Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th February 2013, 10:52   #1171
BHPian

Default Re: All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansu View Post
MY New Thunderbird 350 -Got delivery in Jan 1st-2013.
Congratulations for getting the bird. It is amazing to have 01-01 in RC Book. The new T Bird looks very close to Harley Davidson.

Can anyone tell, what is the difference between this new T Bird and other UCE bikes?
(Alok) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 16:20   #1172
BHPian

Here are a couple of photos of my Royal Enfield Bullet 350 UCE aka STD UCE. Have purchased this in Nov-2010 and has clocked around 11k kms so far.

Modifications (No major mods done) :
1. Silencer changed to short bottle
2. Seat modified to my taste and requirements
3. Minor cosmetic enhancements - Added the headlamp cap, Replaced Handle Bar Side weights with Chrome weights , Added RE stickers on Petrol Tank, the Resonator box and on rear mud-guard.

Cheers and Happy Thumping!
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-img_3956.jpg  

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-img_3968.jpg  

bulletboy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 16:57   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Wow! 7" TLS Drum brakes still. Nice!
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 17:22   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletboy76 View Post
Here are a couple of photos of my Royal Enfield Bullet 350 UCE aka STD UCE. Have purchased this in Nov-2010 and has clocked around 11k kms so far.

Modifications (No major mods done) :
1. Silencer changed to short bottle
2. Seat modified to my taste and requirements
3. Minor cosmetic enhancements - Added the headlamp cap, Replaced Handle Bar Side weights with Chrome weights , Added RE stickers on Petrol Tank, the Resonator box and on rear mud-guard.

Cheers and Happy Thumping!
Great looking bike.I have booked a DS. Planning to swap out the bazooka silencer with the short bottle.Hows the performance with the short bottle,hows the thump as compared to the stock silencer?Is it an original RE spare?
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 17:51   #1175
BHPian

Thanks Rakesh!

The thump is quite good compared to the stock bazooka. I believe this is more of bassy thump (and less trebble). The exaust note is not too loud (like the Goldstar or Punjab silencers). I find it fine to my taste.

I purchased (and got it fitted) from RE dealer/ service center only, but I don't think it is Original RE spade as the receipt says 'Indore' silencer. In any case, the chrome quality is nice.
bulletboy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 20:47   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletboy76 View Post
Thanks Rakesh!

The thump is quite good compared to the stock bazooka. I believe this is more of bassy thump (and less trebble). The exaust note is not too loud (like the Goldstar or Punjab silencers). I find it fine to my taste.

I purchased (and got it fitted) from RE dealer/ service center only, but I don't think it is Original RE spade as the receipt says 'Indore' silencer. In any case, the chrome quality is nice.
@Bulletboy thanks for the prompt response,can you pm me the address from where you had bought the silencer,incase if i don't get it in Mumbai.Thanks in advance
PS-How much did it cost?

Last edited by rakesh_r : 26th February 2013 at 20:49.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 21:23   #1177
BHPian

Here is my Ride the legendary thumbing bull aka Royal Enfield.It was a dream right from the schooling time to own a Royal Enfield i always used to fancy owning one.Now its a reality it's no more a dream .Now i am a proud owner of this piece of history.it makes the enthusiast in me reach motoring nirvana. i can experience pure mechanics in action when ever i ride this machine.i can hear the mechanical clatter,i can feel the crank rolling.i can feel the gear changes.All this mechanical moments is never hidden from the rider i can feel it all. modern machines cocoons all mechanical clatters to increase say refinment but i prefer it in a raw format.Royal Enfield succeded in carrying over there legacy,hand build with love,engineered with purpose and designed with mechanical errors build in.Thumb on Royal Enfield Thumb on
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc_0245.jpg  

justin.das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2013, 22:46   #1178
BHPian

few pictures of my brand new CL350. got it delivered y'day.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc09037.jpg  

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc09050.jpg  

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc09054.jpg  

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-dsc09056.jpg  

arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 10:46   #1179
BHPian

Here are some pictures of my 1988 Standard 350 after a recent restore.

Bought it at an auction by the Railway Protection Force(in surprisingly good condition) and rode it for three years.

Then restored it at Central MotorCycles (Sudhakar Anna,) Bansilal Pet, Secunderabad. Chrome and Buffing outsourced to someone in Bansilalpet.

Painting by Siraj bhai near Manju theatre, Patny, Secunderabad.

Gold coloured lining on tank and tool boxes by Ateeq bhai, Freelancer.

Seat work done in Lower-Tank bund.
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-431611_3235726847600_1099583570_33351592_300442361_n.jpg  

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-425999_3235726367588_1099583570_33351590_1232300960_n.jpg  

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-426882_3235728407639_1099583570_33351597_631322536_n.jpg  

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-417748_3235730247685_1099583570_33351604_983327003_n.jpg  

All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please-432365_3235729127657_1099583570_33351599_1534045779_n.jpg  

Attached Images

teja484 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 11:11   #1180
BHPian

^^^^^^ Thanks for making my day

Very well executed. nothing flashy.

Perfect!
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 11:26   #1181
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please

@Teja484: Excellent Job ..... The paint job is fab and the chromework too.. can you let me know where did you get the mirrors and seat from ? I am also from HYD.
Good work again
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 11:39   #1182
BHPian

Well I have 2009 Machismo 500. Recently got overhauled with change of Block & Piston. Attaching a few pics below.
Attached Images

musclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 11:56   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja484 View Post
Now that is one neatly restored bullet. One word- Awesome!!!! It feels so good to see people maintaining their rides & treating like family.
swami.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 12:11   #1184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja484 View Post
Excellent work done on the bullet and looks fabulous after that chrome and paint job

Iam part of a bullet club. Do join us for rides sometimes?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 14:51   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
@Teja484: Excellent Job ..... The paint job is fab and the chromework too.. can you let me know where did you get the mirrors and seat from ? I am also from HYD.
Good work again
drsingh, Phoenix, Swami and mobike, thank you for all the comments. You guys made my day in return.

The paint job is Afsa. The regular black without any metallic in it. I detest any shades of metallic and all those paints that look like one color in the sun and another in the night are an outright no no for me.

The Mirrors are probably from the Shop(Commercial Spares i guess) on Ranigunj corner of RP road and SD road. It is tucked away between a Helmet shop and a petrol pump. He does have some Delhi made stuff and is reasonably priced. Incidentally, I also bought the AVL(slightly shorter by one inch and thicker) bendpipe for the bullet and also the Indore silencer.

There is another shop in Bansilalpet near the Hindu-crematorium. Anand Spares. Again, tucked between a Tailor and a Aqueel the welder. Anand i feel sells the spares a little cheaper but then availability is a little bit of a problem. Dont forget to mention to Anand that you are getting the bike done at Sudhakar anna's place or he might sell you second quality, albeit for a lesser price.

Between these two shops, I cant remember where I bought what. However, I usually try Anand first and Commercial next as commercial is a little farther from the mechanic. I still think the mirrors are from Commercial though.

The seat is altogether another story. I bought a Classic replica seat from Commercial and asked my welder Shakeel(Aqueel's brother, Shakeel's shop is right by Pillai's shop, the guy who services old rims and spokes for restore/corrects error in the handles etc) to fix it to the bike. When we opened the seat from the cover, the metal sheet(guage too thin) had already cut into the fabric. Shakeel drew a model of it on an old calendar from the wall and then we promptly returned it. Then we sat down to design this seat and made some minor changes to clear the rear murguard and we used the springs from my old saddle seat and came up with this design. He fabricated it in a day or two and then when i returned with the bike, we fit it and further made some mods. Then i chucked the old seat and installed the new seat plate and rode it to the Seatcover wallah. Rajdhani Seat upholstery i suppose in lower tankbund. Its the first left after the Marriot hotel and then you scoot along for a kilometre and it is to your right after a Honda two wheeler showroom. He is by far the best in Secunderabad as far as I know. Believe me, that ride was so much fun. Riding on the cold hard sheet metal and enjoying the bounce in the springs was such fun, listening to the ol thumper all the while. Oh by the way, she turned 25 this January.

Then I had to haggle with the Rajdhani guy,not for the price, but for the shape of the seat and the amount of sponge he would leave and where all, he would shear off the foam etc etc. He has his own notion of perfect and I had mine. He then later gave good ideas about the stitching and used a bright colour thread to subtly match the overall paint theme.

Oh one more important detail that I missed. The bike runs on 6Volt battery and electricals. I did not have the heart to change it to 12volt even though night riding is difficult given the internsity of the headlight, not to mention the difficulty in sourcing parts for the 6V mechanism.

But then again, if there is no trouble in getting things done, you are probably not getting a Bullet done. All in good time and all in good spirit is all I will say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Excellent work done on the bullet and looks fabulous after that chrome and paint job

Iam part of a bullet club. Do join us for rides sometimes?
Mobike, thank you for the invitation. Please let me know the name of the bullet club and where you meet etc. I will gladly join you for a ride sometime soon.

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st March 2013 at 16:25. Reason: back to back posts. Please wait for 30 minutes before posting or use edit to existing post. Thanks
teja484 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote