Old 26th November 2008, 16:15   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

I haven't put it in yet, will report once I use it
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 23:40   #107
FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Veyron1, FI is 9k more than FI & there is only one service center in Pune which can service the FI. Too much hassle for a bike which will be primarily used for Commuting.
It shouldn't be a big issue. I service my FZ6 myself and the only time I have needed to touch the FI is when tweaking the PCIII map and throttle body sync on all 4 cylinders. So I don't think servicing a FI bike is a big deal. Infact they are easier to service as one doesn't need to rejet and clean the carbs
FZ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 00:14   #108

awesome pics techno.. saw these on captain's flickr page.. sweeet pics..
mvductan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:31   #109
BHPian

Hey guys i just bought a RTR and im expecting delivery today evening.Am excited.I hope i have made a good choice.I have purchased Titanium color.
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:54   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Hey guys i just bought a RTR and im expecting delivery today evening.Am excited.I hope i have made a good choice.I have purchased Titanium color.
Congrats bro. The RTR is a an awesome machine. Please post pics and your dealership experience once you get it.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:19   #111
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congrats bro. The RTR is a an awesome machine. Please post pics and your dealership experience once you get it.
Thanks dude.

Ok,I had first had a choice between Pulsar 200,Fz16 & RTR.My initial choice in september was pulsar 200.Then I found out that Yamaha were releasing a new model.So I waited.I fell in love with it.I booked it on September 22.I waited for two long months and no sign of the bike.So i decided to cancel and go for RTR.It was an excellent decision I made.No offense to any fz owners.
So i went to Bharath motors and was treated well unlike orion motors.My dad knew the owner of Bharath TVS so i managed to get a discount of Rs 1000.But i had to pay that as my bike has rear disc.I took delivery today.The dealership lady explained everything and I rode the bike home.

Thank you Bharath TVS!Here are snaps of the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-pc031072.jpg  

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-pc031075.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2008, 21:35   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi punter, this is the colour of RTR FI that i had booked I went for the Karizma instead coz the FI was taking too faaar long to reach the dealership. Btw are they now selling carb RTR with rear disc? That's cool if they are!
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 05:27   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Hi punter, this is the colour of RTR FI that i had booked I went for the Karizma instead coz the FI was taking too faaar long to reach the dealership. Btw are they now selling carb RTR with rear disc? That's cool if they are!
I think only at Bharath TVS they giving RTR carb with rear disc.Anyone else seena RTR carb with rear disc anywhere else?
Old 4th December 2008, 14:36   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hey Punter, how about some daylight pics bro? Congrats for the bike.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 18:27   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

wow 1000 bucks for rear disk is a steal deal

Congrats Punter & yes please post daylight pics
Old 4th December 2008, 19:34   #116
BHPian

WOW!I love my bike.Rode for 25 kms today.It feels superb.I made the right choice.Guys,I dont know how much exactly the disc costs,the price was 70800 including disc.The braking of the bike doesnt feel all that different from drum brakes although you can brake late.bike.I love it!cheers:.I heard somewhere that you have to change the alloy wheel to put rear disc?That will cost another 4000 for the rim plus disc charge.

@technocrat:Awesome pics of the RTR.What was the make of the camera?

Here are a few daylight pics of my bike.

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-pc041087.jpg

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-pc041089.jpg

TVS Apache RTR - Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Fun on Twisties, Pics on Pg7-pc041086.jpg

Last edited by punterccrx8s : 4th December 2008 at 19:38.
Old 4th December 2008, 19:42   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks punter

Well the first page ones are from my Canon P&S & the Lavasa ones are from A Nikon DSLR(Not mine) dont ask me the models numbers
Old 4th December 2008, 20:27   #118
BHPian

The RTR carb is now sold with the rear disc witha premium of 2000rs only. Its available at all dealers here in bangalore. Its a good deal.
Somebody give me that rear disc assembly for 3k, I'll pay and exchange my RTR's drum. Need one for one of my projects. . Damn the spares are taking forever. I better knock the doors at TVS directly.
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 22:04   #119
FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
WOW!I love my bike.Rode for 25 kms today.It feels superb.I made the right choice.Guys,I dont know how much exactly the disc costs,the price was 70800 including disc.The braking of the bike doesnt feel all that different from drum brakes although you can brake late.bike.I love it!cheers:.I heard somewhere that you have to change the alloy wheel to put rear disc?That will cost another 4000 for the rim plus disc charge.

Here are a few daylight pics of my bike.

Attachment 76427

Attachment 76428

Attachment 76429
Cool man! I booked the yellow RTR FI yesterday for Rs. 78222 OTD. They threw in a free RTR bike cover, RTR seat cover and some crappy bowl of a helmet from Hunt/Prime brand.

They are now offering RTR carb with disc in Thane/Mumbai/Kalyan too. That matt black helmet looks good? What brand and how much?

Changing out the rim with the tire doesn't make sense at all to me. Are those radial tires? In that case it means that people here have no expertise of changing bike radial tires and balancing them.
FZ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 22:19   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Techno its not about lean but the speeds you managed - as long as you got that, wonder why you say that you need to better how you take curves
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote