Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd January 2011, 20:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Can enticer handle be fitted into Avenger ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkrish View Post

Anyone faced this problem ?
Yes I have faced the same, I have replied to your post on the other thread. The reason and resolution .

Quote:
Since you fitted the thunderbirds (curved) handle bar, i suppose it should be possible to fit enticer handle-bar as well...i suppose ?
Anyone tried it ? Ofcourse i cannot go for enticer (low pick up and sales stopped), and moreover i m in love with this machines look.
Yes Enticer handelbar can be fitted and have seen 2 bikes with the same.

Quote:
Anyone know of some better place in bangalore where they fit the oddest of type of accessories for avenger ?
Some stuff is available in JC road bikes shops like tail and head lamps and many other cosmetic stuff. Then there are guys who make different designs of mudguards both in JC road and in Russel market Gujari (scrap market)

Quote:
Also anyone finding the lack of kick-start a major missing feature?
The electrics are pretty reliable these days. so no worry on that count.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 16:04   #32

Question Re: Bajaj Avenger- Took A Test Drive, Need Buying Advice

Thanks Manish, did not get a chance to thank you for your inputs in the bajaj avenger club as it is closed now.

For me the option of lowering the handle bar is ruled out for i have put 2-inch 40 density foam on top of my seat (did not screw up the looks as i feared). So already im feeling the handle is little lowered, but still the shoulders are not fully relaxed. This weekend i will try with either
Enticer handle-bar (available for 180 Rs) or thunderbird one. I am little confused in this as well.

Enticer handle-bar is more preferred as it comes more towards the rider, well curved and wider and shoulders are relaxed quite well compared to thunderbird. However, i am scared about the handle-bar strength and life, for it was for enticer only (120+CC bike), while thunderbird is for 350CC bike (Costing Rs:300), so not sure whether the enticer handle-bar will be able to stand up to avenger 220CC strength under hard-braking conditions. I m not an expert on this, hence little confused.

Since the cables wont fit, changing to royal-enfield clutch and disk-brake cables seems to be the only option.
Is it true, that thunderbird clutch cables are quite hard ?

Did you say pulsar-180cc gas shocks (small/medium type endurance gas shocks), gives a better ride ?

Please confirm

thanks
hkrish
hkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 17:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bajaj Avenger- Took A Test Drive, Need Buying Advice

Quote:
For me the option of lowering the handle bar is ruled out for i have put 2-inch 40 density foam on top of my seat (did not screw up the looks as i feared). So already im feeling the handle is little lowered, but still the shoulders are not fully relaxed.
I would still say you lower the handle bar and see the results; it will cost you nothing and will give you some metrics of measure too.

Quote:
However, i am scared about the handle-bar strength and life, for it was for enticer only (120+CC bike), while thunderbird is for 350CC bike (Costing Rs:300)
You need not worry about that, strength of a pipe comes from the gauge of sheet used. There will not be much of a difference between the two.

Quote:
Since the cables wont fit, changing to royal-enfield clutch and disk-brake cables seems to be the only option.
Is it true, that thunderbird clutch cables are quite hard ?
If you lower the handlebar, you donít have to do anything. How ever with thunderbird handle bar you may have to switch to lengthier cables. With enticer bar I have seen one Avenger with the original cables. OEM Thunderbird cables are not hard.

Quote:
Did you say pulsar-180cc gas shocks (small/medium type endurance gas shocks), gives a better ride?
Gas shocks provide a comfortable ride compared to standard ones. The shocks are designed for a rated load, so the bullet ones tough matching the dimensions (i.e. length) might be a bit hard (I think so, but really need to check whatís their rating). If Pulsar or TVS ones fits right in place they should provide a better ride as compared to bullet ones. I need to look for the difference in bullet vs. Pulsar/TVS units.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 22:10   #34
BHPian

Default Re: Reply to Anand & Cruiserman on Avenger 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post

(1) Well, can you give me the exact specs/brand/details on the gas shocks that you have purchased, how much they cost, what exactly has to be done to fit it to the bike ? I don't have a personal mechanic and I am 1000% sure the Probiking guys would not install the gas shocks. So what are my options ? Would a Castrol Bike Zone do it ?

(2) And what kind of a shop do I visit to look for these gas shocks - I have never bought parts for motorbikes separately and hence the question. Looks like this is the 1st time I am going to do some modifications to my Avy 200.
Bumping up an old thread for the benefit of anyone who might be searching this now.

I got my Avy 220's suspension changed to gas shock absorbers today to make the ride more comfortable for the pillion (my wife mostly). Picked up Bullet's shock absorbers (Endurance brand) from one of those used bike/car parts shop in Shivajinagar. Its direct-fit (but the guy who fitted had to shave off a little from inside the bush at one end) and whole thing just took 30 minutes. Went for a ride with my wife for about 25 kms and she says the ride quality has improved a lot and there is no 'thud' now from the ground as we go over bumps of patches. I'm a happy man .
DudeWithaFiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 21:27   #35

Wow!, thats a good update.
Couple of questions:
1. Apart from the pillion rider, how do you feel with the new suspensions.
Is there any remarkable feedback. I also stay in bangalore, and when we hit a pothole or speedbraker, one can feel the shocks in the front handle bar, and the when the rear tyre lands in pot-hole and up we come back, do you find any difference.

2. Can you please give the shivaji nagar contact and location, i also stay nearby

3. Can you kindly give the exact specs, price (endurance gas shocks which one small /medium /large) and that also fit for which one RE-machismo or thunderbird etc,. Because these things are costly and RE-spares guy dont take for replacement.

Regards
Hkrish
hkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2014, 22:40   #36
BHPian

Sorry for the late reply, so that the thread got updated only now

Quote:
Wow!, thats a good update.
Couple of questions:
1. Apart from the pillion rider, how do you feel with the new suspensions.
Is there any remarkable feedback. I also stay in bangalore, and when we hit a pothole or speedbraker, one can feel the shocks in the front handle bar, and the when the rear tyre lands in pot-hole and up we come back, do you find any difference.
The bike does behave slightly better with the new shocks over bad roads, but not very noticeable without a pillion. When the rear tyre lands in a pothole and when it comes back up there is no noticeable difference, but I think it would be the same case with any bikes with any shocks, but the 'thud' you get back from the pothole has softened for the pillion. Since each potholes or bumps are unique (hehe..), I think how the new shocks respond would depend on the size and evilness of the pothole. There is one particular bump on my usual way back home from work that used to give me the biggest thud on my tailbone, but after I changed to gas shocks, the jump over that bump has softened a lot. Other than that, the improvement is noticeable only with a pillion.

Quote:
2. Can you please give the shivaji nagar contact and location, i also stay nearby
Sorry, I didn't collect those details from him. Just ask someone near Shivajinagar church 'where to get automobile spare parts' and you should be guided to place where there are rows of shops selling them. Just moved to Bengaluru a month back, so I am unsure how to give you the location details. Shivajinagar church should be landmark I suppose

Quote:
3. Can you kindly give the exact specs, price (endurance gas shocks which one small /medium /large) and that also fit for which one RE-machismo or thunderbird etc,. Because these things are costly and RE-spares guy dont take for replacement.
I got it for Rs.1050/- including the fitting charge (remember, they are used ones, not brand new), but I think you will get it for even less if you bargain. I had carried a piece of card-board to match the length of the Avenger shocks. Was too excited to bargain when I found the bullet's shocks matches the length and when the seller said he can fit it for me right then. Only after a couple of hours I thought that I could've gotten it for may be 800 bucks. So bargain and go to multiple shops and see what price each one offers.

Sorry, I don't know whether the pair I got is medium,small or large. I asked for Bullet Gas shocks, the one he got from his shelf matched the size, so didn't bother to check whether its medium or small. As far I know, for Bullet, the size of the shocks is the same through all the models.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 4th January 2014 at 22:44.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   Reply With Quote