Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 22nd January 2010, 19:36   #991
Senior - BHPian

As of now I am having issue changing gears with toe, Heel feels better. The test drive bike was better. I guess it will take some time. And getting the bike in neutral was difficult ( Maybe because i am not much used to the 1 down 4 up).

Just wait till your first service, after that your gear change will be sweet.

@Randhawa
Leather document wallet with RE embossed on it. Can u post a picture of this, I was told RE is providing no such thing. I was advised by RE Sales guy (from the company) that FI's perform well with more than 4 liters of petrol. no clue why.

Your dealer is taking the mick. Hey man, they are sales guy for a reason cause they got no brains to do something better. Use your commonsense, when you have your car's tank on reserve fuel or full does it passes every car of same make/model on the road?

Personally keep it above 3liters at all times. The end of story.

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-docs-wallet-1.jpg
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:53   #992
Senior - BHPian

I haven't received my full tool kit or the leather pouch till now.

I have to visit the dealer to get my RC, will ask him again. If he does not give me a satisfactory answer, I'll contact the regional managers.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 21:10   #993
Senior - BHPian

Your dealer will not give you rest of the kit until you contact your Regional Service Manager and after that RE will send the missing kit. They are giving out the missing kit to selected few hence I particularly told you to pester you dealer for that. Just write a mail to RE or speak to the RSM. If you are in good terms with your dealer then things will be simpler.
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:43   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post

Your dealer is taking the mick. Hey man, they are sales guy for a reason cause they got no brains to do something better. Use your commonsense, when you have your car's tank on reserve fuel or full does it passes every car of same make/model on the road?

Personally keep it above 3liters at all times. The end of story.

Attachment 271381
The comment about salespersons was completely uncalled for. Heck. you're on a public forum man. Meanwhile, your reply to the theory about the fuel is hilarious. On most occasions, a motorcycle with lesser fuel will be lighter, and hence faster. There is a reason as to why RE dealers tell UCE EFI customers to maintain a minimum fuel level. Riding around with low levels of fuel gives rise to a slight chance of fuel pump failure. Maruti used to issue the same advisory when it launched the MPFI system on it's models.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:05   #995
Senior - BHPian

I had enough of crap from auto sales man. Which ever showroom I have been has given me untrue and crap information knowingly and unknowingly to unsuspected customers and that what winds me up about them. On a lighter note, I should have refrained my self from such comments.

I am aware of the fuel level requirements for EFI and the reason but what the reason sales guy gave it to him was that with more fuel his bike will go fast. He should have given him the right reason for doing so. With more fuel his bike is going to gain some weight and not loose it.

Anyway the right reason- Fuel acts as a cooling agent for the fuel pump, keeping it cool while working. With less fuel or empty tank, it has a high risk of running dry and overheating hence either going totally dead or not making the required pressure at all times.
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:16   #996
BHPian

@ Randhawa: Where did you get your BULL from? Even i'm getting my CL500(BLACK) from the Bandra showroom in Mumbai. So when I get mine (around 3 weeks down the line) i could tell them that such and such a person got the leather pouch and the complete tool kit from whichever showroom you got yours from and show them the printout of the leather pouch. And if need be, I could call up your showroom regarding the same in front of them and confirm it.

And they were also asking me on the phone today as to where my passport is issued from? What is that all about and what has that got to do anything with my Bull?
rajitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 00:37   #997
Senior - BHPian

I am sure by the time you will get your bike, it will come with the full tool kit. Recent deliveries of CL has complete tool kit.

As for the leather wallet, hopefully your dealer should have one in stock if not then get the phone no of your regional sales manager and speak to him. He is the best person to get you one if the dealer cant. I got mine from Chandigarh. I rather leave my dealer out of this but will provide you the no of regional service manager to confirm about the leather wallet.
Old 23rd January 2010, 08:56   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Congratulations Sir,
Looking forward to the pics and quick review as well.
Thanks man. I will do them by today evening

And thanks for the link as well.

Quote:
Just wait till your first service, after that your gear change will be sweet
Thanks then that is a problem I am not facing alone.

Quote:
not making the required pressure at all times.
I guessed pressure may be a reason. Will read more on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajitn View Post
And they were also asking me on the phone today as to where my passport is issued from? What is that all about and what has that got to do anything with my Bull?
Rajitn I took my bike from the bandra store. You are getting the complete tool kit now. Passport is a issue I am also facing. You can see more on that on my review which I will post by evening today

Quote:
As for the leather wallet, hopefully your dealer should have one in stock if not then get the phone no of your regional sales manager and speak to him. He is the best person to get you one if the dealer cant. I got mine from Chandigarh. I rather leave my dealer out of this but will provide you the no of regional service manager to confirm about the leather wallet.
For the leather wallet, I was told it may be a dealer issue. Anyway I will check with them again. It is a company outlet from where I purchased.
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 22:49   #999
Senior - BHPian

@indian21r- RE has provided limited numbers of L wallets to the dealer and they are meant for CL only. My dealer was provided only 5 and he has sold more then 15 CL5 alone so you can imagine the shortage and refusal to acknowledge the existence of the wallet.
Old 26th January 2010, 13:18   #1000
BHPian

Randhawa, JayPrashanth and others this thread has been very informative.Cheers!

Guys,
What is the reason for 19" front and 18" rear on the CL350, rather than both 18" like on the CL500?Is it a good idea to change the 19" front to 18"?
I will be getting the CL350(black) in two weeks(very excited!), so would appreciate any tips/suggestions on maintenance, ownership etc regarding the bike.

Thanks.
Dhruva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 14:21   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Stick with 19 in front. You will benefit from 19, providing you more ground clearance and more stability on rough roads.

Few pointers you can get from my review on CL5 once the Mods update my review with some additional information.

This bike does not demand much of maintenance except if encountered some problems.

Follow your manual for running in and stick to your service schedule.

Don't ever clean your chain with any fuel or apply grease. The design of the chain is different from the previous chains used on bullets. It has rubber O rings. With fuel it gets dry and with grease it gets to muddy and cuts the O rings. Use high standard chain cleaner and lubricant for longer life.

Use teflon coating on your bike once or twice on your bike in a month if you don't want your shiny paint to go away.
Old 26th January 2010, 14:23   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruva View Post
What is the reason for 19" front and 18" rear on the CL350, rather than both 18" like on the CL500?Is it a good idea to change the 19" front to 18"?
I believe it was done as a cost cutting measure since the front wheel is the same as what the older bullets used to have. What confuses me, however is that it couldn't be that much cheaper to use the old 19 inchers.

For this reason I also believe its a way to give an additional USP for the CL500 over the CL350.

Regarding switching to 18", its totally up to you. In India, there is a much wider variety of 18" available and much better quality when compared to 19". But many associate the bullet with being a straight-line machine and prefer the added gyroscopic stability offered by the 19". Personally, I prefer the corner carving abilities of the smaller, stickier wheels and the loss in top end will be negligible (i.e. for the rear wheel which is 18" anyway on both models).

Last edited by GreaseMonk : 26th January 2010 at 14:28.
GreaseMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 14:46   #1003
Senior - BHPian

While the 18 inchers help aid flickability, they cannot match the stability of the 19 inchers. So, 18 inchers cannot be called better handling tyres per se. They offer more choice, not better handling since straight line stability also is an important factor in overall handling. Most American/English Bulleteers with the C5 have reported a significant loss in straight line stability at ton up speeds. According to them, at high speeds, the C5 feels light and twitchy. This however, isn't the case with the G5 which comes with 19 inch wheels. People wanting better flickability and more tyre choices can go for the 18 inchers. Others who want better stability and poise at higher speeds can go the 19 inchers. Bottom line, don't expect the Bullet to handle like an Indo-Jap with just a tyre change.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 21:26   #1004
BHPian

@Randhawa : Thanks a lot for the pointers, the review is brilliant to say the least, tell you everything and more one needs to know about the bike.Cheers and thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
I believe it was done as a cost cutting measure since the front wheel is the same as what the older bullets used to have. What confuses me, however is that it couldn't be that much cheaper to use the old 19 inchers.

For this reason I also believe its a way to give an additional USP for the CL500 over the CL350.

Thats exactly what I thought. By how much can they actually make it cheaper? Guess I'll stick to 19".Thanks!

@JayPrashanth : The last thing I want from the bike is for it perform like an Indo-Jap! How is the handling going to be affected by the 19-18" combination compared to say that with both 19"?

Thanks!
Dhruva is offline   Reply With Quote