Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd February 2010, 21:15   #1006
BHPian

RE has a huge classic backlog, 3k-4k domestic + 2k international.
http://wheelsunplugged.in/ViewNews.aspx?newsid=5586

Anybody booking now may have to wait for 4-5 months. And then there is news about all other models to have UCE engine by April. If that happens I guess there are some who just like the more reliable engine and may convert their booking to other cheaper model like a Standard, Electra or Machismo.
Until unless other players enter RE will continue to rule this segment.

Last edited by bblost : 4th February 2010 at 10:31.
RECL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 23:14   #1007
BHPian

Default Delay in delivery of my classic 500

I had booked my black CL 500 from the Bandra showroom in Mumbai on the 7th of December 2009. They had given me a 45 day delivery period according to which i was supposed to get my Bull around the 20th of Jan. They then delayed it to mid Feb. And when i called them up today, they said it has been further delayed to Feb end!! I hope they dont delay it any further. Just wanted to let you guys know this.

Regards,

Rajit
rajitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 21:57   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rajit.

How about you get hold of your region's RE service manager's number and let them know about what is happening. Maybe that will help.

I heard that the waiting has increased to 2-3 months. The upswept exhaust is readily available though.

The Standard with the UCE engine would be on display by the end of Feb.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 10:58   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajitn View Post
I had booked my black CL 500 from the Bandra showroom in Mumbai on the 7th of December 2009. They had given me a 45 day delivery period according to which i was supposed to get my Bull around the 20th of Jan. They then delayed it to mid Feb. And when i called them up today, they said it has been further delayed to Feb end!! I hope they dont delay it any further. Just wanted to let you guys know this.

Regards,

Rajit
even I had to wait for a month more than what I was told. I booked on November 5th, got delivery on Jan 21st that too I had to push them hard because it was a birthday gift to myself. I had to take it.

By the way this email I received from RE for delay in delivery

Dear Mr.Rahul,

Greetings from Royal Enfield. We thank you very much for your interest in Royal Enfield Classic Motorcycle. We had launched this model in Delhi on 4th November 2009 and the response from both customers and media has been excellent.

The design of the Royal Enfield Classic is inspired from the 1950’s, reflecting a cool retro image of post war British bikes. To bring out this image in reality considerable efforts go into the making of this bike.

The Classic is still Hand crafted and hand buffed to give you the exclusivity. Even the cam gears are matched for each engine to provide you the unique experience of an authentic push rod engine.

The Classic has won Bike of the Year (above 250cc) Award by NDTV Profit, Best Bike(above 250cc) Award and Viewers’ Choice Award by ETNow & Zigwheels.

The Royal Enfield Classic is the flagship model of Royal Enfield and is meant for a very exclusive set of customers like yourself. The customer response in terms of the bookings is more than what we had estimated for our production planning of Classic bikes. This overwhelming response from across the country has resulted in higher waiting period for our customers.

While no effort is spared in ensuring our internal capability is ramped up to deliver bikes at the earliest, the handcrafting of the Classic cannot keep up with the current market demand. And this may result in further delay in supply of your beloved bike.

We understand that you are experiencing huge inconvenience due to this delay in delivery. We request you to kindly accept our sincere apologies for the delay and solicit your continued support and faith on Royal Enfield. We also pledge our sincere efforts in ensuring the earliest possible delivery of your Classic.

The delivery of bikes from all our outlet are on the basis of FIFO (First In First Out) only and it is being tracked by Royal Enfield directly. Our team will keep in constant touch with you to keep you updated.

Thanking you and assuring you our best services at all the times.

Yours faithfully

For ROYAL ENFIELD

Manoj Gajarlawar,

Regional Manager-West

Last edited by indian21r : 5th February 2010 at 11:18. Reason: Adding email
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 17:01   #1010
BHPian

the CL500 bug is really infectious
am a big fan of RE , had one STD 350 during my college years
so without letting my better half know me and another friend have booked 2 CL500 in green at the chandigarh agency
but seeing the discussion on this post don't expect the bike till 2 months
the agency guy said waiting period as off now is 4 months as export orders are pilling up and RE makes more money on exports so we indians will have to wait

ds
eyedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 17:29   #1011
Senior - BHPian

@Essyouwee- Upswept is not readily available down here, now that I want one.
Randhawa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 18:27   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Do you want me to get in touch with my dealer and procure one for you? I don't know about your bend pipe though. I didn't ask him.
Old 5th February 2010, 18:45   #1013
Senior - BHPian

I need the bend which comes with the upswept. Cant use the current bend. So need booth. If I am not hassling you then please find out if he has one. My dealer will have it in two weeks time. Just don't want to wait, knowing that I can drop the idea of it.
Old 5th February 2010, 19:10   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Hehe... I am not in Delhi right now. I'll give him a call or if you want I'll give you the guy's phone number.

Use 'Randhawa' as your name and he should mistake you for me.

You have a PM!
Old 5th February 2010, 19:11   #1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
I need the bend which comes with the upswept. Cant use the current bend. So need booth. If I am not hassling you then please find out if he has one. My dealer will have it in two weeks time. Just don't want to wait, knowing that I can drop the idea of it.
Wait, the upswept silencer comes with a different bend pipe? I thought it was a direct replacement for the long bottle silencer. What is different from the new bend pipe, is is just the catcon removed and a bigger dia? I can't think of a good reason why they had to change it just for the silencer.
smenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 22:49   #1016
BHPian

I finally got the opportunity to drive the bike for long distances. man it is fun drive. love the sheer pull of the bike. It is very difficult to keep it within the 60kmph limit

It is very easy to drive around too. I feel like I own the road. It just pulls away at the signals and Mumbai signals are fun to drive, Today I got almost 3 km of continuous green signals

By the way everyone wants to speak to you about your bike. The feeling is different.

I still have the gear changing issues. But it is getting better.
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 23:44   #1017
Senior - BHPian

@Smenon-Yes it does for C5. I am not sure if it will fit straight on to C5 but to reap the benefit of the upswept you need a bend without the cat, not sure about the dia. Technically upswept is performance exhaust not to be used on roads legally because it wont clear the pollution norms without the catcon.

@Indian21r- Tell me about it, it just makes me uncomfortable. Way too much attention. People either want to tell you that it's not a proper bullet or why do I have only one seat and where did I get it modified. Sometime it's funny too. People stare at you(complement you) and some bulleteer's trying yo race with you until they find themselves struggling with a false neutral and finding the next gear up. Needless to say, they don't want to see you again at the next traffic lights.
Old 6th February 2010, 11:37   #1018
BHPian

Some Bad news guys!!!

I had booked my CL 500 (sea green) @ the bandra company showroom mumbai, on 16th Dec 2009, was promised a 45 to 60 DAY delivery period then, and was asked to call in jan to enquire abt the status.

I called in jan and was asked to call back at the end of the month, then on 4th feb, where they would give some definite clarification.....

.....on the 4th i called up the store and spoke to JP, he was very kind, though told me that the DEC and JAN production FAILED!!! and the back log had added up so my delivery had been shifted to APRIL END! wow that as a shock!

JP informed me that Enfield was very apologetic of the same and had offered to refund the deposit amount and still hold the bike for me and inform me when it will be in the receiving godown.

Guys, need your advice, as to what i should do, and is this the same scene elsewhere (considering the manufacturing unit is the same all throughout).... or what u think is the actual issue..

I was told that the reason of the failure in production was something to do with the "paint shop", now what i do not understand is, if painting could throw the schedule out by that much?

PLEASE SUGGEST.
obaidhakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 13:20   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by obaidhakim View Post
Some Bad news guys!!!

I had booked my CL 500 (sea green) @ the bandra company showroom mumbai, on 16th Dec 2009, was promised a 45 to 60 DAY delivery period then, and was asked to call in jan to enquire abt the status.

I called in jan and was asked to call back at the end of the month, then on 4th feb, where they would give some definite clarification.....

.....on the 4th i called up the store and spoke to JP, he was very kind, though told me that the DEC and JAN production FAILED!!! and the back log had added up so my delivery had been shifted to APRIL END! wow that as a shock!

JP informed me that Enfield was very apologetic of the same and had offered to refund the deposit amount and still hold the bike for me and inform me when it will be in the receiving godown.

Guys, need your advice, as to what i should do, and is this the same scene elsewhere (considering the manufacturing unit is the same all throughout).... or what u think is the actual issue..

I was told that the reason of the failure in production was something to do with the "paint shop", now what i do not understand is, if painting could throw the schedule out by that much?

PLEASE SUGGEST.
I can relate with you. I booked mine on the 7th of Dec frm the bandra showroom. I spoke to Nilesh and he told me that the delay is because the Classic has a lot of hand painted parts which is taking a lot of time. He did not talk about any failure as such. And the last I spoke to him was on the 2nd of Feb. He told me that I should get mine by the end of Feb. But i dont trust him on that!
rajitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 13:22   #1020
BHPian

Default Cover for EFI

Guys just check these pics @ Royal Enfield at the Auto Expo 2010. Have you noticed that RE has introduced covers for the EFI?

Those open wiring of EFI is an eyesore. Hope they will give the mod to the existing customers.
virtualhemant is offline   Reply With Quote