Old 17th January 2009, 16:21   #316
BHPian

check this out guys
FZ16 Special Website - India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd. -
pulsarmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 15:14   #317
BHPian

Thumbs up Yamaha FZ - S

I've not been fond of Indian bikes lately, since nothing substantial came to my biking choices, after the CBZ or Karizma models.
But then, I suddenly came across the Yam R15 and FZ16 launches.. Damn! I was amazed at the effort and craftsmanship put in by Yamaha this time for the Indian market.
Here's another addition, I just saw today, and thought I'd share if not present already.
The Yamaha FZ-S is launched! Priced at Rs. 67000, it's pretty much the FZ16 however, with better graphics, a sportier small fairing and a bit modified headlamp space.

Cheers Yamaha!!

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th March 2009 at 17:44. Reason: search please and continue in the existing thread
jsmonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 01:44   #318
BHPian

Yeah I saw the picture on the web, but would be looking out to the bike in real.
The Gladiator style red and grey combination is just awesome !! but I would have been happier if it was just the color thing. The so called additions is so sick
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 04:56   #319

[quote=jsmonu;1198778]I've not been fond of Indian bikes lately, since nothing substantial came to my biking choices, after the CBZ or Karizma models.
But then, I suddenly came across the Yam R15 and FZ16 launches.. Damn! I was amazed at the effort and craftsmanship put in by Yamaha this time for the Indian market.
Here's another addition, I just saw today, and thought I'd share if not present already.
The Yamaha FZ-S is launched! Priced at Rs. 67000, it's pretty much the FZ16 however, with better graphics, a sportier small fairing and a bit modified headlamp space.

Cheers Yamaha!!

Hi,

Is there a Link to some pics of this new edition, I am gonna book my FZ today.. and was wondering If I could have a look before I go for the current lineup.

Thank you,
tushar1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 05:13   #320

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Yeah I saw the picture on the web, but would be looking out to the bike in real.
The Gladiator style red and grey combination is just awesome !! but I would have been happier if it was just the color thing. The so called additions is so sick
Found this on the internet today.... seems geniune enough. Yamaha FZ-S Review, Yamaha FZ-S Price Quote , Finance Yamaha FZ-S , Comparison, Insurance - Automotive at MaxAbout.com

Am in a big dilemma guys. Now what do I do? was planning on booking the FZ 16 this morning
Old 5th March 2009, 12:13   #321
BHPian

Smile Choice

Quote:

Am in a big dilemma guys. Now what do I do? was planning on booking the FZ 16 this morning
IMO, since there's not much difference engine wise, but neither is the pricing any costlier, then why not go with the FZ-s only! You'll be the "new one around"

However, that is the case if you only wish to go for a Yam FZ model
As for pics, you could find some on my page too HERE

Best of luck with your purchase!
Jas.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:24   #322
BHPian

IMO, FZS16 is a good buy than FZ16 for that little extra cost. The Black & Yellow bike looks really cool.
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 05:15   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonu View Post
IMO, since there's not much difference engine wise, but neither is the pricing any costlier, then why not go with the FZ-s only! You'll be the "new one around"

However, that is the case if you only wish to go for a Yam FZ model
As for pics, you could find some on my page too HERE

Best of luck with your purchase!
Jas.
Just went to a couple of Yamaha showrooms yesterday. one guy informed me that the FZ-S will take another 3-4 months to be delivered. the other showroom informed me that it wouldn't be here any earlier than the year end All they were interested in were to make a sale, and pushed me in booking the FZ 16. Am gonna wait an watch. Lets see if Yam releases some official info on the availability of this breed.

I'd rather wait for Yam to release some more colour combos with the FZ-S, not too impressed with the Silver-red. Yello black looks good though.

IMAO, the so called "Wind sheild" looks more like a "TIARA" , and would look better on a Scooty PEP... the whole idea with the FZ was the naked butch look, and some how the "TIARA" makes it look girly.

If only they had considered making a 200/250 Cc FZ (with FI ofcourse). Would run if I had to, to the showroom and book one.

Thanks for the advice guys!
Old 6th March 2009, 13:14   #324
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar1985 View Post
I'd rather wait for Yam to release some more colour combos with the FZ-S, not too impressed with the Silver-red. Yello black looks good though.

If only they had considered making a 200/250 Cc FZ (with FI ofcourse). Would run if I had to, to the showroom and book one.

Thanks for the advice guys!
Absolutely true! both on the colour combo as well as the bigger engine thought! I second that

Anytime for the advice Best of luck ahead!

Cheers,
Jas.
Old 1st April 2009, 11:28   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar1985 View Post
Just went to a couple of Yamaha showrooms yesterday. one guy informed me that the FZ-S will take another 3-4 months to be delivered. the other showroom informed me that it wouldn't be here any earlier than the year end.

Anyone knows what's the waiting period in Mumbai for the FZ-S?
And yeah! I would definetly like more color options. Both color options seems nice but didn't exactly move me.
As for the engine, 200/250 will be mouth watering, but it'll be out of my budget for sure.
kaynmantis is offline   Reply With Quote