BHPian

Default New electra coming soon

Check this out. coming soon

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-bull.jpg
Endofdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 11:29   #1052
taj
BHPian

Electra is already in Kochi Show room with UC engine , But only 350 unlike in UK with EFI 500 - Sorry for the quality of the Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-23022010729.jpg  

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-23022010730.jpg  

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-23022010731.jpg  

taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 12:15   #1053
BHPian

Anyone has any idea how much the price of CL 350/500 will increase after the new budget??
stnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 11:56   #1054
BHPian

Five months and still haven't received the bike.
Dhruva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 14:10   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruva View Post
Five months and still haven't received the bike.
Too bad. Today I met a person at a signal, he has booked 350cc on 4th Nov and still waiting. I had booked just one day before him on 3rd November and received within a month. One single day and such a huge backlog
RECL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 14:54   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECL350 View Post
Too bad. Today I met a person at a signal, he has booked 350cc on 4th Nov and still waiting. I had booked just one day before him on 3rd November and received within a month. One single day and such a huge backlog
nope .. not all.

these guys are doing huge golmaal when it comes to delivery. i booked my tbts 2 months back and got delivery on last friday. Even there was another guy taking delivery of tbts. Upon enquiring him i came to know he boooked bike on feb 3rd week. how can that be possible. anyway they behave as if they rule. no clue at all. Meanwhile just drop into the showroom and ask them check your waiting list number.
Old 8th March 2010, 15:47   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Contact your area sales manager or territory sales manager. That will bring things into their notice and the company will be kept in loop.

Contacting them helped expedite my RC issuing.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 16:08   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by taj View Post
Electra is already in Kochi Show room with UC engine , But only 350 unlike in UK with EFI 500 - Sorry for the quality of the Pics
Hey, how much is the OTR price?
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 16:24   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Hey, how much is the OTR price?

Its 1.05 lakhs on road price in bangalore. they have already started the delivery. on saturday they were loading 3 bykes for registration.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:47   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
nope .. not all.

these guys are doing huge golmaal when it comes to delivery. i booked my tbts 2 months back and got delivery on last friday. Even there was another guy taking delivery of tbts. Upon enquiring him i came to know he boooked bike on feb 3rd week. how can that be possible. anyway they behave as if they rule. no clue at all. Meanwhile just drop into the showroom and ask them check your waiting list number.
I was allotted a slot in Dec, but wasnt in station so i was told i would get it in next consignment. And unfortunately they reported there will be a delay in delivery in Jan. I have been following up with the dealer since the 1st week of Jan and they have postponed atleast 5-6 times, every time i call them they assure that i will have the bike by next week.
Sent a bunch of emails, talked to the area sales manager and they have now promised to deliver the bike within 15 days. Have to see what happens now. The wait is killing me.
Dhruva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 18:25   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruva View Post
I was allotted a slot in Dec, but wasnt in station so i was told i would get it in next consignment. And unfortunately they reported there will be a delay in delivery in Jan. I have been following up with the dealer since the 1st week of Jan and they have postponed atleast 5-6 times, every time i call them they assure that i will have the bike by next week.
Sent a bunch of emails, talked to the area sales manager and they have now promised to deliver the bike within 15 days. Have to see what happens now. The wait is killing me.
Since you were out of pocket, could they not just wait for your return and hand over the keys considering the painful waiting periods.I also am irritated with their answers and stories with regards to waiting period for my CL350.

I am contemplating canning the plans of owning a Classic and simply buying the ZMR instead.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 22:50   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post

I am contemplating canning the plans of owning a Classic and simply buying the ZMR instead.
This is what will happen as prospective customers will be put off by the huge waiting period. RE is plain foolish to behave like this in a free market. At this rate, they'll fall hard when the affordable 250s start coming in from the japs.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 23:55   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
This is what will happen as prospective customers will be put off by the huge waiting period. RE is plain foolish to behave like this in a free market. At this rate, they'll fall hard when the affordable 250s start coming in from the japs.

Cheers,

Jay
I agree with you on this Jay. It is simply such a big turn-off to wait for these bikes for six months. Its as good as getting a Rolls Royce Phantom customized to your needs.

And then alongwith passion it is also the need which is making me graduate to a more reliable machine. Considering the drawbacks (read quality issues) we ignore which the RE bikes brings along combined with a wait period of almost 6 months makes us re-think our decisions.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 00:53   #1064
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,

Jay
I completely agree, if you ignore your history, you will be condemned to repeat it.

The Japanese onslaught has been a long time coming, but then 50000 bikes a year is small potatoes I guess. They dont seem to be overly interested.
Beast_of_Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 14:24   #1065
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,

Jay
i dont think that there is anything foolish about a company that has increased its output capacity from 30k to 50k in over the last 2 years and on course to take it to 70 k over the next 2 years.

besides how are you so sure that efforts are not underway to reduce the waiting?

and i feel affordable 250s with the current market size is unattractive for any manufacturer.
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote