Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th March 2010, 14:51   #1111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Deliveries have started for UCE electra.
Just came from the showroom. The OTR is Rs.1,03,600/- in GHAZIABAD for ES/Disc and Rs.99,000/- for KS/Drum.
BIG SARAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 14:55   #1112
BHPian

@GreaseMonk

Is that an All India waiting list?
stnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 15:00   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
@GreaseMonk

Is that an All India waiting list?
I doubt it. I believe its just the waiting list for the brand store in which I booked the bike.
GreaseMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 15:16   #1114
Senior - BHPian

The calender is pretty nice! I have one too.

Insist on the leather pouch too!
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:45   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG SARAN View Post
Just came from the showroom. The OTR is Rs.1,03,600/- in GHAZIABAD for ES/Disc and Rs.99,000/- for KS/Drum.
Got my UCE Electra yesterday. Will upload pics as soon as i get time.
BIG SARAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 16:12   #1116
BHPian

I'm not sure for how much longer my patience is going to be tested! I was supposed to get my CL 500 (black) today. But now there is some problem at the MUMBAI RTO due to which there has been a delay in the registration process thus causing a further delay in delivery. Should hopefully get it by next week!
rajitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 17:58   #1117
Senior - BHPian

How can problems at RTO (what problems?) delay your delivery! Doesn't makes sense to me.

By the way can anyone confirm if RE dealers in your respective cities have stopped taking booking for CL350 till later this year?
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 18:06   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
How can problems at RTO (what problems?) delay your delivery! Doesn't makes sense to me.

By the way can anyone confirm if RE dealers in your respective cities have stopped taking booking for CL350 till later this year?
Some dealers provide the option of registering the vehicle on your behalf. For this, they need to take your bike to the RTO, which, if closed\on strike\etc, can delay delivery of the vehicle.
GreaseMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 22:06   #1119
BHPian

Quote:

Atleast in Bangalore (HSR Services) it soon will. The rep said the orders will be taken till the month end, and will resume on a later date as specified by the company.
Dhruva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 22:47   #1120
Senior - BHPian

@Monk Thats quite a good thing then. Saves customers lot of time.

@Dhruva So not many bookings have been made in Bangalore then and they have room for more.
Old 27th March 2010, 21:00   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
@Dhruva So not many bookings have been made in Bangalore then and they have room for more.
No no they have had a lot of bookings and there are a whole lot of people waiting for their bikes, and i myself had waited for nearly 5 months before i got my C350. Seems like many are reluctant to go for the classic now owing to its waiting period.
Old 28th March 2010, 16:47   #1122
BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
@RECL350- I believe on older Bullets which came with the front fork sleeves use to rub the same way. My CL500 has made quite of indention on the forks. It's due to misaligned/loose sleeves and clearance issue. Although I corrected it by myself and since then it has stopped rubbing.
By the way, why is your front brake hose holder not fixed on the mudguard?
How did you correct it? Its not been a week and Im having the same problem - rubbing of the fork and bits of paint chipped off the mudguard close to the sleeve.
Old 28th March 2010, 18:23   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruva View Post
How did you correct it? Its not been a week and Im having the same problem - rubbing of the fork and bits of paint chipped off the mudguard close to the sleeve.
Its quite simple and if you are a bit technical or good with DIY things then you can do it easily. But mine was not touching the fender, just the sleeve and fork feeling each other.

Loosen up the sleeve a tad bit from where the front number plate is attached on to. With one hand touching the lower part of sleeve and fork, feel the gap between the inner side of sleeve and fork. Move the sleeve around until you feel the gap between the inside of the sleeve and fork is equal and aligns properly and its not touching each other at any point. If you find that clumsy way of doing it then take four matchsticks. Squeeze them gently from down under at 12,3,6,9 o'clock position. Then tighten the sleeve from top.

But as you say the sleeve is touching the mudguard, then for that you should check if your mudguard is not aligned properly or any bend support rods on the mudguard. Also check for the gap between sleeve and mudguard on booth sides.
Old 28th March 2010, 18:53   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Its quite simple and if you are a bit technical or good with DIY things then you can do it easily. But mine was not touching the fender, just the sleeve and fork feeling each other.

Loosen up the sleeve a tad bit from where the front number plate is attached on to. With one hand touching the lower part of sleeve and fork, feel the gap between the inner side of sleeve and fork. Move the sleeve around until you feel the gap between the inside of the sleeve and fork is equal and aligns properly and its not touching each other at any point. If you find that clumsy way of doing it then take four matchsticks. Squeeze them gently from down under at 12,3,6,9 o'clock position. Then tighten the sleeve from top.

But as you say the sleeve is touching the mudguard, then for that you should check if your mudguard is not aligned properly or any bend support rods on the mudguard. Also check for the gap between sleeve and mudguard on booth sides.
Thanks a lot. Cheers!
Old 29th March 2010, 19:34   #1125
Senior - BHPian

Happened on my Bull too.

The service guys just whacked it back in shape.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote