Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th March 2010, 14:44   #1066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Its 1.05 lakhs on road price in bangalore. they have already started the delivery. on saturday they were loading 3 bykes for registration.
I have my cousin who booked it here in blore, well if i rembr he mentioned thee OTR is 1.14 L in blore??

he also said the waiting time is 6 months ....
crn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 14:53   #1067
BHPian

He was talking about Electra UCE.
I had paid 1.12k and thanks to Chidambaram now it is 1.14k.
RECL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 18:08   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
I have my cousin who booked it here in blore, well if i rembr he mentioned thee OTR is 1.14 L in blore??

he also said the waiting time is 6 months ....
this price in bangalore for classic 350. i had option to change it to TBTS to electra. It costs 1.05 lkhs for electra.
Endofdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 18:29   #1069
BHPian

Having prepared myself to wait for six months, I booked my C350 in Feb. I spoke to the area sales manager here in Kerala just to see if there were any radical changes in production; He mentioned that those who had booked in Nov were threatening to sue the company as they were then promised a two month delivery time and still had nothing in hand!
bludhemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:34   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
i dont think that there is anything foolish about a company that has increased its output capacity from 30k to 50k in over the last 2 years and on course to take it to 70 k over the next 2 years.

besides how are you so sure that efforts are not underway to reduce the waiting?

and i feel affordable 250s with the current market size is unattractive for any manufacturer.
Sir,

So far, four people whom I know wanted the UCE500. They dropped plans and now are contemplating the P220/ZMR due to the long waiting period. I just reported about Eicher infusing 120 Crores in RE to up the production, but the fact remains that they're slow to react and waiting for 6 months won't be everybody's cup of tea. Also, why do Indians have to wait for so long? Here is an answer. Because, it is more lucrative for RE to sell the UCE500s in the export market. Nothing wrong with that, but as a RE fan, this ticks me off when RE(dealers) promise two months and the wait extends to six months. I still reiterate, a lot of people will shift to affordable 250s if/once they come along. Right now, lots of people are buying the UCEs only as they are more reliable and perform better than the CI/AVLs. This is a marked shift from the previous RE crowd who bought REs mainly for the thump. So, such people won't have any qualms about going in for a fast, affordable 250.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 9th March 2010 at 21:52.
JayPrashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:46   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
So far, four people whom I know wanted the UCE500. They dropped plans and now are contemplating the P220/ZMR due to the long waiting period. I just reported about Eicher infusing 120 Crores in RE to up the production, but the fact remains that they're slow to react and waiting for 6 months won't be everybody's cup of tea. Also, why do Indians have to wait for so long? Here is an answer. Because, it is more lucrative for RE to sell the UCE500s in the export market. Nothing wrong with that, but as a RE fan, this ticks me off when RE(dealers) promise two months and the wait extends to six months. I still reiterate, a lot of people will shift to affordable 250s if/once they come along. Right now, lots of people are buying the UCEs

Jay
Sad about the waiting period. A friend wanted to buy but the waiting period at Trivandrum may make him forget the dream of accuring one.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 17:57   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Since you were out of pocket, could they not just wait for your return and hand over the keys considering the painful waiting periods.I also am irritated with their answers and stories with regards to waiting period for my CL350.

I am contemplating canning the plans of owning a Classic and simply buying the ZMR instead.
Exactly! I was gone for a week. They were like sorry sir we cant hold stock because of the demand, and guaranteed to deliver the bike in Jan.

Just talked to the regional manager, he has promised to have the bike delivered on or before the 23rd.
Dhruva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 18:46   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruva View Post
Exactly! I was gone for a week. They were like sorry sir we cant hold stock because of the demand, and guaranteed to deliver the bike in Jan.

Just talked to the regional manager, he has promised to have the bike delivered on or before the 23rd.
Do you mean March the 23rd??? Thats really disgusting when you actually had the delivery slotted in December.

Moral of the story :- Bike Bike Pe Likha Hai Chalane Wale Kaa Naam
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 09:31   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Do you mean March the 23rd??? Thats really disgusting when you actually had the delivery slotted in December.

Moral of the story :- Bike Bike Pe Likha Hai Chalane Wale Kaa Naam
Yea this month, dunno why they do this!
Guess you are right
Old 11th March 2010, 15:39   #1075
BHPian

Its just simply amazing, one draw back is that it doesn't suit all ! It doesn't suit me because of me poor physique or I would love owning it ! Its definitely one of the best cruiser I have ever come across !
Zamaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 16:04   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamaan View Post
Its just simply amazing, one draw back is that it doesn't suit all ! It doesn't suit me because of me poor physique or I would love owning it ! Its definitely one of the best cruiser I have ever come across !
Its about riding and not showing bro.

You ride for your pleasure, not for the hot chic to check you out.

Why bother with its suiting your physique? If you love the vehicle, all these things are moot.

As far as the general perception that it is too heavy, I would like to quote Archimedes: Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.

You should know where to pull and where to tug. The Bull will obey your every command if you treat it with respect.

Ahh, I am getting all senti.

Happy riding!
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 16:23   #1077
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guyes, i have been in South Korea since this Jan on an official trip and was totolly unaware of Royal enfield presence overhere.Last sunday while i was out for a shopping i saw four black RE classic 500 running together. Just could not believe wht i saw , for a moment i felt that i am back in india. Talking abt the bikes here, harleys rule the market here but it was nice to hear the mighty royal enfield sound.Cheers.
Abhishekjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 16:40   #1078
BHPian

Thumph of bullet is the best. I could not get that thump produced by modern bullets compared to the old ones. I think the muffler needs some glass wool.
yogeshnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 16:55   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Glass wool won't help the thump.

There is absolutely no way to recreate the old cast iron thump with a lighter crank and an alloy body construction.

You can make it louder, but not meatier. :(
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 23:09   #1080
BHPian

Hey EssYouWe you have had the C350 for sometime right, how does the bike feel like when taking a corner, stable?