Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 22nd October 2008, 15:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Bluu if your friend can stretch it a Bit on the Upper side i would say the MT-01. Like mentioned by ishan and the others it would be a wonderfull sports tourer. This would also suit your friend as he was leaning towards a Superbike. It would be brand new and official. The other bikes like the Honda shadows, Goldwing etc would be used and the exact conditions would just be guess work. The paper work also would have to be checked to see if they are legitimate.

@Adman77 the DN-01 is an automatic and there is one in Bombay. Pictures of which are posted by Anku. I presume this bike would be above the Rs 10 lakhs budget.

Last edited by speedy : 22nd October 2008 at 15:03.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Adman77 the DN-01 is an automatic and there is one in Bombay. Pictures of which are posted by Anku. I presume this bike would be above the Rs 10 lakhs budget.
Yup Speedy, the one in Mumbai is with chauhan. Anku had seen it and told me about it. Costs exactly 10 lakh. By the way, wouldn't it be fun to have an auto cruiser?
adman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 19:49   #18
BHPian

Hyabusa would be a good choice. It is a very good cruiser. Moreover, Suzuki is planning to lauch it by this yearend in India. I rode this machine for a few kilomters and I absolutely swear by it. Very nice cruiser.

Honda DN-01 is my favourite. I would love to own one. I think it also has a manual mode. I guess it retails around $16000 abroad. Per custom laws it sould be more than 15 laks if imported.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:42   #19
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

How about a second hand Yamaha Dragstar or a Valkyrie / Rune?? You'll get them for below 10-lakhs.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
How about a second hand Yamaha Dragstar or a Valkyrie / Rune?? You'll get them for below 10-lakhs.
Something like what i suggested. The intruder looks awesome. Its a crazy crazy bike. Rode the orange one thts in mumbai and its just out of this world. Loved it more than the 954rr(Sorry anku).

Need advice on a cruiser!-dsc04688.jpg
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:54   #21
BHPian

How easily are these bikes available in Bangalore? If not here, where are they easiest to source? Bombay? I know Suzuki is releasing the Hayabusa later this year or early next but a new Hayabusa would be easily 13 odd lacs on road and that's over the budget.

I saw the ad for the Intruder, will tell him about it.

MT01 on road will be over-budget and it's not exactly a cruiser. He is thinking about mainstream cruisers and I don't think the MT01 is his first choice.

I'm also hoping that straight6 or manson or one of the other motorheads will be able to help source one if needed.

Thanks!
Bluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 23:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

I am sure they would be available with bike dealers in Bangalore. The bike sceene there is also hot.

you could also check out the classifieds in Bikez.com - Online motorcycle catalogue describing more than 10.000 bikes and 150 brands. i am sure you would find something your friend likes.

@ Adman77 according to the add by Chauhan for the DN-01 he is asking 11.5 LAKHS. I guess registration would be extra. The bike is in black according to our pictures, but he states it as being white. It would be fun to have an Auto gearbox in the city. I also would be confused in what to call the DN-01, a cruiser, scooter or a blend of both. I like the bike none the less and i would definately buy it if i was allowed.

Last edited by speedy : 22nd October 2008 at 23:43.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 01:57   #23
BHPian

The DN-01 is an Automatic Sports Cruiser. Honda employs its latest "Human Friendly Transmission" in this 650cc engine. You will get the same feeling of the throttle response as in a 6-speed manual. The coming 2009 model is priced at $14600.

Looks smashing in Red color.

Name:  DN01.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  114.8 KB
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 03:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

If the Boulevard in the classifieds really is a full duty paid bike, you should consider it.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:42   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
If the Boulevard in the classifieds really is a full duty paid bike, you should consider it.
Are you talking about classifieds on T-BHP? I cannot see it there. If you are talking about the one I mentioned, he is talking to someone here in Bangy but the bike is 3 lacs over his budget. I think the Intruder is a good option if everything is clean.

Am off to Chennai for the weekend so will post an update if he makes up his mind (he can get a little silly). Will also try to mooch a TD! The closest I ever got to a SBK was when I revved a friend's friend's R1. Never rode it though.

*Sigh* Someday...
Bluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
Are you talking about classifieds on T-BHP? I cannot see it there. If you are talking about the one I mentioned, he is talking to someone here in Bangy but the bike is 3 lacs over his budget. I think the Intruder is a good option if everything is clean.

Am off to Chennai for the weekend so will post an update if he makes up his mind (he can get a little silly). Will also try to mooch a TD! The closest I ever got to a SBK was when I revved a friend's friend's R1. Never rode it though.

*Sigh* Someday...
I'm talking about this one.

Team-BHP Classifieds - Suzuki Intruder 1800 - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Old 9th June 2009, 15:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post

s6, how much would a good cruiser with all proper documents cost?
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 17:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
s6, how much would a good cruiser with all proper documents cost?
It will cost close to 13-14L. You should consider the official Intruder then.
Old 9th June 2009, 22:30   #29
BHPian

Wow, mouth watering models!
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 22:51   #30
BHPian

Well, where I come from I have had this bike since nov08 (though had an accident but) still love for what it is. My personal opinion was made as i too was confused between Mt01 & Intruder. I had a chance to ride my friends Intruder once & felt that the sitting posture & stance was very cumbersome for me. So i feel its nice that had mt01 cox When i rode MT01 it felt to be much under my control & sitting was comfortable for long ride.

For looks surely Intruder looks much macho where as MT01 looks more of Brut Stud but when compared for exhaust note i didnt like intruder at all. Intruder purrs just like a bullet 500cc but Mt01's Mighty Roar offset's people comfort from a long distance. Yes i love the way it announces it arrival. Its quite loud & i like it that way ! MT01 did very well in the European market somehow it didnt fare well in INDIA !

Just my view; people would love to disagree but now that i have Mt01 so i love every nick bit of it.

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 9th June 2009 at 23:05.
Jonny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote