Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 11:29   #46
BHPian
 
ram.west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 418
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
1981 Deluxe Model, run 32k, no modifications.

Only 32k done for a 1981!!!!!! Thats hard to hear!!
ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 13:06   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kannur,Kerala
Posts: 52
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Hello, Fellow Thumpers nice to see/meet some awesome Enfields and its proud owners, I ride a Electra 5S on which i haven't done much modifications on the engine. just got the seat done.I would like to join my fellow BULLETS for a trip.
varunlaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 15:33   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kannur,Kerala
Posts: 52
Thanked: 7 Times
Thumbs up

Here are some snaps of my 5S. Owneng a bulloet really is special (all the Enfields) "I mean.!.!
Attached Images
   
varunlaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 16:04   #49
BHPian
 
ram.west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 418
Thanked: 19 Times
Default welcome!!

hey varun !!! welcome cheers: . Did u have to meddle with the suspension for the seat. The space between the rear wheel and the bumper seems to a be more than usual.
ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 16:53   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kannur,Kerala
Posts: 52
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
hey varun !!! welcome cheers: . Did u have to meddle with the suspension for the seat. The space between the rear wheel and the bumper seems to a be more than usual.

HI, No havnt done anyhing to the suspension as such.Infact i've had this same query by some of my friends back in kannur. do u think there is something wrong with the dynamics of the bike.It would be nice if you could help me on onething, which is the best suited handlebar for my ride.
varunlaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 16:59   #51
BHPian
 
agbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: TN38
Posts: 941
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

I was not sure where to start modifying my new TBTS. But started getting ideas from the pictures you post. Thanks Guys!

Any one knows the rider club(s) in Coimbatore?

Thank you.
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 17:14   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kannur,Kerala
Posts: 52
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Thats a nice question,which reminds me "anybody here know about Enfield Clubs in north Kerala.?.
varunlaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 17:25   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kannur,Kerala
Posts: 52
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I was not sure where to start modifying my new TBTS. But started getting ideas from the pictures you post. Thanks Guys!

Any one knows the rider club(s) in Coimbatore?

Thank you.

Is there a reason u should be modifying your new TBTS,its stand's out as it is. By the way i havnt ridden a TBTS as of now,How is it ?.?
varunlaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 17:28   #54
BHPian
 
ram.west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 418
Thanked: 19 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunlaxman View Post
HI, No havnt done anyhing to the suspension as such.Infact i've had this same query by some of my friends back in kannur. do u think there is something wrong with the dynamics of the bike.It would be nice if you could help me on onething, which is the best suited handlebar for my ride.

Handlebars depend upon your preference varun, your riding position how built you are etc... so really not able to suggest anything in particular as it varies from person to person. But generally an rd handlebar suits well with most people. Check that out if you feel this is uncomfortable.
ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 17:49   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kannur,Kerala
Posts: 52
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Handlebars depend upon your preference varun, your riding position how built you are etc... so really not able to suggest anything in particular as it varies from person to person. But generally an rd handlebar suits well with most people. Check that out if you feel this is uncomfortable.

Thanks for the handle Bar inputs,infact i was plannin to get an RD Bar.But i'm a bit worried eversince you pointed out that suspension thing. help me out on this.
varunlaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 18:14   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kerala
Posts: 4,484
Thanked: 2,487 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunlaxman View Post
Here are some snaps of my 5S. Owneng a bulloet really is special (all the Enfields) "I mean.!.!
Is that a Chetak seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunlaxman View Post
But i'm a bit worried eversince you pointed out that suspension thing. help me out on this.
Nothing wrong with the suspension. The gas type rear shockabsorbers are a little longer than the STD type suspension. The gap seems wide since there is no rear seat.

Last edited by Sankar : 5th November 2008 at 18:18.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 18:23   #57
BHPian
 
jusgetgoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Any one knows the rider club(s) in Coimbatore?
Check out Kovai Thumpers - Royal Enfield - Bulletinboard
jusgetgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 19:18   #58
BHPian
 
sumanth_mk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ಕರ&
Posts: 45
Thanked: 2 Times
Thumbs up Mine is Lightning 535

Model : 1998
Purchased : 2006
Modifications : I have repainted the bike to Blue
Mileage : 40Km/L in city Limits and 30Km/L on Highways
Odo : 25k
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-535.jpg  

sumanth_mk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 22:06   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kannur,Kerala
Posts: 52
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Hi there, yup that is the seat taken straight out of the chethak.I still have some cosmetic treatment to do on the seat.!.! by the way any sort of ideas and toughts are welcome.
varunlaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 22:08   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kannur,Kerala
Posts: 52
Thanked: 7 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanth_mk View Post
Model : 1998
Purchased : 2006
Modifications : I have repainted the bike to Blue
Mileage : 40Km/L in city Limits and 30Km/L on Highways
Odo : 25k
Nice neat job,especially the paint work and the seat.looks great.!.!
varunlaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All T-BHP INNOVA Owners- Your Car Pics here Please btirthankar Shifting gears 104 16th December 2011 09:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks