My Suzuki Fiero just came back from a complete rebuild which included
Painting,
New body panels,
New crash guard,
New battery bracket,
New battery,
Replaced a lot of bolts, nuts and spokes,
And Seat rebuild.

Added a set of driving lights up front on the crash guard.

It feels like new. Ride was always great. Lets meet on the road sometime....

Regards
Soumo
Navi Mumbai.
Attached Images

fast lane is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 14:24   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Suzuki Fiero - Passion Reignited

Hey Folks, My 2000 model Fiero just completed the 80K mark today. The Engine is still smooth as butter. I am planning to change the rear shocks and repaint the fuel tank (Black). Can you suggest me some options for the paint to be used and preferably someone in Pune who is an expert n this? Also, what will be the best brand and size for the rear tyre, an upgrade to the stock?
Intrepidspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 15:47   #63
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Bike.

I too have the bike of the same family though purchsed a lot later after the divorse of TVS and Suzuki.

My bike is a Black TVS Fiero F2.

Fantastic bike with beautiful meters.

The ride as always was great and I did many long solos before marriage cut my wings.

The longest drive being Mumbai to Goa and once was an active member of the "Biker Nomads" blog site and gang.

Simply miss the freedom a bike would give you that a car wouldnt!!

But then, sometimes you need to listen to the head(read wifey) than your heart(read soul)
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 13:59   #64
BHPian

I too love my 2000 model KS Fiero but lately the thoughts of not finding critical parts has been haunting me. The mechanics have been suggesting the same. Should i sell it off rather than regret later? I am planning to paint it and change the rubber parts and the rear tyre (an upgrade to stock) I was wondering if there is some dedicated mechanic in Pune that you guys can suggest.
Intrepidspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 01:11   #65
BHPian

I too have a 2000 model fiero and love it to bits. Modified it in 2008 and it's been my daily ride till date.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 17:00   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
I too have a 2000 model fiero and love it to bits. Modified it in 2008 and it's been my daily ride till date.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Where do you get the vehicle serviced in Bangalore? I am looking for a good mechanic for the bike, not happy with the regular authorized service centers. I stay in Marathahalli.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 17:48   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Fantastic Bike.

I too have the bike of the same family though purchsed a lot later after the divorse of TVS and Suzuki.

My bike is a Black TVS Fiero F2.

Fantastic bike with beautiful meters.

The ride as always was great and I did many long solos before marriage cut my wings.

The longest drive being Mumbai to Goa and once was an active member of the "Biker Nomads" blog site and gang.

Simply miss the freedom a bike would give you that a car wouldnt!!

But then, sometimes you need to listen to the head(read wifey) than your heart(read soul)
I got a black Fiero F2 too. Love the bike. The handling is still good and the power remains the same after all the years. Been resisting the frequently suggested replacement with a Scooter for quite some time, not that I am going to give up.
rpads1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 12:21   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast lane View Post
Hello Fiero Riders,

My Suzuki Fiero just came back from a complete rebuild which included
Painting,
New body panels,
New crash guard,
New battery bracket,
New battery,
Replaced a lot of bolts, nuts and spokes,
And Seat rebuild.

Added a set of driving lights up front on the crash guard.

It feels like new. Ride was always great. Lets meet on the road sometime....

Regards
Soumo
Navi Mumbai.
Wow man. You Fiero looks amazing. I also intend to do the same in a few months. Could you please PM the cost break up if its ok with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Where do you get the vehicle serviced in Bangalore? I am looking for a good mechanic for the bike, not happy with the regular authorized service centers. I stay in Marathahalli.
Mine is not stock and I used to give it to the TVS service centre at the Marathahalli Bridge. But they have now moved to Whitefield. I would be giving it to them again. I don't get much done, just oil change and general check-up. They are okay with that much work.

I will be going to them this weekend to pre-order some stuff, so that its ready when bike goes for service. I reverting the exhaust to stock RTR180 exhaust from my current free flow. That is a major part, others are small things.

MaSh
Old 12th March 2014, 21:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow man. You Fiero looks amazing. I also intend to do the same in a few months. Could you please PM the cost break up if its ok with you?

Mine is not stock and I used to give it to the TVS service centre at the Marathahalli Bridge. But they have now moved to Whitefield. I would be giving it to them again. I don't get much done, just oil change and general check-up. They are okay with that much work.

