Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 30th December 2009, 16:59   #916
BHPian

Jay and Randhawa thanks for the info on the mileage...appreciate it

Randhawa since you own the cl500 any idea why the 19" front on the cl350 rather than both 18"...cost cutting?...and does that affect handling/ride of the cl350.
im getting the cl350 soon....(if lucky the cl500, which the chances are dim)so was thinking if i'd change to 18" front later on. Also i feel with both 18" the bike looks better.

thanks in advance!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Dhruva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 17:01   #917
BHPian

Default Two New variants of Classic is Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!

All,
Just to inform you all that two more variants of Classic are coming soon and will be launched during Auto Expo. I could not take photos of bikes due to confidential thingy. There are just cosmetic changes in both bikes.

1. Classic Chrome: Full chrome bike, looked good but may not be liked by everyone.
2. Classic Military Green: this bike looks really cool. for those who are planning to buy Classic, i will strongly suggest them to see this Model. It has Matt Green paint finish.

Paint Quality on both bikes are too good.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 21:52   #918
BHPian

what is wrong with them? They have not yet delivered the bikes booked in the first week, they are already launching variants. People will surely feel short changed.

I called Bandra Store again today to ask about Classic 500 delivery. It has been pushed to 15th January, which is also tentative. Maybe I will look at the new colors once before finalising

Last edited by indian21r : 30th December 2009 at 21:53.
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 23:01   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
what is wrong with them? They have not yet delivered the bikes booked in the first week, they are already launching variants. People will surely feel short changed.

I called Bandra Store again today to ask about Classic 500 delivery. It has been pushed to 15th January, which is also tentative. Maybe I will look at the new colors once before finalising
They are overburdened with Demand. RE is only company in India today Where Demand is greater than Supply. But as per my discussion with RE people Delivery Wait should not be more than 25 days.

Regards,
SHubhendra Singh
Old 31st December 2009, 09:41   #920
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone check latest ACI?
0-100 for CL500-11.5 Secs and 0-120-20.XX secs
Impressive figures
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 10:48   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
.. two more variants of Classic are coming soon and will be launched during Auto Expo. I could not take photos of bikes due to confidential thingy..
Yeah Ok. we can expect both to be similar to export models: G5 Electra deluxe & G5 military apart from usual changes wrf Indian models as in tool box, seat etc. Lots of pics on the net you could point us to the nearest match
Rennjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 11:44   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
But as per my discussion with RE people Delivery Wait should not be more than 25 days.
No idea that it is less than 4 weeks now. whenever I Call them, they keep extending it. Nilesh was telling me that since they have stopped sale of standard and one other model, they are producing more of the above to deliver the last sales.

By the way how is the Matte green compared the currently available one?

0-100 looks good

Last edited by indian21r : 31st December 2009 at 11:56.
Old 31st December 2009, 17:00   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
No idea that it is less than 4 weeks now. whenever I Call them, they keep extending it. Nilesh was telling me that since they have stopped sale of standard and one other model, they are producing more of the above to deliver the last sales.

By the way how is the Matte green compared the currently available one?

0-100 looks good
Nilesh was quite correct, because RE has stopped production of Electra and Electra will not be available from January onwards. RE can not stop production of Standar because Standard has major share of Sale. But within one month RE will be able to produce more Classic.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:31   #924
BHPian

Default Front fork tubes rubbing

It has done 2600 kms, since the first day "charnnn charnnn" sound comes from the front fork on bad roads; never bothered. Now the damage is visible, check the image. Rubbing of fork tubes, is this common ?
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-100_1214.jpg  

RECL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:42   #925
BHPian

I visited the Bandra store today to make some payment. When I was there I asked about the new colors. They are saying that chrome has been confirmed but no idea about the matte finish one. Availability may be from March or April

I took another test ride today. loved the pull of the bike. man I wanted to just go on on ...
Old 2nd January 2010, 17:55   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECL350 View Post
It has done 2600 kms, since the first day "charnnn charnnn" sound comes from the front fork on bad roads; never bothered. Now the damage is visible, check the image. Rubbing of fork tubes, is this common ?
I see no such abrasions on my TBTS fork tubes [>9000 km]. Have it checked out.
Rollin' Thunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 23:23   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
I see no such abrasions on my TBTS fork tubes [>9000 km]. Have it checked out.
You cant have the abrasion on front forks as TBTS does not have fork sleeves.

@RECL350- I believe on older Bullets which came with the front fork sleeves use to rub the same way. My CL500 has made quite of indention on the forks. It's due to misaligned/loose sleeves and clearance issue. Although I corrected it by myself and since then it has stopped rubbing.
By the way, why is your front brake hose holder not fixed on the mudguard?

Last edited by Randhawa : 5th January 2010 at 23:33.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 02:33   #928
Senior - BHPian

I was also wondering why the hose is loose.

I have similar marks on my Classic.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 10:27   #929
BHPian

Guys, any news of the two new variants that Shubhendra was talking about? The chrome version and the military green one?
Anyone who has been at RE's stall at the expo can you please give us updates?

Cheers.
Philistine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 10:32   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
My CL500 has made quite of indention on the forks. It's due to misaligned/loose sleeves and clearance issue. Although I corrected it by myself and since then it has stopped rubbing.
By the way, why is your front brake hose holder not fixed on the mudguard?
@EssYouWe, @Randhawa: Will post some more photos tomorrow. Its quite disappointing and shocking to see rubbing marks even on the outer fork tube. I think it is rubbing against mudguard. And there are some marks which I think are due to fork reaching its upper limit; and that clip is not strong enough to hold brake cable.
RECL350 is offline   Reply With Quote