Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd March 2009, 02:21   #16
BHPian

Tyre sizes chosen are perfect. If you can find Zapper FV for front, then that would be super. Otherwise no problem.
Stick to Zapper Q for rear.

LOL, so the mechanic first wants you to put in smaller rim for shorter gearing and consequently lowered top speed, upset the chassis balance, handling and then wants you have the motor ported. Dump the Yezdi rim idea. Downright stupid. How much educated is this mechanic?

You are STRONGLY advised to start learning 2 strokes yourself if you want to ride them or just dump it and pick up a nice Pulsar/Karizma and ride on tension free.
Genuine, Authentic 5 speeders are rare and expensive. Don't let anyone wring the life out of it.

Invest money in safety first.
1) Better tyres. MRF or Michelin on Classic Pulsar 180, adreno, CBZ etc. spoked/wire rims.
2) Disk brake in front. Classis Pulsar 180 lower fork legs + Disk brake setup.
3) Check wheel bearings, swingarm Bushings for wear.

Then Invest money into increasing overall efficiency.
1) RDD CDI
2) UNI Filter + upgraded jets -> Cleaner engine. Healthier engine.

When you have additional money to blow, come back and post here. We will discuss performance then. Prioritize your spending. Get it running right and healthy first.
Don't buy a bed before you a have a house.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 03:26   #17
BHPian

If the tyres chosen are perfect I will defenelty go for the same, The reason I seeked suggestion on the tyre change is just because I heard that 100/90-18 result with low Initial Pickup (Iam not sure if this is correct), however after the performance upgrades I should not end up in replacing the rear tyre to increase the Intial pickup.

If you guys Suggested that 100/90-18 MRF Zapper is good for Initial Pickup and Top Speed even after performance upgrades Iam happy to replace it.
In bangalore I have seen most of Yamahas are running with Yezdi Wheel in rear.

Hey Scary skull I dont have any idea to sell my recently bought 2 Stroke, I also have a 2005 Unicorn enjoying every ride.
Bhargava_sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 04:51   #18
BHPian

Oh great. Then the 5 speeder is not a primary bike.
Makes life much much much easier.
Just park it for now and concentrate on improving your knowledge of the subject. That is the only way you can rise above the level of illiterate mechanics/greasemonkeys and have nice revving, healthy 2 stroker.

Dont bother so much about tyre sizes and everything. 100/90 is a good upsize and you get Zapper Q in this size. So it's all cool. 2.75x18 front is the most popular front tyre size so no problems there too. Just follow the above upgrade path and you shall continue to enjoy your bike for years to come.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 03:36   #19
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Where can i get a new set of RX135 5 speed Side Shields in bangalore, I need to change those for my bike.
Checked with the local Yamaha Showroom and they said its not available and not orderable.
Bhargava_sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 15:03   #20
BHPian

Do a search in orion pacer motors and bangalore wheels you will defently find a pair for your bike.
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote