Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 18th May 2010, 21:54   #1156
Senior - BHPian

I heard dates pointing towards the end of this year. Of course, the source can't be considered reliable. All these things are largely hearsay.

The short bottle for the Classic is still not available. However, one for the TBTS is available.

They might try to get you to fit the TBTS shortie on your Classic, just don't let them.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 00:43   #1157
BHPian

500cc thunderbird? well, how about a 700cc machismo? or a 700cc twin classic interceptor? or why not a 1000cc classic?

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 19th May 2010 at 00:45.
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 00:44   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
TBTS 500 due but not untill mid or end of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
The TBTS 500 is due soon. Wait for it if you want to.
nice to know that you two work for RE. please keep us posted. thanks.
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 00:58   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
500cc thunderbird? well, how about a 700cc machismo? or a 700cc twin classic interceptor? or why not a 1000cc classic?
I wonder why you think it is impossible. I remember Sanjeet telling me that a TBTS 500 was definitely in the pipeline.

Quote:
I don't. And frankly, at 1 am I don't even appreciate your sarcasm.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 11:27   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry but I do not work for RE. My statement is based on feedback given by Regional Marketing Manager Royal Enfield. Cheers mate !!
bradhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 14:58   #1161
Distinguished - BHPian

Didnt know 500came in maroon.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-29062010554.jpg  

jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 21:23   #1162
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend's C500
He has ordered the exhaust but yet to get it.

Beasts of India
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-photo0016-large.jpg  

jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 14:19   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale

About more then a month back I booked my Bullet 350cc at their Bandra Showroom.
First of all their attitude towards their customers nowadays is typical we can say in common saying LENEKA HAI TO LE LO NAHIN TO DOOKAN SE NEECHE UTAR JAO They behave very weird manner not attending to you for minutes togather then when you are attended they are impolite and have ready answer for the delivery of the Bullet.

They say pls dont call for the status of delivery for more then 6 to 7 months from today onwards otherwise pls take back your refund.

Now today I called them that I would cancell my booking so pls refund my Rs.1000/- booking amount , I was told that I have to give them a undertaking and reason for my cancellation,

After hearing the requirements listed below I felt like giving one or more tightr ones on his face.

viz. why I am cancelling the booking.

Which other motor cycle I will be buying.

From which city I will be buying.

From which dealer I will be buying.

This applies also for car in lieu of motorcycle.

Only then they will concider and send our request to their principals and I will get my REFUND My advice pls dont go to their BANDRA SHOWROOM plsss.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 12:20   #1164
BHPian

I went to a few dealers in Bangalore and all of them say that I will have to wait about 8 to 10 months for a classic, they refuse to entertain any offers for paying a premium too.

However, dealers in Delhi say that they can deliver a bike within 4-6 weeks, if this is to be trusted - can I not buy the bike in Delhi on temp registration , drive or transport the bike to Bangalore (still on temp registration for just Rs. 500) and then register it in Bangalore as a new vehicle?

It should cost me the same as ex showroom price in Bangalore + temp registration charges in Delhi (Rs. 500) and transport (another 5-7k).

Any ideas?
ff1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 22:42   #1165

[quote=ff1609;2337694]I went to a few dealers in Bangalore and all of them say that I will have to wait about 8 to 10 months for a classic, they refuse to entertain any offers for paying a premium too.

However, dealers in Delhi say that they can deliver a bike within 4-6 weeks, if this is to be trusted - can I not buy the bike in Delhi on temp registration , drive or transport the bike to Bangalore (still on temp registration for just Rs. 500) and then register it in Bangalore as a new vehicle?

It should cost me the same as ex showroom price in Bangalore + temp registration charges in Delhi (Rs. 500) and transport (another 5-7k).

Any ideas?[Had discussed the same with RE company show room at Chennai Last week, they say the temp registration has been stopped owning some issues in the past. He advised me to go to dealer in Bangalore directly, May be you want to reconfirm the same with dealer at Delhi]
murali67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 12:21   #1166
BHPian

Any ideas?[Had discussed the same with RE company show room at Chennai Last week, they say the temp registration has been stopped owning some issues in the past. He advised me to go to dealer in Bangalore directly, May be you want to reconfirm the same with dealer at Delhi][/quote]

I checked with multiple dealers in Delhi and Noida, temp registration is possible. Dealers in Bangalore would definitely not want you to bring a vehicle from another state; Bangalore dealers see it as a loss of business for them, they discourage potential clients from doing so at all costs!
ff1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 07:10   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Hi , I am planning to get a cl 500 in the next month or 2. Could one of the owners who have bought the bike very recently give me an actual picture of the waiting period for it. Is it actually 6 to 8 months ?? I have made up my mind about the 500 as I used to own a Ci500, for me the 350 just wont do so its either the 500 or nothing. Is the waiting period lesser in chennai ?? Please shed some light on this regard .. Thank you.

Hi,I got my C5 green in Feb with 2 months of waiting from Kerala (although it felt like light years for me),I'm not sure if its still the same though. I can check with the dealer or give you his contacts if you would like.

In Chennai I heard (last month) that you get it within 3 months of waiting.how ever in Bangalore its 11 months
epvineesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 07:22   #1168
BHPian

Hi,got my C5 down from Kerala with 2 months of waiting ,and I'm riding in blore,when I got it I had 2 options

1.get a temp registration done from Kerala and register here within a weeks time.(you can extend it,only that you have a 2k or 3k fine)

2.get it registered there and get a permanent KL registered,number plate.

I chose the 2nd option as as it worked out 6-7k cheaper for me.

So i believe the temp registration is pretty much happening,only that the dealers are pretty reluctant as ff1609 said.
epvineesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 12:13   #1169
BHPian

Ready stocks are there with the Kerala Dealers at times. I got my bike in just a week's time [Bike was there in the showroom to be picked up, when i visited. But it took a week to get my loan sanctioned].. on 28th of March.
aruncheloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 14:59   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
First of all their attitude towards their customers nowadays is typical we can say in common saying LENEKA HAI TO LE LO NAHIN TO DOOKAN SE NEECHE UTAR JAO

They say pls dont call for the status of delivery for more then 6 to 7 months from today onwards otherwise pls take back your refund.
[quote=murali67;2343023]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
I went to a few dealers in Bangalore and all of them say that I will have to wait about 8 to 10 months for a classic,
For a company that was on the verge of closing down or sold off because of the losses it was making, RE really hit the jackpot with the rise in disposable income in middle-class Indian households.

The earlier parts of this thread had several people defending RE's sad attitude towards product quality and it's step-motherly treatment towards the Indian market as opposed to international markets with the stock "it's a Bullet thing" line of reasoning. Well you may agree or not, but that's the kind of fanboyism (sorry, can't call it anything else) that's letting RE get away with such shoddy treatment towards customers.

I own a 2007 Thunderbird myself (oh yeah, sorry, forgot, that's not a "real" Bullet according to the "real" Bullet fans), and I don't have any issues with it, I love the bike. But overlooking all the faults of the product and the company just because the brand has acquired some sort of "cult" status?! I mean what are we setting ourselves up for here? Precisely the sort of treatment that the two members whose posts I've quoted have experienced.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote