item on all Indian bikes (I might be wrong on that) like the saree guard.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:00   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Doesnt the bike come with a crash guard?
Just wondering as I thought that was a mandatory item on all Indian bikes (I might be wrong on that) like the saree guard.

So where does Karizma stand on this regard since 5 Years ( 2003-2008)
vittalnrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:12   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Today i came to know that an old friend of mine had bought the FZ16 in orange colour. Bur something unfortunate happened to his bike. He had a Pulsar180 previously, equipped with a security system with remote control. When he sold the pulsar he had retained this and yesterday he asked his auto electrician (not an authorised guy) to install the security system on to his brand new 450km old FZ16. The electrician screwed up the install and as a result the CDI of the FZ16 conked off! Now the bike is at dealer's service center awaiting a replacement CDI.

I shall let you guys know if he manages to get a warranty replacement of the CDI
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:15   #295
Senior - BHPian

Hello All

I have a small question for you all regarding this FZ 16. I saw the bike recently in flesh and should admit that i was very impressed. However, i have the following concern. Im a little short in stature (5'1'') and im finding the seating height a little too high for my comfort. I realize this is probably one bike which is compartively lower to the others in the segment, but this one reason is making me think twice about putting my money down on this bike. I have a RX135 currently and i dont have much issues with regards to the height of seating position. I know my issue is a little strange and i would appreciate if there is any way to lower the seat height by around an inch or two? Does reworking the seat cushions will help me or what are the other alternatives i have for this purpose? I would appreciate any help you can provide me with this. Thank you.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 22:55   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

bala80, re-upholstering the seat could give a reduction of upto and inch or two in saddle height.

and

It is possible to slide the front forks up through the T stem since the FZ sports the 'pinch' type upper and lower T stems. This could lower the height by an additional inch. But bear in mind that the front rake would become steeper.

FZ is pretty low, try the bike once it may be perfect in it's stock form.
Old 8th November 2008, 15:07   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

I got to ride my buddy's new FZ16 today. The first thing i noticed during the ride is that the bike feels well planted and very surefooted! The exhaust sound is okayish not throaty or exciting. The feel good factor is definitely there about this bike! It is an eyeball magnet!

Since the bike had done only 429kms on the clock i was prohibited from giving it the stick :P So i cannot gauge any mid or top end performance of the machine. Low end has enough grunt and feels torquey for a 150cc engine. It's the mid to top that i would really like to gauge. Riding position is a bit strange with upper body forward (not like crouching) kind of seating, but it is not uncomfortable.

This is the same machine that i had mentioned which busted it's CDI due to a wiring fault while trying to install a security system. He got it replaced, but had to pay for the CDI kit costing around INR 1300 change.

Here are a few pics of the lovely Orange machine.

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-dsc00147.jpg

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-dsc00149.jpg

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-dsc00150.jpg

The LCD meter console. The LCD RPM indicator graph is not as responsive like a dial and needle setup and feels lethargic.
Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-dsc00151.jpg

Yamaha FZ16 Launched @65K-dsc00152.jpg
Old 8th November 2008, 18:24   #298
BHPian

Your friend has the front number plate fixed !! I just hate that place you know I haven't fixed it yet I think I will get it stickered on the front
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 11:22   #299
BHPian

Thumbs up Test Ride

Went to Paras Yamaha yesterday to collect my RC book and saw a test ride bike sitting outside the showroom, spoke to the salesman for the test ride and sat on the bike (the salesmen look very uninterested, as usual), after 5 mins of pestering him the keys arrived.
After me starting the bike the salesman got busy somewhere else, taking advantage of this i took the bike left towards Spencer Plaza took a u-turn and rode straight down mount road and then took another u-turn below Gemini flyover and then back to the showroom, when i went back the watchman geeted me cause he thought i stole the bike and he then told me the test ride was only permitted in the parking lot of the showroom (hardly a distance of 15mts).

The bike felt very good, got used to it the moment i started riding, very easy to manouver and corner. Hated the console (looks good only when lit). The gearbox felt very good. The tyres are overkill. In short a very good street bike for our roads.
xtremeshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 16:08   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I am sending a mail to Yamaha people today, lets see how fast they can deliver the bike of the desired color.

Raj.
Raj buddy, were you able to get your bike eventually? One of my colleagues who had booked a week before me got his bike delivered only yesterday - even he was harassed by the dealer (Orion Motors - Blr) and given flimsy excuses for the delay.
uday.ere is offline   Reply With Quote