Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd December 2008, 17:56   #136
FZ6

I am taking mine for the 1st after 125 kms.
FZ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 11:53   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Alright I think I am getting my first serious niggling issue with bike.

I get this thud sound every time the bike goes over a big pothole or a big speed breaker (no such sound on small ones)

The sound is I am sure from the T-cone or whatever its called.

I got it tightened during the second service & it went away, now its barely 500 kms since the 2nd service & I see this problem re-surface.

Any pointers?

As of now I ride through mostly concrete roads & hardly any bad patches so its mostly the bad speed breakers where I hear this.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 20:29   #138
BHPian

Hey guys,got my first service done at 705 kms.The bike feels a lot smoother than what it was.Also the idling problem has gone.But the best part is that the vibrations have stopped.Period.

I still find the gear shifting a bit of a problem as the gears dont fall with one push.And sometimes the gear falls in between 3rd and 4th gear right after a shift to 4th.

Also I got the bike teflon coated.Cost me Rs 400.The bike looks awesome.And I put the RVMs back on.Here are a few pics after the coating.

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-p1071226.jpg

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-p1071225.jpg

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-p1071229.jpg

Last edited by punterccrx8s : 10th January 2009 at 20:41.
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 22:06   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Alright I think I am getting my first serious niggling issue with bike.

I get this thud sound every time the bike goes over a big pothole or a big speed breaker (no such sound on small ones)

The sound is I am sure from the T-cone or whatever its called.

I got it tightened during the second service & it went away, now its barely 500 kms since the 2nd service & I see this problem re-surface.

Any pointers?

As of now I ride through mostly concrete roads & hardly any bad patches so its mostly the bad speed breakers where I hear this.
Get it tightened once again while you are overseeing the job done. It might not have been done properly the first time.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 08:15   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Alright So I had my first crash on the RTR last night.

Was coming late from office around 11:00 PM. There is this nice left turn close to my home. I was at around 60 or so & when I reached the turn I saw water spilled over the road. I realized that I was about to fall as the bike's rear had started slipping So I carefully decided to fall (as if I had an option ) i.e. when the front too lost it, I let it be & kept holding the bike till I started touching down on the ground & once I did I left the bike & I fell in a sitting posture on my left upper thigh.

The bike went away around 20-30 feet away, I could see the sparks flowing through all the metallic parts. I had a small roll but kept my head high. Stood up & found no scratches on me only an itchy bum :P

Looked at bike & thought here goes my baby for its first insurance claim :-D Went to the bike it was still running in full glory albeit in a false neutral mode. I switched it off

Some guys came & asked if I was fine & I replied in Yes. They helped me lift the bike.
After initial inspection things looked fine, I started the bike & continued my journey to home. Found the Clutch lever to be in different position, tryied pushing it to its earlier place & voila it did. The bike was as stable as before no extra signs, so decided to check properly once I reach home

On reaching home, I was surprised to see the damages, My worst fear was fairing & tank & scoops but nothing happened to them except for a black line on fairing that too on an edge(although a big one), the damages were

- Scraped left Side crash guard (not bent)
- Scraped Gear lever rubber
- Scraped Sari guard foot rest
- Brushed rear Left Indicator
- Brushed rear grab rail

So hopefully I dont need to do anything, things would be more clear when I ride her in day time today.
Old 15th January 2009, 08:40   #141
BHPian

Sounds scary! Esp, with the sparks stuff!

Take care and ride safe!
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 10:38   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks man,

I belive my speed was not that high after looking at the damages or may be the parts are strong speaking of which found new scratches

- LHS indicator,
- LHS Weight bar
- LHS break lever round edge
- Out of the two brackets on the LHS foot peg one is broken so a precautionary measure I will replace the foot peg

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th January 2009 at 10:41.
Old 15th January 2009, 11:29   #143
Senior - BHPian

Techno,

Glad you ok buddy !! Hopefully the bike will be sorted out fine !
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 12:46   #144
Team-BHP Support

I am glad you walked away from this without much damage. The bike can be easily fixed with swapping the new parts. Tc.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 13:10   #145
Senior - BHPian

Techno, good to hear you are fine bro and the bike also managed to escape with small scratches. Isnt it strange that when these things happen time seems to pass in slow motion? Great to see your reflexes saved you from getting hurt man.
Not much you could have done in such a condition, atleast nothing more than you did.

The bike seems pretty sturdy and well built considering the damage.
Take care man,

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Hey guys,got my first service done at 705 kms.The bike feels a lot smoother than what it was.Also the idling problem has gone.But the best part is that the vibrations have stopped.Period.

I still find the gear shifting a bit of a problem as the gears dont fall with one push.And sometimes the gear falls in between 3rd and 4th gear right after a shift to 4th.

Also I got the bike teflon coated.Cost me Rs 400.The bike looks awesome.And I put the RVMs back on.Here are a few pics after the coating.
Hey Punter, the teflon coating seems to have given a bike a nice shine.Good to see the vibrations have stopped, though is the gear issue a generic one with the RTR or just an issue you are facing?

Last edited by sammyboy : 15th January 2009 at 13:14.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 13:59   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys, I am absolutely fine & the only part that needs to be changed is the LHS foot peg, Nothing else needs to be replaced. The bike has taken it very well, no other issues so far.
Old 19th February 2009, 11:08   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Alright Time for another update

The bike has done 4211kms so far.

In the current fill it returned a mileage of 45.6kmpl (Yay!!!) this is purely city commuting in Pune traffic.

I believe the mileage is getting better as I clock more kms

In the last fill the bike was taken to Alibaug with a heavy pillion & was ripped all the way & it returned a mileage of 35kmpl, not bad I say.

I must say I am very happy with the way the bike is performing as it meets my initial requirements perfectly

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th February 2009 at 11:22.
Old 19th February 2009, 21:16   #148
BHPian

Default Carb

Guys can you please tell me on which carb does the Apache run on ?
rahulsingh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 23:52   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Carb: Ucal Mikuni BS26
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 09:06   #150
BHPian

Is it a CV carb, if yes can you please provide some info on its tuning
rahulsingh007 is offline   Reply With Quote