I will be going to them this weekend to pre-order some stuff, so that its ready when bike goes for service. I reverting the exhaust to stock RTR180 exhaust from my current free flow. That is a major part, others are small things.

MaSh
Thanks. I need to get my rear suspension changed. Do you recommend the stock gabriel (do not know if it is still available) or any options from gas shocks?
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 11:20   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Thanks. I need to get my rear suspension changed. Do you recommend the stock gabriel (do not know if it is still available) or any options from gas shocks?
Hmmm I am running a RTR swing arm and TVS Star City shockers. The combination is just about good for city solo riding. Yes you could try the RTR's gas shocks. I have those in my mind.

My bike was done in 2008, and nothing, absolutely nothing has been done to it since then, I have not even researched on new mods. So I may not be too sure of all the compatible parts for the Fiero.

MaSh
Old 13th March 2014, 11:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

@rpads

The handling is certainly top notch and would still give the newer bikes a run for its money.

The 12 BHP is still good to power the bike to 60 kmph is less than 6 seconds though the newer bikes would now boast of much higher bhps.

The high speed vibes are negligible and the bike is comfortable for long rides.

Have done many a long distance journeys on this without any real fatigue.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 16:21   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
@rpads

The handling is certainly top notch and would still give the newer bikes a run for its money.

The 12 BHP is still good to power the bike to 60 kmph is less than 6 seconds though the newer bikes would now boast of much higher bhps.

The high speed vibes are negligible and the bike is comfortable for long rides.

Have done many a long distance journeys on this without any real fatigue.
Agree on all of them. The bike is super reliable, absolutely vibe free and that gearbox is a gem...

My first long ride was Delhi to Shivpuri, about 280kms. We used to do Bangalore - Mysore, like going for lunch and come back along with many other rides around Bangalore. But this was in 2008-2010. No long rides after that. Got Married.

Fiero has been my trusted city rider ever since. The speedo stopped at 52k in 2009. I am not sure how much its run now, a rough estimate would be close to a lakh, but its an approximation. My bike is in hibernation right now, the car is used. However, she is regularly serviced even if its not run.

Amazing Bike it is.

MaSh
Old 13th March 2014, 16:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

+1 MASH

Before the car took over, F2 was my friend for life.

I still ride it sometimes and the fond memories comes gushing back.

My speedo is at 48K and working though the battery needs to be replaced.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 22:36   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Agree on all of them. The bike is super reliable, absolutely vibe free and that gearbox is a gem...

My first long ride was Delhi to Shivpuri, about 280kms. We used to do Bangalore - Mysore, like going for lunch and come back along with many other rides around Bangalore. But this was in 2008-2010. No long rides after that. Got Married.

Fiero has been my trusted city rider ever since. The speedo stopped at 52k in 2009. I am not sure how much its run now, a rough estimate would be close to a lakh, but its an approximation. My bike is in hibernation right now, the car is used. However, she is regularly serviced even if its not run.

Amazing Bike it is.

MaSh
Talking of reliability, I bought it in Chennai and then was regularly serviced. Over the years though the servicing was more on need basis. Last service was 2.5 years back and that one was after a 2 year period . However had no issues and it works smooth all the time.
However I had an accident once long time back in Chennai, the leg guards really saved me. The original ones were split two piece ones and maybe that was why the leg guard bent almost 90 degrees on hitting a bus head on (he was overtaking from the other side of the road ) and feel the bending took the impact and saved me from any but small injuries. The new leg guards are single piece, not sure how good they are.
About the service , last I serviced at Whitefield center and they broke the speedo functionality by cracking the gear casing near the front wheel due to over tightening maybe. But this was 2 years back and they may have improved, so just make sure you check your bike proper on delivery.
rpads1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 09:39   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpads1 View Post
About the service , last I serviced at Whitefield center and they broke the speedo functionality by cracking the gear casing near the front wheel due to over tightening maybe. But this was 2 years back and they may have improved, so just make sure you check your bike proper on delivery.
Leg guard? Hmmm I think mine was damaged in a slow speed accident with an auto in Noida. Removed it and never put a guard after that. That was in 2006.

My speedo stopped when I installed a P220 projector. The projector body was long enough to fowl with the speedo cable and break it. After replacing 3 cables, I just removed the cable and never installed one. That allowed muck to enter into the gear mechanism at the wheel and ruin the gears. Never bothered about it after 2008(This is part of the pre order list).

Even my dashboard light went kaput long long ago. So now Highbeam, N, Indicator lights and the fuel meter only work.

MaSh