Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th August 2009, 17:30   #226
Senior - BHPian

i would like to add a small piece of information. Not sure if this was posted here earlier.
During current years khardung-la trip, arranged by RE, the Classic was also a part of it. It was under testing and someone from the UK did the test for all the 2k+ kms, to and fro, Ladakh.
I heard from a friend who was a part of the trip that it sailed well, without issues.
vinit.merchant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 17:43   #227
BHPian

Guys,

The New Bullet Classic was here in Bangalore royal Enfield showroom(Bear BTM fly over) few days back. It was just kept here to get reviews from the current 500CC bullet owner's. But at present they have removed it from the showroom. Check with the concerned person in the showroom to check if you can take a look sometime. Last update I got was that, it might be released here in India by end of this year or by 2010 start from the same person.

Cheers.
bsanjayrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 17:45   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
i would like to add a small piece of information. Not sure if this was posted here earlier.
During current years khardung-la trip, arranged by RE, the Classic was also a part of it. It was under testing and someone from the UK did the test for all the 2k+ kms, to and fro, Ladakh.
I heard from a friend who was a part of the trip that it sailed well, without issues.
Whoa.. thats news.. your friend got any pictures of that bike?
?ushk@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 18:08   #229
BHPian

Friends, it is a great news that RE classic is here. I have checked the company website and after going through all technical details and the look - I feel that the following modifications would have made it more masculine.
  1. Straight Exhaust
  2. Conventional right side gear box
Moreover, I am waiting eagerly for that day when RE will introduce a real touring bike with engine capacity of more then 1000cc without altering the classic look as much as possible....
milindajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 18:19   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
Yes, He does have the pics of it.

I will try to get it from him, if possible.
He too is a member here, but does not visit regularly. Will ask him to post them.
vinit.merchant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 18:24   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milindajp View Post
[*]Straight Exhaust
Did you like the straight exhaust? Somehow I liked the crooked silencer which they had in the intro pictures!! Kinda different and I think it would give a good thump!
Old 11th August 2009, 12:05   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Quote:
he is right, this year in Himalayan Odessy RE had given Classic to one of the UK guy, not sure for testing or what, but everyone was asked to stay away from classing. so not many pics have been taken. please see the following link

http://himalayanodyssey09.shutterfly.com/609#601
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 12:08   #233
BHPian

try doing a google search on Bullet Classic, you will get a hit.
shivshanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 12:27   #234
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
but everyone was asked to stay away from classing. so not many pics have been taken. please see the following link
What was RE trying to hide? Does it come with a Nuclear powered engine. The bike is all over the net.

What does classing mean?
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 14:17   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
What was RE trying to hide? Does it come with a Nuclear powered engine. The bike is all over the net.

What does classing mean?
oops typo error, i mean Classic. i dont know why RE asked them to stay away. may be bcoz Classic is not yet launched in India.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 14:55   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

What does classing mean?
Yeah, RE's weird and what was the harm for them to launch this bike in India along with the other countries! I hate them sometimes for being biased!

Anyway got this picture over a Picasa gallery, looks like it was taken in the Himalayan Odyssey this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-p6210017.jpg  

Old 11th August 2009, 15:19   #237
BHPian

Wonder if you Bullet fans have seen this link of the classic in an expo, probably in Italy?

suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 17:50   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, RE's weird and what was the harm for them to launch this bike in India along with the other countries! I hate them sometimes for being biased!

Anyway got this picture over a Picasa gallery, looks like it was taken in the Himalayan Odyssey this year.
If RE haven't launched it yet in India, How did someone buy this?, and How did they bring it to Himalayan Odyssey? It that imported from UK? Or if you have someone in Eicher/RE you can buy it?
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 18:00   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
If RE haven't launched it yet in India, How did someone buy this?, and How did they bring it to Himalayan Odyssey? It that imported from UK? Or if you have someone in Eicher/RE you can buy it?
All Bulls are made in India and so is the Classic. Classic is an export model and is "expected" for the India market soon (don't know about their soon, probably before the end of next year)

Since RE was the organiser of this event, it wouldn't be tough to get the Classic on a test run!
Old 15th August 2009, 13:57   #240
BHPian

Default Coming Soon :: Bullet Classic-500 to be Launched In India

Here is a News for all Bullet lovers. The Bullet Classic 500 EFi is soon going to launched in India. See the attachment Pic which was taken from a Showroom where the bike was parked (source: Bike India). Expected to sport a price tag of Rs 1.4 Lakhs, the bike will come with the same 500cc unitary construction engine with electronic fuel injection developing a maximum power of 27.2 bhp and a massive for an Indian bike, 41.2 nm of maximum twist @ 4000 rpm! The engine is good enough for a top whack of 130 kmph and crusing speed of 100-110 kmph all day long without breaking into a sweat.

It was shown to few customers in Bangalore and also had two different exhausts as well as two different seating positions. Do keep your eye on your nearest Royal Enfield showroom as reports also say that test bikes are currently doing rounds in cities like Delhi, Pune, Chennai etc!

If you come across Bullet Classic 500 EFi, do click few pics and share them with us.

Pics source : cubic capacity
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-bulletclassic3.jpg  

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-bulletclassic4.jpg  

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-bulletclassic6.jpg  

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-bulletclassic7.jpg  

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-bulletclassic10.jpg  

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-bulletclassic11.jpg  

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-bulletclassic12.jpg  

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-bulletclassic14.jpg  

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-bulletclassic90.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th August 2009 at 11:09. Reason: Source of pics mentioned.
tarunmadhok is offline   Reply With Quote