Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 21st November 2008, 11:02   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Raj buddy, were you able to get your bike eventually? One of my colleagues who had booked a week before me got his bike delivered only yesterday - even he was harassed by the dealer (Orion Motors - Blr) and given flimsy excuses for the delay.
yes uday, we got our bike delivered on 7th Nov after the BAF people warned the dealer, if they dont deliver the bike by 0th Nov, the loan would become void and they have to rub their everything to explian to the Yamaha(Oh I also used the name of a Sales and Marketing Head at yamaha motors india).

I got to know that they got bike arranged from another bike dealer. But I feel that they gave us a vehicle which was damaged in transit. There was a deep scratch on the left tank panel and after making lot of noise they changed it taken from another bike which arrived five days later.

I also noticed when driven straight on highway, the bikes tends to steer right. Initially I thought, its just my perception because my suzuki zeus' steers towards left(fork bent slightly). But my friend and another rode the bike and confirmed with out me asking them, that the bike tends to steer towards right. Now I feel that the bike might have been damaged during transit or it was damaged at the dealer.

Also the noise coming from the front disk is a bit on higher side though its not squeeky noise. How is the sounds in your bikes or your friend's bike.

Right now I am out of town, I will be back in city on Sunday or Monday. I shall take up the things seriously on Monday.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 11:47   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I got to know that they got bike arranged from another bike dealer. But I feel that they gave us a vehicle which was damaged in transit. There was a deep scratch on the left tank panel and after making lot of noise they changed it taken from another bike which arrived five days later.

Also the noise coming from the front disk is a bit on higher side though its not squeeky noise. How is the sounds in your bikes or your friend's bike.

Right now I am out of town, I will be back in city on Sunday or Monday. I shall take up the things seriously on Monday.
Man, this kind of callous attitude by the dealers will erode all the +ves that the bike has. Suggest you approach the consumer forum to get a replacement bike. Such dealers need a kick in the right place to get their act together.
Regarding the noise from the disc brake - even I felt that it was on the higher side. Will be going on Monday for the 1st service, will check with them on this, otherwise the bike has been excellent. I am getting around 35-36kmpl.
uday.ere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 19:00   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
.....I am getting around 35-36kmpl.
Thats a bit on the lower side. We filled 8 liters in all(morons gave us a bike with so little petrol that we could go only 0.5km). Done 210km, yet to hit the reserve. Looking at the things, i expect another 60km. So around 45kmpl is what i am expecting. You better check your riding habits or with the service guys.

Also we felt the gears were a bit rough, so took it to the service guys, he did a small adjustment with the clutch lever and wire and lo a considerable improvement in the gears change and a slight improvement in the pickup.
Old 25th November 2008, 10:28   #304
BHPian

Quote:
So around 45kmpl is what i am expecting. You better check your riding habits or with the service guys.
Actually it was an arithmatic error on my part - the fe is more like 43.33. Will check again using the tankfull to tankfull method.

Quote:
Also we felt the gears were a bit rough, so took it to the service guys, he did a small adjustment with the clutch lever and wire and lo a considerable improvement in the gears change and a slight improvement in the pickup.
I too had that gear change issue but, one of my colleauges (psycho on the forum) sorted it out almost immediately after a small TD. I guess this is a common complaint as well.
Old 25th November 2008, 21:03   #305
BHPian

I saw a malfunction light on FZ 16 instrument panel , what is the real purpose of if ?
Moby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 23:14   #306
BHPian

WOW!
I am away for a month and i see Fz16's everywhere at bangalore, Mysore, Chennai. It must be selling like a HOT CAKE.

I don't know about other locations, but in Bangalore i am seeing loads of FZ16's. Just today on my way back from work i must have seen atleast 10bike in and around southend circle.

It must be doing good.

ps. Can anyone have correct info on bike sales figures. If genuine kindly do share.
rajchetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 12:08   #307
BHPian

I saw a few FZ16 in Pacer Motors, Bangalore! Boy, it looks macho!

The rear tire is the most impressive - It is much better than how it appears in photos. The build quality is very impressive too.

The tacho was a big let down :-( - Doesn't do justice to the bike at all. The graphics in the instrumentation console seems to be tad amateurish. Who cares though? :-) - everyone will be looking at the bike while only the driver will look at the console!

Red and Orange look better than Black!
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 18:37   #308
Senior - BHPian

Just an update, the reserve to reserve fuel efficiency was 56kmpl. Mind you the bike is still in run-in period, that is no ripping at all. We will do more such trials before and after run-in and come to a conclusion on FE numbers.

Raj.
Old 1st December 2008, 19:17   #309
BHPian

Hi, How much does it exactly cost on road in Bangalore?
Too good of a bike for us Guys..
jayakumarkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 17:39   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Booked it at Pacer Motors. They have said that I'll get delivery after 30 days, but I will definitely keep following up.
So did you get the bike? where have you put the front number plate? I saw a couple of bikes with the number written on the black matt part above the headlight - seems to be a good solution.
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:21   #311
BHPian

@jayakumarp - 75k On-Road.

@ uday - Yeah got the bike on Monday, 1st Dec. Was actually out of town for a while or else I could have gotten it 1-1.5 weeks earlier since the guys at Pacer were ready to deliver it then itself.
Currently the number plate is at the stock location itself. Will have to figure out what to do later. Is the number really legible if painted onto the black matte part? And where is your front number plate currently? Have you removed the saree guard?
Hells_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 23:48   #312
FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
140/60.....well its not the '140' that I'm worried about, its the '60' that worries me! Such a low profile will translate into more rim bends/comfort/etc! But thats all speculation, lets really see how it feels on road.

With the kind of audience that Yammy seems to be interested in targeting, I don't think we should expect it to be too much of a fire breather. We have its cousin the R15 to do all the fire breathing.
My FZ6 has a 180/55 rear radial tire so 140/60 is not a issue. Radial tires have sturdy side walls so that helps too.
FZ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 09:59   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Is the number really legible if painted onto the black matte part? And where is your front number plate currently? Have you removed the saree guard?
Congrats on the new bike :-)
The number is legible when stickered on the black matte part, but the sticker seems to peel off (not sure if this because of the finishing). I havent fiddled with the number plate as of now - still in stock location. and No i wont be removing the saree guard.
Old 7th January 2009, 12:38   #314
BANNED

i have seen pics of FZ with leg guard so they are available.
Mindgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 14:48   #315
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Found this article, Its shows that yamaha have actually hit the sweet spot. Just imagin 16% growth with bikes costing min 73k, its a huge revenue increase..

Keep it going guys. At last Yamaha seems to be taking india seriously. Yamaha's gain seems to be Bajaj's Loss. Thats why Bajaj's sales have come down from 2lac per month to 1lac per month.

(At a time when auto makers are looking at downsizing production and sales targets in world markets, Japanese two-wheeler maker, Yamaha, is increasing production in India and plans to focus on the domestic market as its priority.

The company has seen a turnaround in demand for its bikes with the launch of two new models last year. Despite the on-road prices of the two new models R15 and FZ16 being on the premium side, ranging from Rs 76,000 to Rs 1.15 lakh, its total sales have grown by more than 16 per cent during the April-November period.

As of, over 70 per cent of Yamaha Indias sales at 98,394 units as of November-end, constitute of the two models, with 80 per cent of the buyers being Bajajs Pulsar customers.)

Media Coverage :: SIAM.

Mod's:If you find the post can be moved to a more appropriate tread please do it.
rajchetan is offline   Reply With Quote